Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least this new info puts to rest the theory that BM was a successful businessman in his own right and didn't need Suzannes money.
Imagine running a business where your employee messes up a project so badly that you fire him on the spot but it takes you an entire YEAR to correct the job.
Charlatan comes to mind...and of course it's an alibi.
Imagine being 51 years old and still so insecure, you let other peoples perceptions of you dictate your behavior. He says hes remained silence because he knows people think hes guilty, but like honestly who gives af what strangers on the internet think about you. If your spouse is missing how does that not trump everything else? It were me I would not care what people said, I would keep talking and keep the case in the limelight until I found some answers.

I think you make a valid point, not only is BM apathetic in work but in every area of his life

Last edited:
For some reason, I have become a little obsessed with this case. I think about Suzanne several times a day. (I’m sure all of us on the thread are.) Something’s been bugging me. I preface it by saying a great big “ALLEGEDLY”.
WHY would Barry (allegedly) risk taking Suzanne very far on the way to Denver? I mean, he’s in a fairly isolated location at their house. WHY would you risk the possibilities of a random blown tire, a random LE stop, having a truck wreck (you can’t control other drivers or animals), etc with a body in your vehicle? It seems smarter to do whatever he did there around their home or an isolated area not visible to any others. JMOO IMOO MOO!
I think Suzanne is close by, too, as does Old Cop. I was actually in the area last fall (about 30 miles away) visiting old friends. We hiked and toured the countryside for 50 miles in all directions. Let me tell you -- you could hide a mammoth in plain sight and it would never be found. Rugged, craggy, lots of mines, abandoned buildings, animal dens, god knows what else.
I am reminded of a murder here where I live (well-populated Eastern Seaboard) -- a young woman was abducted, raped and murdered and then dumped about 20 miles away in a farmer's field. She was missing for months until a farmer found her decomposing body by accident. And this was in a populous place where no attempt was made to hide her! (Yes, they got the monster who killed her.) It's sad, but without a confession, SM's family may never be able to bring her home for burial.

Imagine being 47 years old and still so insecure, you let other peoples perceptions of you dictate your behavior. He says hes remained silence because he knows people think hes guilty, but like honestly who gives af what strangers on the internet think about you. If your spouse is missing how does that not trump everything else? It were me I would not care what people said, I would keep talking and keep the case in the limelight until I found some answers.

I think you make a valid point, not only is BM apathetic in work but in every area of his life
I think he’s 51. :)

In one of the IG photos of Suzanne, she is wearing a Crested Butte hoodie. I wonder if this is an area that they had visited and that BM was familiar with?
JMO
Without a doubt! This is a very popular and beautiful area, and a destination ski resort. We drive the 4 hrs there frequently just for a weekend. It's my favorite area in the state.

Last edited:
Did anybody catch what the brother said when it cut out or blacked out, something something and all fingers came back pointing at B?

I actually think that brief segment may have been intentionally edited out by the PE guys before they aired it.

I suspect that AM shared a piece of information that Chris from @ProfilingEvil thought would best be kept under wraps for the sake of the investigation. As a former LEO, he no doubt has a good awareness of what evidentiary facts LE would not want made public at this time.

I actually think when he says, "Hang on for a minute," right before AM cuts off, Chris appeared to be trying to click on or adjust a setting. I think he was trying to mute AM so that part of the discussion was not audible to viewers.

Also, right after that, Chris goes on to point out that they would definitely not want to say anything to jeopardize the investigation, so that also led me to conclude that something had slipped out that he thought would be best left unsaid.

It could have been purely a technical glitch, but the timing of it was such that I lean more toward it being an intentional wipe.

If so, kudos to the @ProfilingEvil guys for prioritizing justice for SM over their viewership.

No reason to give the enemy any useful information.
Forewarned is forearmed, as they say.
And we know this perp knows what to do with ammo.

Best to leave him stumbling around in the dark.
Which is exactly what LE is doing here.

Tactically, we're seeing nothing short of sheer brilliance by LE right now.

JMO.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see more information getting out now. It is obvious that BM has been telling lies. People of his inner circle will start to draw accurate conclusions about discrepancies that he has told. The puzzle pieces are falling into place.

Personally, it makes me angry to be used and lied to. It's an insult.
He will be losing the loyalty of the friends that he has lied to. They will be doing the right thing. Moo

I think Suzanne is close by, too, as does Old Cop. I was actually in the area last fall (about 30 miles away) visiting old friends. We hiked and toured the countryside for 50 miles in all directions. Let me tell you -- you could hide a mammoth in plain sight and it would never be found. Rugged, craggy, lots of mines, abandoned buildings, animal dens, god knows what else.
I am reminded of a murder here where I live (well-populated Eastern Seaboard) -- a young woman was abducted, raped and murdered and then dumped about 20 miles away in a farmer's field. She was missing for months until a farmer found her decomposing body by accident. And this was in a populous place where no attempt was made to hide her! (Yes, they got the monster who killed her.) It's sad, but without a confession, SM's family may never be able to bring her home for burial.
I've always thought she was close by as well. Too many areas for him to bury her out of sight rather than risk driving her towards Denver or CO Springs <or wherever the heck he was>.

