NY NY - Craig Frear, 17, Scotia, 27 June 2004

Sorry if this is repeated information . I just ran across a podcast I think originally done in 2016 from unfounded . Craig Frear’s mom has given some information that I never knew I live 2 miles away . For example .. it was the private detective hired by her that ..after .. 1 year had gone by .. he found the two middle schoolers who said they saw Craig that day . She never mentioned the supposed shhhhh. To me this opens up a lot of possibilities of what really happen.
1st — did he leave the apartment complex
2nd - if he did then the direction they searched was based on Craig’s conversation with his mom that day and then the supposed recollection a year later from the two children . Since she’s not exactly sure what stressors he was dealing with . Was he just avoiding them? was he hiding a terrible or worrisome secret ?
3rd - I know there has been a lot of rumors spreading that he left without his wallet a sure indication he was running away or possible ending his life . His mom said after his disappearance his wallet was found by a friend of his in his car . Apparently the friend was scared and hid Craig’s wallet with his license behind his dresser .
There is an enormous amount of speculation (just like in any case). What so frustrating is all the unanswered information from key witnesses . I have read that the ex or current girlfriend he visited at the apartment complex that day absolutely refuses to cooperate . ( I hope this repeated detail is wrong ) Is that because there is something to hide or possibly her family and herself are just in self preservation mode . I wish that these open ended information from his friends and ex girlfriends would just be all hashed out .

Sorry if this is repeated information . I just ran across a podcast I think originally done in 2016 from unfounded . Craig Frear’s mom has given some information that I never knew I live 2 miles away . For example .. it was the private detective hired by her that ..after .. 1 year had gone by .. he found the two middle schoolers who said they saw Craig that day . She never mentioned the supposed shhhhh. To me this opens up a lot of possibilities of what really happen.
2nd - if he did then the direction they searched was based on Craig’s conversation with his mom that day and then the supposed recollection a year later from the two children . Since she’s not exactly sure what stressors he was dealing with . Was he just avoiding them? was he hiding a terrible or worrisome secret ?
3rd - I know there has been a lot of rumors spreading that he left without his wallet a sure indication he was running away or possible ending his life . His mom said after his disappearance his wallet was found by a friend of his in his car . Apparently the friend was scared and hid Craig’s wallet with his license behind his dresser .
There is an enormous amount of speculation (just like in any case). What so frustrating is all the unanswered information from key witnesses . I have read that the ex or current girlfriend he visited at the apartment complex that day absolutely refuses to cooperate . ( I hope this repeated detail is wrong ) Is that because there is something to hide or possibly her family and herself are just in self preservation mode . I wish that these open ended information from his friends and ex girlfriends would just be all hashed out .
The part of the interview with the kids who saw him leave that was false was just the whole shhhhh lips thing, not that they saw him leave or anything just that. People made a big deal out of that whole thing so it's good that they admitted they made it up.

And, sorry I cut my self off, yes it is true the exgirlfriend did after a little bit stop cooperating with the police and talking to his family. It's hard to say if it's because of guilt or if she wanted to go on with her life because Craig's mom, and no I absolutely don't blame her I would be the same way, but she's pretty much stuck in that day...even now. His room is the same it's cost her marriage and all that. So it'd possible she just felt like she's told them all she can.

Do I believe that? Nope. I have heard other things about her and I don't think he left her apartment alive. But I can't prove it obviously. Tho I would really love the police to lumimol that apartment which I doubt has ever been done. How many 17 year old boys leave their cars? And it's a while ago. Mom called Dad and sent him to the parking lot of the apartment...after she got off the phone with Craig so if he left right after the call his dad could not have been outside waiting yet. Craig would have had time to hop in the car and drive away.

The parents waited to report him missing and because of that I think it gave whoever the one opportunity to get him out of the house without anyone knowing. They waited til the next day, so yeah that gives the opportunity to take him far away from that apartment before theirs cops and all that. I hope some day his body turns up. His mom needs to bury her son, properly. She needs to know where he is, even if not how she should have him.

There is one other theory I have heard recently actually about Craig's disappearance. And it's not impossible. I have went thru logs and I can't place this person anywhere the week craig disappeared so I can't say no, but I dk. He did like trails and woods like the paths back there. And that is my favorite serial killer Israel Keyes. Who I am certain killed suzanne lyall before he left for the army out of Albany NY. Suzanne I am pretty sure he killed and we won't find her sadly but it has been suggested he may be responsible for Craig too. I don't think so but like I said going thru all the fbi stuff and the timelines that have been created I can't say where he was in last week of June that year. I am still leaning towards the ex. The rumor I heard was she was a little older which she was cuz she was able to rent her own apartment and pay for it, but that she had a violent very jealous EX boyfriend....see where this is going. This is something whispered around here. I live close by as well. I have been following this case since the start of it.

The private investigator pretty much gave up he said foul play mist likely, just like everyone else, and told mom she's good with the state police because the case had finally been transferred. Craziness. Someone knows something. Someone always knows something, even if they don't realize. Like what if Craig fought back..which I think is a safe bet....well next day someone might have am injury or bruises that they are being evasive about. That's useful information, just that those people don't know how useful it is. I want him at home too, it's a really sad case.

