Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
If you asked for ID going into the bar, it would only be marginally effective. How do you find people without US identification?

We had issues with a bar in my city, where there was frequently fights in the street after last call, or fights in the venue.

What the bars in that area did was scan people's drivers license or legal photo ID card as they entered the bar. No license/legal photo ID, no entry.

This helped police to identify the trouble makers later on. (It also enabled the venues to refuse entry to blacklisted people.)

PM - ID scanning at pubs and clubs raises privacy concerns 15/04/2010

Last edited:
I'm back! ;) It happened so fast, I barely had a chance to look around. I had no wait time, and was the only one getting a test. This is done in a little outbuilding behind the local hospital. It has a tiny negative pressure room with a chair and some kind of ventilation machine that takes air out of the room and brings in fresh air from outside.

There were two staff, both in full PPE .. one took my health card with a disinfectant cloth, cleaned it, swiped it, and gave it back. Book work done. The nurse showed me the swab, which is like a mini bottle brush, about a third of the size of a Q-Tip. She swiped it in the back of my nose, which felt like something between a tickle and an ouchie.

Then I was handed a pkg with instructions for finding my results, which are expected tomorrow. I forgot to ask where my sample would be sent. We live on an island, a couple of hours from the outskirts of nowhere.

So, I was expecting it to feel like someone was sucking out my brains. But it wasn't nearly as unpleasant. All just part of the Covid experience.

it is amazing you can get the results in 24 hours!

Canadians could go to the polls over a weekend if election held amid COVID-19

Interesting article with some proposed changes to the Elections Act if it becomes necessary to hold an election during the pandemic.

A two-day weekend election could make it easier to social distance, plus a weekend election could make it easier to hire more workers. Other ideas include increased capacity for mail in ballots, provide single use pencils or bring your own pencil, virtual training for elections workers, changes to how voting is conducted at LTC homes and at universities, etc.

Why don’t musicians and celebrities don’t have to quarantine for the VMA’s this weekend? Same rule doesn’t apply to your average Joe.

USA
TOTAL CASES
CDC | Updated: Aug 27 2020 12:16PM
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
USA
Cases in Last 7 Days

Not sure what today’s numbers mean but it’s probably not good. Five percent of our (US) total cases were reported in the last seven days.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases

USA
TOTAL CASES
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
USA
Cases in Last 7 Days

Not sure what today’s numbers mean but it’s probably not good. Five percent of our (US) total cases were reported in the last seven days.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases
We know these numbers aren’t accurate. Could be higher could be lower. But inconsistencies are everywhere in regards to the results. I can’t think of another illness that’s had this many inconsistencies.
What we need to see is how many tests have been taken vs how many tests that have results that are wrong vs “false positives” etc.

I live in London, Ontario (population 400,000) where over 54,000 university and community college students show up each September. There has been an annual "street party" the past few years for the university students that has attracted over 20,000 people. The college parties are a problem also. Our police can't even begin to control these crowds.

Our covid confirmed cases is less than 800, and has dropped to a few cases a week. We have willingly endured isolation, social distancing and masks for five months to keep this virus under control in our community. I really don't have faith that the students will abide with the province's covid regulations.

I'll let you know how my city's covid stats change. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

With respect, I do not believe that. No doctor asks relatives what to put on a death certificate.
They do not get any more money if the person died of Covid, they get more money for patients who are ventilated, no matter the cause of needed to be ventilated. That is a social media rumour.
Have you a link for your info that hospitals get more money for ventilated patients? Otherwise, we can't take that as a fact.

You asked if there is evidence that bars aren’t cooperating. AZ isn’t a unicorn. :) Bars are generally problematic (as the links show) in very independent places like the U.S., even if not in Wales.

I explained there had been some bar closures in UK in my post but the OP was discussing APHD procedure and whether it would cause problems. I do realise everywhere is different but it is vital to have patrons details otherwise contact tracing is ineffective. A state or nation cannot rely on whistleblowers for their contact tracing IMO. Bars don't have to be problematic if they take their patron details. If they don't, then they lose their licence. UK and Oz are proving that it can work IMO and we are very much pub going nations.

Here's another link as it would not load for Europe.

City of Sturgis releases community COVID-19 testing results following rally - KNBN NewsCenter1

"Despite having 1,300 tests available, only 650 individuals chose to take part in the free testing event. All individuals requesting a test were asymptomatic at the time of testing.

The Department of Health reports asymptomatic positives statewide fall in the range of 3% to 7% on average, and the Sturgis community average of 4% falls within this range."

Well that clears that up then. Unless the positives didn't want to get a free test.

One of the reasons it was average was that attendees spent more time riding around this year than in Sturgis itself, according to the link.

We know these numbers aren’t accurate. Could be higher could be lower. But inconsistencies are everywhere in regards to the results. I can’t think of another illness that’s had this many inconsistencies.
What we need to see is how many tests have been taken vs how many tests that have results that are wrong vs “false positives” etc.

This is sad on so many levels. It's a great grief to know that so many people have died, and a great many more will live with health issues and financial strain.

It's sad that during this pandemic, the American people aren't able to trust their medical system. Some people will brush off these deaths as clerical fraud.

It's sad that the pandemic in the US has exposed deep political divisions that undermine a national effort to eradicate the virus.

It's sad that 178,000 deaths are not enough to unite the people to action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew