Found Deceased TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some details about the state of her body seem to be known by the family (i.e. The mom talking about the orange float which has yet to be explained). The mom, bf, and bf's mother were pictured in MSM reports standing near the place where she was recovered. MOO
I must have missed that. Can someone link it? TIA!

I will be dead wrong if the bf or the mother isn't arrested and charged in this case. There have been too many cases like this scenario. I think the stats might lean toward a bf who single mothers allow to move in, and then ignore the resentment and abuse their child experiences from the bf. These types of single mothers are desperate for a man who they think will love them and will support them. They put him, and their needs ahead of their poor kid who is deemed as baggage in the their relationship.

It is possible that mom caved to the bf's resentment of Maliyah being in their lives, or his constant criticism of her behavior? She could have lashed out in a rage toward Maliyah, but if she was a half decent mother who cared about her daughter, I can't see that happening. Maybe she was the abuser and the bf is protecting her.

LE are 0n to them, and I expect an arrest(s) in the near future. jmo

Last edited:
I will be dead wrong if the bf or the mother isn't arrested and charged in this case. There have been too many cases like this scenario. I think the stats might lean toward a bf who single mothers allow to move in, and then ignore the resentment and abuse their child experiences from the bf. These types of single mothers are desperate for a man who they think will love them and will support them. They put him, and their needs ahead of their poor kid who is deemed as baggage in the their relationship.

It is possible that mom caved to the bf's resentment of Maliyah being in their lives, or his constant criticism of her behavior? She could have lashed out in a rage toward Maliyah, but if she was a half decent mother who cared about her daughter, I can't see that happening. Maybe she was the abuser and the bf is protecting her.

LE are to them, and I expect an arrest(s) in the near future. jmo
Some countries provide funds so that the single mother does not have to rely on support from men or do not have to rely on non working men to babysit their childre, while they work.

I was on the fence until I took a trip through Facebook land. A slew of relatives have opened their pages and are speaking plainly about the situation. After reading all that I have to say I've pretty much joined their side of the fence.

It's a sad situation.

Yes me too. I’ll just say I’ve been down the same road.

Iirc, LE did say Tootie was abducted. They had to have their reasons then to believe an abduction occured.

They may already have a POI.

It should be rather easy to track down which vehicles left around the time she was abducted by looking at the camera footage.

I'm sure after she was reported missing LE checked all vehicles coming in, and out after then.

Jmho
Well, issuing amber alert implies an abduction. It's part of the qualifications in order to do an Amber alert for kids. They don't do them for run aways which is garbage because what if they didn't actually run away, but that's beside the point.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that this poor little girl fell into the bayou near her home and drifted over 15 miles to where she was found.

We know this is foul play. An autopsy will let us know if she drowned. And if she did, is the water in her lungs the water from the bayou or some other body of water?

If she has obvious signs of trauma on her little body will they be ascribed to currents in a moving body of water or were they delivered antemortem?

When a child is dead, I don't know what's worse: caregivers being responsible or a random offender. Regardless, the result is the same.
They are suspecting foul play so we don't really need the autopsy report that pretty much is confirmed that they are looking for someone when they say that. There was obviously something about the way they found her that said not an accident. Hopefully someone nearby has video footage like they are hoping for of a person or vehicle that's out of place, because I really hate when it's mom or dad. Whatever happened to her I hope she was unconscious and felt nothing! That poor little baby.
This makes me wonder how long this little girls body was in this body of water. I know that when Naya Rivera drowned her body sunk and didn't come to the top until 5 days later when the gases naturally made her float to the top.
Yeah it doesn't take long to float up if you are unhindered by currents or weights, but this little girl wasn't missing very long for her to have been in there that long anyway. Statistically 73% of kids are killed within 3 hours of abduction as scary and God awful as it is. I really hope they get something on a video feed somewhere. They said check your tapes from the last 24,36 hours ago. Children are innocent, it's heartbreaking. They need to find this monster.