Without further information, I think it is presumptious to think he was using drugs. Teenagers sometimes go through things on the path to adulthood; I myself had a really hard time from 18-24, and I was not using one lick of drugs. We do not know why he was fired, why he and his girlfriend broke up--there are just too many what ifs. For all we know, this is also the work of the smiley face killer...there are other boys to go missing in that area, as well as VT and NH, which are not too far away, or maybe his friend knows more than he is saying?

Does anyone know why he traveled to San Diego so frequently? Did he have family there? I wonder if he had a long distance relationship there? I am curious about the check cashing...was it a checkbook of his or a family member? Did they have anything on video?

There is an Alan Frear in Mission Hills, CA, which is about 1 1/2 hrs north of SD, and an A. Frear in Imperial, CA which is a suburb of SD.
He didn't travel to san Diego frequently. There was supposed to be a sighting there and his parents actually went there hoping it was him but it wasnt. He has no ties, never been there that had ever been confirmed. Interesting tho. I never heard that one before.

I like the Charley Project very much, however it is unfortunate that they occasionally leaves out details of a case. For example in the case of mr. Frear, it is not mentioned that just before he walked into the wooded area, he turned around facing the two witnesses who would later desribe their observation of him, and held up a finger in front of his mouth, forming a playful "hush", before he then disappeared into the wood.

I think this detail is a bit peculiar. It of course does not need to have been anything strange behind it at all, but I nevertheless do wonder if it somehow could have been of relevance to his disappearance. In any case it do deserve to be mentioned.
Hi, ok so it's been disproven or whatever a while ago that that shhhh thing ever happened, that was told by two small children who saw him that. Day. They have since then admitted they made up the shhh with his lips and finger gesture. I see people making a big deal about it and it's not true. They were little kids. Craig it is believed met with foul play. If it was suicide he def would have turned up by now and they haven't gotten anything ever. No shoe no necklace no nothing like he was sucked up into space. I hope they find him someday I really do. But yeah no shhhhhhh didn't happen.

In the Newschannel 13 Craig Frear epsiodes (2 and 3) Jerry Gretzinger mentioned the children who saw Craig on the railway tracks. The reporter did not dispute the story. I have read, on at least one other website, that the the children supposedly admitted they made up the encounter. At this point I am not sure what to believe.

So I was just brought back up to speed on this case as I have heard all kinds of rumors and wanted to know what is true. The latest crazy one was that his “gf” was actually a teacher at his school who was fired half way through the year for inappropriate relations with a student. And that her husband was a member of NYS troopers who found out and made him disappear. The state trooper connection is why it has been “buried”. Cannot give any proof but that is the latest “on the street”

Police release new information on teen missing since 2004

On Sunday state police released new details they hope will help them solve the high school soccer player’s disappearance.

They said a co-worker believes he saw Frear in the passenger seat of a vehicle heading north on Route 50 in Glenville, north of Scotia, between Frear's disappearance and July 2, when he was reported missing. It’s not known when investigators received the information, and police are working to verify the sighting.

...snipped by me

Just before his disappearance, Frear had gotten off the phone with his mother, who had asked him to come home after finding out he hadn't shown up to his job at a supermarket for a few weeks, the Albany Times-Union reported. His Social Security number has never been used, according to police.

I'm new to this website, and this group. I read about the Craig Frear story when the NYSP posted a story in June of 2021. I watched/listened to the Unfound episode where they interviewed his Mom. She said that Craig was overheard at the party saying on the phone, 'I can't believe you're doing this to me, now'. That he was agitated. ... What could that mean?

I'm new to this website, and this group. I read about the Craig Frear story when the NYSP posted a story in June of 2021. I watched/listened to the Unfound episode where they interviewed his Mom. She said that Craig was overheard at the party saying on the phone, 'I can't believe you're doing this to me, now'. That he was agitated. ... What could that mean?

Let's analyze it. (please feel free to disagree w/ this analysis, or partake in it)

Someone is threatening to do something to him, if he doesn't 'comply' with a demand.
This 'Someone' is likely older then him.
Regardless of gender, the threat might be to end a relationship with him. Was it an inappropriate relationship, maybe he/she was married, but the threat would be what, that if he didn't keep quiet he/she would break up with him? or, if he didn't keep quiet about the relationship he/she would reveal something from his past that he had done? or something they did together?

Wicked Deeds Podcast just released an episode about Craig's disappearance

Today, we’ll be discussing the peculiar details surrounding the case of a high school junior gone missing. As we work through the particulars, we’ll have to discern whether someone with seemingly everything going for them, chose to run away, or if something more wicked may have taken place.

The Center For Hope is raising awareness for missing children with 100-mile bike ride

People like Matthew Frear are taking part. His 17-year-old brother Craig went missing in 2004 in Scotia. Matthew now helps organize and lead the bike ride for missing children in honor of Craig and so many others like him.

“It can be a very lonely place to be as a family member having your child or family member missing and it’s not something that you necessarily advertise or want to reach out and talk about, but this ride gives families the opportunity to come to a safe place where people are going to understand and listen and just be supportive," Frear said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back