I actually think that brief segment may have been intentionally edited out by the PE guys before they aired it.

I suspect that AM shared a piece of information that Chris from PE thought would best be kept under wraps for the sake of the investigation. As a former LEO, he no doubt has a good awareness of what evidentiary facts LE would definitely not want made public at this time.

I actually think when he says, "Hang on for a minute," right before AM cuts off, Chris appeared to be trying to click on or adjust a setting. I think he was trying to mute AM so that part of the discussion was not audible to the viewer.

It could have been purely a technical glitch, but the timing of it was such that I lean more toward it being an intentional wipe.

JMO.
I agree. I think it was done intentionally by Chris. MOO

Catching up but skipped to the last page on the new thread.
So, now we know there was a hotel room with an excuse of storing tools. mmmmm. We (own a construction company) rent a storage bin to store tools. Most companies I know do this and it's cheaper than a hotel room.
I'll bet there are cameras at the entrances of the hotel, parking and maybe the hallways.
LE knows what's up imo.
I wonder if that was his way of explaining whatever he actually carried into the hotel that day. "That shovel, oh it was a tool for my job".

Driveways, boulder retaining walls, excavations for septic tank, I had all levels of construction people on my land, those are 3 of the easiest jobs where you don't have to hang out all day watching what they do. No way would the owner of the poorly constructed wall wait a year for a repair. I don't know what kind of wall it was, but I doubt the whole story anyway so what the hey.
There was probably a gold mine for le if they found the hotel, the employees, etc.
BBM
Perhaps Suzanne found out about the hotel...

If your spouse is missing how does that not trump everything else?

Honestly this is what I find myself asking almost every day about something else he’s done. Real estate transactions and guardianships, building a house for mom, buying a new truck, going to the gym, being SILENT.

How does your spouse being missing not trump everything else?!

I wonder if that was his way of explaining whatever he actually carried into the hotel that day. "That shovel, oh it was a tool for my job".
We have never ever rented a hotel room to bring tools into. That's just a weird excuse. Been doing this over 35 years.
I guess maybe if the tools were only needed for 1 day? They couldn't have been large heavy tools tho. One doesn't haul those up to a hotel room.
Did he have a tool box on the back of his truck?
Could he lift the back seats up of his truck where there is hidden storage?
This makes no sense to me, renting a hotel room where he could keep his tools.
But I do believe he rented a hotel room. jmo

I watched the interview with AM last night, but because there was SO much info there I had to watch again this morning. Just a few things that stood out to me, so I took some notes:

5:48 AM arrived in CO around 8-9pm Monday night. The Morphew house was already locked down so he went to the neighbor's air bnb. AM says BM was staying at "the neighbor's across the river, right behind his house". (I have seen conflicting info on WHO he was staying with, so this stood out to me)

6:35 AM heads to the house BM was staying at and asks BM to tell him everything: BM tells AM the 5am departure story. For a job in Colorado Springs (did AM misspeak here, or is that actually where BM told him he was?) where he was repairing a wall he'd put up last fall. BM tells AM he was setting the site up at the hotel, leaving tools at the hotel, so his crew could show up the next day (not Sunday night as he told TD) and re-build the wall. (I wonder what LE has seen on the surveillance footage of the hotel on Sunday?)

7:35 AM states BM told him he texted SM later that morning to tell her happy Mother's Day. No response. So then BM allegedly called SM and got her voicemail. He left a message - he's concerned - please call him back. BM's cell phone records will have already told LE exactly where that call was placed from. Denver? Colorado Springs? Somewhere else entirely?

9:05 BM tells AM he arrived back home at 6pm then later says it was 9pm. Such a stupid thing to lie about, so why do it?

13:00 AM became convinced after standing there for 20 minutes the bike was thrown down the ravine - BM didn't want to hear it, brushed him off (of course).

21:00 CBI travelled to IN to question the Moorman family & friends of B & S. AM tells (whoever it was) CBI he doesn't think BM had anything to do with it because he's been cooperative & passed polygraph & voice stress tests - CBI stops AM and says NO, BM uncooperative with CBI, lied about passing tests.

To me, it can't possibly get any clearer that a.) BM is as guilty as it gets b.) LE believe the exact same thing. I suspect his arrest may happen very, very soon. And the warrants unsealed, as well as the arrest warrant PC affidavit, which will be mind blowing to read. (and then all you super savvy folks who have info you're sitting on can finally share!)

jmo

Thank you for your excellent summary! I don't have the patience to sit through those videos, so I'm very grateful if others do take the time :)

We have never ever rented a hotel room to bring tools into. That's just a weird excuse. Been doing this over 35 years.
I guess maybe if the tools were only needed for 1 day? They couldn't have been large heavy tools tho. One doesn't haul those up to a hotel room.
Did he have a tool box on that back of his truck?
Could he lift the back seats up of his truck where there is hidden storage?
This makes no sense to me, renting a hotel room where he could keep his tools.
But I do believe he rented a hotel room. jmo
Maybe he needed to scrub his tools. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members