BF

I tell her I say, where the house? We go out to the exit, where the house just so she can know… where’s the house. How to get back to the house in case anything happen.

Anything repeated should be noted as important/sensitive to the person speaking. Here in this paragraph alone he mentions the house 4 times. This is very sensitive to him, the question is, why. It may or may not have anything to do with Maliyahs death, it could be something else, but it is very sensitive to him.

Last edited:
In that particular case other news outlets covered Q's statements. The 3 boys eventually admitted guilt. When he got involved in Maleah Davis' case I did some digging and found other rather distasteful comments he'd made in the past. He later apologized and from what I can see he's cleaned up his act.
Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town
3 boys admit guilt in Cleveland gang rape of 11-year-old
Quanell X seeks to make amends for remarks about Jews
'Never heard from him again': Quanell X accused of taking money then 'disappearing' in lawsuit
I do believe he sincerely wants to help the black community and I believe he no longer asks for money in exchange for his help. But make no mistake, he has done things in the past that are questionable. I hope that he has now found a way to help his community in more positive ways.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and so I take it seriously that he has chosen not to advocate for Maliyah's mother and boyfriend.

Quanell X said he has chosen not to represent the family but he will continue searching for the truth.

"I'm uncomfortable with the things I've been told. I'm uncomfortable with the things I've seen in the apartment complex," he said.
Family of missing 2-year-old meets with Quanell X, seeks answers
I think it's safe to say to most of us, if not all of us, have done and said things that we now regret and won't do or say again. The way he dealt with the case of that poor 11-year-old gitl was very unfortunate and I feel absolutely terrible for the victim, but I don't think that's super relevant to what he is doing with Maliyah's case right now. It seems like his heart was in the right place with Maleah, and it seems like that's still the case with Maliyah.

In that particular case other news outlets covered Q's statements. The 3 boys eventually admitted guilt. When he got involved in Maleah Davis' case I did some digging and found other rather distasteful comments he'd made in the past. He later apologized and from what I can see he's cleaned up his act.
Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town
3 boys admit guilt in Cleveland gang rape of 11-year-old
Quanell X seeks to make amends for remarks about Jews
'Never heard from him again': Quanell X accused of taking money then 'disappearing' in lawsuit
I do believe he sincerely wants to help the black community and I believe he no longer asks for money in exchange for his help. But make no mistake, he has done things in the past that are questionable. I hope that he has now found a way to help his community in more positive ways.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and so I take it seriously that he has chosen not to advocate for Maliyah's mother and boyfriend.

Quanell X said he has chosen not to represent the family but he will continue searching for the truth.

"I'm uncomfortable with the things I've been told. I'm uncomfortable with the things I've seen in the apartment complex," he said.
Family of missing 2-year-old meets with Quanell X, seeks answers

Thank you for that additional info about him, that does help a great deal.

I am not sure that many two year olds are runaways.
True but I am just saying it's circumstantial, and it's basically kids they think are abducted. It should be every child and I know that's been a huge point of contention about the system for a long time. But currently if it's an Amber alert it's safe to assume abduction. Tho I will be very happy when it is all children, Because some sickos look for vulnerable victims such as runaways so they should be included in the alert system.

MSM has the BF's age as 21 and he says he "felt like a father to the missing girl."

All Moo below:
I think one should be very cautious about bringing in your partner into your child's life, male or female. At 4 months how much of a connection could he have made with her. Hence the "acting", guilty or not.

If they are responsible directly for her apparent death then I sure think his mother knows and helped them I just get that vibe.

What confuses me about these cases is the biological parent who the child is living with. Did they not love their child prior? The child seems well taken care of, how does someone then come into your life and you permit them to hurt your child and maybe even kill them and you cover up for them. Even if they are guilty shouldn't her sadness and grief still be legit?

