Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that the family thinks BM is an awesome hunter but once again, we have only Barry's word for it. Suzanne's brother, IIRC, grew up - like BM - Indiana. Maybe they hunted occasionally, but there are no reports of hunting in the Mountain West or Intermountain West. It's a whole nuther ball game, if you ask me. The Big Leagues (and I am including especially places like the Yellowstone region or up into Canada).

One of the taxidermied heads shown in the Christmas Picture was in the MLS picture when the house was for sale. So BM didn't kill that one - but like everything in his world, there's a spin. He sits under it, and most of us would think he killed all of those animals - I now doubt him rather than believe him, whenever I hear what he says. I'll believe he's a real hunter when some actual, experienced Colorado or Montana or Wyoming hunter says he's hunted alongside the Great Hunter. It's probably like his claims about push-ups. I doubt those too.

SM's brother very likely never went hunting with BM in CO, owing to the lack of contact after BM moved to short time that BM had lived there - they moved to CO during one hunting season and only had one more.

I do believe BM spends a lot of time outdoors, moving dirt and pouring concrete and hardscaping. I can see the physical evidence and the man who ran for Mayor of Indiana says that's what Barry does, and it seems LE thought that was his job as well.

So I agree with your point about him scoping out the landscape - although I truly wonder how far from his house he'd actually wandered. He went to Salida a lot, for companionship at the gym (IMO).

I also agree that right now, the most likely way Suzanne will be found is by hikers or hunters. Off trail hikers. But I think she's very well concealed out there. I do wonder if further use of cadaver dogs at this point might be helpful (that's what families usually set up a G_F_M account for, in a situation like this, IMO). Or does LE have a reason to believe that method wouldn't work?

Of course I have no real idea what kind of hunter BM is -- I am only going on the word of a relative. BM could be BSing about that as much as he BSes about everything else. I do think he, SM and the kids were somewhat outdoorsy (skiing, biking) if you go by their social media. But who knows? Maybe they skied one day of 2 weeks in Vail, and then spent the rest of the time shopping and eating out.
However, I have been in the Salida area several times and used to live in Colorado and Montana -- I've been in areas in which you could lose a mammoth carcass. And I'm not a hardcore hiker, biker, or camper. I have never hiked and tented overnight in any back country. Even for me, it would be easy to find a place where she would never be found. Look at all those back-country hikers in the national parks -- they disappear and years later someone finds a bone or a weathered backpack, and that's after rangers had searched for weeks or months. SM is in the same position.

Last edited:
see if you can get any more info on the "bobcat".
Where was it normally kept? his home?
What was the mechanical thing he was doing?
Is it back home and being held by a search warrant?
Does BM own it or rent it?
Or belong to a fellow construction guy?
What attachments does he have for it?
The bobcat story is bugging me. I'm convinced it an important piece to this puzzle but I can't
put it together. After the 'deed'........
Did he take the bobcat to Salida site and remove the 'dirty' bucket? And replace it or?
Put a clean bucket on it at the site? Or a different attachment?

It would be interesting if the bobcat was used legitimately at the Salida site on Saturday to prep the dirt prior to the concrete being poured. But then the attachment was changed out for backhoe and that was what was on the bobcat Sunday when BM finds LE at his home. Never using the backhoe attachment on the Sunday job, making it very curious why he would have changed the attachment.

I think the bobcat and “tools” are critical evidence. I can’t wait to learn more about them.

Although Lauren told me she’s going to be on either Profiling Evil or Facebook live tonight (I didn’t get clarification), neither she nor the PE guys have Tweeted about it yet. Anyone find anything?

I hope it’s not a pre-recorded interview we’re going to have to wait for.

Is it the follow-up w/Lauren on the PE YouTube channel? Haven’t watched it yet.

This is a copy pasta of some of the transcript of the PE Choir Practice YT last night. I found it interesting, wanted to share:

51:25
the the part that on the bobcat that was
51:28
in question
51:29
was actually it's it's called the blade
51:31
or the lower section of the
51:33
if you think of the front of a bucket on
51:36
a bobcat which is just a small backhoe
51:39
there's a piece of metal that goes
51:41
across the front
51:42
that wears down because it's dragging on
51:44
the ground
51:45
that was one of the pieces in question
51:49
and you you know what we don't know it
51:51
could have been just an
51:52
entire uh fluke that that
51:56
happened at the same moment it could
51:58
have been involved in something
52:00
um we're like you waiting for that to
52:02
unfold
52:04
yeah and um yeah there's still a lot of
52:06
information i mean
52:07
are there two are there repair shops uh
52:10
in that area and if so
52:11
you know uh crime fighters kind of poke
52:13
around see if
52:15
anybody brought you know equipment in to
52:17
be sharpened or anything like that you
52:19
never know i mean it could be out there
52:22
but you know you guys are out and about
52:24
um
Ok, now this is quite interesting if this is the part they refer to. I know there are some experts here and I haven't read beyond this post to see if this was addressed yet.
What is the Blade Float detent used for

" i'd like to know what ideas y'all have about barry lying down on the ground in the middle of the search. what in the bizarro world kind of action is THAT?"

Excellent post.
I want to know where that bluff is! Unless, of course, it was another histrionic NPD display or a 'clever' diversionary tactic. Any which way, I'd like to know where it is. Wasn't it going up the other side of the mountain?
LE was very interested in the 'act' and where it happened.
Didn't AM say that it was HIS (AM's) friend that accompanied BM on that particular 'search'?
If I didn't mishear, BM knew it would get back to AM and possibly LE (which it did).

So may bombshells in this interview.

BM declined Voice Analysis, Lie Detector Tests and cooperation with LE. Bike thrown down from the road (we all knew that).
BM's timeline, alibi and circumstances changing. Too much to list. I'll have to watch it again.
Bizarro is right. And very, very telling.

The friend taking a picture is just bizarre. So 'anguish' overtakes Barry during this search and he throws himself on the ground in 'grief and dispair'. And the friend he is searching with (400 tour guy I assume) whips out his phone and takes a picture? Really?

There are only two possibilities I can draw from this, and both possibilities involve this friend. But the friend is off limits until mods say otherwise.

LS's follow up:

LS's interview with BM was not recorded. She wished he'd allow that since apparently he did get emotional & she wanted to be able to share that.

BM claims to be a private person.

BM is still looking for SM every day. (30 miles out, on foot).

Reminder of the upcoming candlelight vigil for SM.

That was basically it.

LS's follow up:

LS's interview with BM was not recorded. She wished he'd allow that since apparently he did get emotional & she wanted to be able to share that.

BM claims to be a private person.

BM is still looking for SM every day. (30 miles out, on foot).

Reminder of the upcoming candlelight vigil for SM.

That was basically it.
Yeah, unfortunately, Lauren gave Barry her word about not repeating certain things. Coupled with her hopes of scoring another interview, she was forced to be very careful.

We’re going to have to wait.

When Lauren said that Barry told her some things that she told him she would not share, Mike and Chris agreed that it's good that Barry has an "outlet", someone whom he trusts, to talk to.

It was very interesting that Lauren told them that the L.E. did not reach out to her after she reported on the news that she had spoken with Barry.

The L.E. are keeping their cards close...

Yeah, unfortunately, Lauren gave Barry her word about not repeating certain things. Coupled with her hopes of scoring another interview, she was forced to be very careful.

We’re going to have to wait.
I thought it was interesting that Lauren mentioned that LE had not contacted her about the interview. Was that statement for BM’s benefit?

see if you can get any more info on the "bobcat".
Where was it normally kept? his home?
What was the mechanical thing he was doing?
Is it back home and being held by a search warrant?
Does BM own it or rent it?
Or belong to a fellow construction guy?
What attachments does he have for it?
The bobcat story is bugging me. I'm convinced it an important piece to this puzzle but I can't
put it together. After the 'deed'........
Did he take the bobcat to Salida site and remove the 'dirty' bucket? And replace it or?
Put a clean bucket on it at the site? Or a different attachment?
interesting also because a landscaper like Barry would know what part to reorder and where to get it quickly whether Amazon or locally. Under normal circumstances no one would bat an eye at a landscaper needing to order parts. Except that his wife was missing and it was Mother’s Day. IMO
ETA multiple quote post

I hope that after speaking with Lauren, Barry reaches out to the community for people to join him in his daily searches.

This would give Barry some company and some people for him to talk to as they search.
I’m not holding my breath. He has countless willing searchers at his disposal, and he has done nothing at this point.

I’m not holding my breath. He has countless willing searchers at his disposal, and he has done nothing at this point.

Yes that is so true. People always want to help and they show up!

I just thought that with company to talk with, as they searched together with Barry, that he might say some things that don't seem important but they could be key as to where Suzanne is.

Perhaps his subconscious may drop some good clues. You never know!

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members