Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also odd that her friends/family "think" she might have planned to go shopping. Not to mention, 8:30 am on a Tuesday is an unusual time to go shopping for groceries.

Maybe. But pandemic has changed my shopping habits. And being pregnant and living during a pandemic might also factor in. Our local grocery stores let older people, pregnant people, and those with preexisting conditions have the morning shopping hour before 10. I always feel safe because everyone wears a mask then. It's also cleaner than it would be after a day of people going in and out. Just a thought.

I wonder, did her phone ping somewhere and then just stopped. Not familiar with the area, but could she have driven into water? We really need just a little more info about her. I wonder if she worked. She has an "unusual" FB page....MOO.

She was supposed to have her first ultrasound. So the pregnancy was not too far along.

Pierce Co deputies searching for Pregnant Parkland woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances

Loved ones say it was the ultimate red flag when Kassanndra Cantrell failed to show up to her first ultrasound this week, something she’d so been looking forward, something they say she wouldn’t willingly miss.

“This is not normal, she wouldn’t just vanish…I just need her back.” It’s been an agonizing three days since Marie Smith last saw her daughter, 33-year-old Kassanndra Cantrell. It was early Tuesday morning; Smith was heading out to work.” She just said have a good day at work, and we said I love you, and that was the last time.

About an hour later, at 8:45 am a security camera caught her driving away in her 2014 white Mazda sedan from her and mother’s Parkland home. The only plans her mom knew she had that day was at some point to go to the grocery store. “I don't think that's where she was going when she left. Everything seemed to indicate she was going to see somebody because if she was going to the grocery store she would’ve just put her hair in a ponytail and put on some jeans and headed out, but it was clear she’d taken a shower and gotten dressed. She had taken some extra time, she doesn’t do that just to go grocery shopping.”

She was supposed to have her first ultrasound. So the pregnancy was not too far along.

Pierce Co deputies searching for Pregnant Parkland woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances

Loved ones say it was the ultimate red flag when Kassanndra Cantrell failed to show up to her first ultrasound this week, something she’d so been looking forward, something they say she wouldn’t willingly miss.

“This is not normal, she wouldn’t just vanish…I just need her back.” It’s been an agonizing three days since Marie Smith last saw her daughter, 33-year-old Kassanndra Cantrell. It was early Tuesday morning; Smith was heading out to work.” She just said have a good day at work, and we said I love you, and that was the last time.

About an hour later, at 8:45 am a security camera caught her driving away in her 2014 white Mazda sedan from her and mother’s Parkland home. The only plans her mom knew she had that day was at some point to go to the grocery store. “I don't think that's where she was going when she left. Everything seemed to indicate she was going to see somebody because if she was going to the grocery store she would’ve just put her hair in a ponytail and put on some jeans and headed out, but it was clear she’d taken a shower and gotten dressed. She had taken some extra time, she doesn’t do that just to go grocery shopping.”

Whoever she was going to see/meet, will have their contact information in her cell records.
Which begs the question, did she ever make it there? Does that person have an account of where they were that morning?

jmo

OK- pure speculation follows.

Scheduled for first ultrasound is something to be avoided if you're not really pregnant. Very drop-out-of-sightable.
I was actually considering that maybe she lost the baby and didn't want to go through with the ultrasound either. However, these days, and in my daughter's case as she was in her later 30's with her first pregnancy, the presence of an embryo is there from very early on. And the loss of one that early, also may require D&C procedure. MOO

Last edited:
Whoever she was going to see/meet, will have their contact information in her cell records.
Which begs the question, did she ever make it there? Does that person have an account of where they were that morning?

jmo
Her twin brother commented on this. He seems to think that there was no previous contact with anyone, so any meeting would have to have been set up and also with someone she knows. How he knows for sure is anyone's guess.

I wonder, did her phone ping somewhere and then just stopped. Not familiar with the area, but could she have driven into water? We really need just a little more info about her. I wonder if she worked. She has an "unusual" FB page....MOO.

There is a ferry dock "in" Point Defiance Park. It's for the Tahlequah which runs several times a day between Tacoma and Vashon Island. It's in pretty heavy use, so I would think a car in the water there would be noticed.

ETA: Looked at some of her pictures on FB. I see a picture she took standing in front of the theaters at Point Ruston, taken a couple years ago, which is directly next to the Point Defiance Park boundaries on the east side. So she is very likely familiar with the area.

Also, no shade, but her FB looks a lot like other young people in this area who are involved in theater, cosplay, fan gatherings, etc.

Last edited:
Missing person Kassanndra Cantrell's white Mazda 3 sedan was located overnight by Tacoma Police officers.

Thank you for sharing this update, although I have to admit it always feels rather ominous when a missing person's vehicle is found without its owner.

I'm not familiar with this area, but pulled the street up on google maps. Street view does make it seem like it's common for vehicles to be parked along the road, although I would guess maybe there's less than usual since events at the Dome have been postponed due to COVID-19? MOO. Hopefully video from the local businesses can shed some light on this one, or at least provide further clues for follow up.

*Edit - Correction from LE on Twitter - "vehicle was found in the 300 block of 25th St. E. in the City of Tacoma." NOT 26th St. E. by the Tacoma Dome as originally reported.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this update, although I have to admit it always feels rather ominous when a missing person's vehicle is found without its owner.

I'm not familiar with this area, but pulled the street up on google maps. Street view does make it seem like it's common for vehicles to be parked along the road, although I would guess maybe there's less than usual since events at the Dome have been postponed due to COVID-19? MOO. Hopefully video from the local businesses can shed some light on this one, or at least provide further clues for follow up.

*Edit - Correction from LE on Twitter - "vehicle was found in the 300 block of 25th St. E. in the City of Tacoma." NOT 26th St. E. by the Tacoma Dome as originally reported.

Hope there are a bunch of cameras there

Map

Google Maps

Vehicle found ...uh oh

That's still very close to the Tacoma Dome, but it's closer to the transit center than originally reported. Either she left on her own via bus (doubt it) or someone put the car there because they knew it would be towed in no time.

Hello and welcome to WS, Alexandra!

It seems you are a friend of Kassanndra’s? If so, I’m so sorry you are going through this. I cannot imagine.

Per the terms of service any information provided/discussed must be supported with law enforcement or mainstream media as a source.

If you are a friend, and have “inside” information to share, please consider becoming a verified insider, where you can share information without the need to support your posts with outside sources.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for Kassanndra.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members