Some countries provide funds so that the single mother does not have to rely on support from men or do not have to rely on non working men to babysit their childre, while they work.
You mean like welfare for single moms? We have that in America too, believe it or not. But sometimes women want that money and still let their boyfriends move in.

MSM has the BF's age as 21 and he says he "felt like a father to the missing girl."

All Moo below:
I think one should be very cautious about bringing in your partner into your child's life, male or female. At 4 months how much of a connection could he have made with her. Hence the "acting", guilty or not.

If they are responsible directly for her apparent death then I sure think his mother knows and helped them I just get that vibe.

What confuses me about these cases is the biological parent who the child is living with. Did they not love their child prior? The child seems well taken care of, how does someone then come into your life and you permit them to hurt your child and maybe even kill them and you cover up for them. Even if they are guilty shouldn't her sadness and grief still be legit?
I agree. And I think that goes for everyone that comes near a child, including friends that come over to the home of the child and people who end up babysitting. I don't know if they've been dating for 4 months or if they were dating for a longer time and he just moved in 4 months ago. And I also question how much of a connection could've been made over the course of 4 months with a 2-year-old. If he was nice to her and made a point to interact with her, I guess the baby would have grown a bit attached to him maybe, but that also depends on her personality. Some kids are just reserved and take some time to get comfortable with new people. I find it strange that he started being so involved with her so quickly though, teaching her the ABC's and stuff. There's no harm in doing that, I just don't see someone, male or female, immediately jumping into that role. That narrative doesn't really match his language, the way he acts and carries himself from the videos I've seen, but maybe I'm just being judgmental.

Bf

I teach her ABC's 123's etc. This is unnecessary information (along with telling us he teachers her where she lives, how to get home) given context. He found out shes missing/dead but has the need to inform us how a good family man he is, it is usually the contrary. This smacks of neglect. Good parents dont have the need to say they're good parents, especially in the context of this event. It doesn't mean hes involved but neglect is high up on the list. Moo

Bf

I teach her ABC's 123's etc. This is unnecessary information (along with telling us he teachers her where she lives, how to get home) given context. He found out shes missing/dead but has the need to inform us how a good family man he is, it is usually the contrary. This smacks of neglect. Good parents dont have the need to say they're good parents, especially in the context of this event. It doesn't mean hes involved but neglect is high up on the list. Moo
I get the vibe that he came up with that "I teached her how to get home" to justify leaving her alone. It doesn't even make sense to mention that. The way he talked made it seem like he was trying to cover his tracks and let everyone know how good he was with her.
I wouldn't have found it strange if he said "Maliyah was such a sweet and smart little girl, she just learned her ABC's and her 1,2,3's" as opposed to "I teached her ABC's and her 1,2,3's". He was truly talking about him, not about her. "Look at me, I'm a great person! This is not my daughter and I did all of these things for her! And I didn't have to! See? I'm a good guy."

I don’t recall where, but it was said the bf and mom had only been dating 4 mos. so I’m pretty certain he’s just trying to make himself look better. In one of the news videos, it could be the same one you referenced, he bolsters himself by saying he stepped up as the father and how he didn’t have to do that. I know a lot of good men who did exactly what he claims to have done, but I’ve never heard any of them voluntarily speak about it as a way of building themselves up. Bringing that up, especially at a time like this, tells me all I need to know about that goof!!
Yah right, in 4 months he was able to teach a 2 year old the alphabet and her numbers, and her way home in a 4 building complex? I doubt that really happened. Maybe he sometimes sang the alphabet song with her and counted with her, but he didn't fully teach her any of that, imo.

I agree. He's trying to get to the truth. I don't care what he does or says to get the info. This baby deserves justice.
Yes, this is pretty blunt talk from Q:

"They admit they realize this is a very very high crime area. It doesn't make sense that if you know this is a high crime area, why would you bring your baby to a playground, go back in the house and shut the door behind you. That makes no sense. That is negligence as a parent," activist Quanell X said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998