Found Deceased TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:
At this time there are no persons-of-interest named by LE in any mainstream media (MSM) publication, so sleuthing anyone surrounding this case may not be brought here to the thread. As this tragic case develops that may change, but as of now we may not discuss the background of any of the people who were in this child’s life. There is however the Private Message feature of this forum where these kind of discussions may occur. You are free to utilize that.

THANK YOU for your continuing efforts to post as respectful and responsible members of Websleuths.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

MOD NOTE:
At this time there are no persons-of-interest named by LE in any mainstream media (MSM) publication, so sleuthing anyone surrounding this case may not be brought here to the thread. As this tragic case develops that may change, but as of now we may not discuss the background of any of the people who were in this child’s life. There is however the Private Message feature of this forum where these kind of discussions may occur. You are free to utilize that.

THANK YOU for your continuing efforts to post as respectful and responsible members of Websleuths.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
Thank you Coco Chanel

8/31

"According to KHOU and KTRK, family members and the Harris County medical examiner identified a body discovered Aug. 23 in Brays Bayou as 2-year-old Maliyah Bass, whose mother said the toddler disappeared from a Sunset Crossing apartment complex courtyard after being left alone briefly Aug. 22.

Authorities are still working to determine the girl’s cause of death and have said that they suspect foul play, the news outlets reported."

Maliyah Bass search: Body found in Texas bayou identified as missing Houston toddler

Last edited:
HOUSTON - Father speaks out after 2-year-old’s body found in Brays Bayou
Houston police are continuing to look for answers in the death of 2-year-old Maliyah Bass after the medical examiner confirmed Sunday that remains found in Brays Bayou were hers.

Police say they do suspect foul play in the death of the toddler from Alief, but so far no suspects have been identified.

The victim’s father is speaking out for the first time in an exclusive interview with FOX 26.

“All I could do while I was at work was just break down and cry because it hurt me so hard,” said Octavious Bass, recalling the moment he learned his daughter was missing while in the care of the child’s mother and her new boyfriend.

“Who in their right state of mind would do something to a 2-year-old?” asked Bass, who lives in Dallas. “She doesn’t harm nobody. She’s loving. Everybody loves her.”

Maliyah’s mother does not want to speak with reporters at this time. according to the victim’s grandmother Rosalie Jimerson, who spoke for her daughter. Jimerson says Maliyah was in the apartment complex courtyard with her mom when mom stepped away for a few minutes. Jimerson says when mom returned, Maliyah was gone.

As for Maliyah’s dad, he says he’s unable to get ahold of his daughter’s mother.

(video)
Father of 2-year-old girl found dead in Brays Bayou speaks

Last edited:
Houston police are continuing to look for answers in the death of 2-year-old Maliyah Bass after the medical examiner confirmed Sunday that remains found in Brays Bayou were hers.

Police say they do suspect foul play in the death of the toddler from Alief, but so far no suspects have been identified.

The victim’s father is speaking out for the first time in an exclusive interview with FOX 26.

“All I could do while I was at work was just break down and cry because it hurt me so hard,” said Octavious Bass, recalling the moment he learned his daughter was missing while in the care of the child’s mother and her new boyfriend.

“Who in their right state of mind would do something to a 2-year-old?” asked Bass, who lives in Dallas. “She doesn’t harm nobody. She’s loving. Everybody loves her.”

Maliyah’s mother does not want to speak with reporters at this time. according to the victim’s grandmother Rosalie Jimerson, who spoke for her daughter. Jimerson says Maliyah was in the apartment complex courtyard with her mom when mom stepped away for a few minutes. Jimerson says when mom returned, Maliyah was gone.

As for Maliyah’s dad, he says he’s unable to get ahold of his daughter’s mother.

(video)

Sounds like someone is lawyering up.

(video)
She can’t talk to the Maliyah’s father?! :(

I just wish when he made that statement a reporter would have asked him what he meant, and to explain it all.

I can see if it was a plastic container that held the building blocks it may have been damaged even stepping on it by mistake. Also I can understand if he put them all in a pillow case for her to drag around when playing with them.

BUT what doesn't make sense is the need to even say that. How is that even relevant or neccessary to what happened to MB?

So I have no idea why he thought he needed to bring that out.

I wish someone local would contact one of the reporters at a local news station, and ask them why there hasn't been any updates, and why they haven't tried to find out more information on MBs case. Have they contacted LE directly for the latest updates on the case?

I remember back when Shasta, and Dylan Greone were kidnapped on May 15th, in 2005, iirc.
It was covered extensively by the media for two weeks straight, but when Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba on May 30th, the children's case went dark as if they no longer mattered anymore. :(

I pray this is not a case where the media has moved on like has happened in the past.

Jmho

What if it was a wooden box used to house toys? Kids have been known to suffocate in toy boxes without ventilation holes.

Thank God sweet MB has been identified. Why it took so long still puzzles me.

Hopefully now we will see movement in her case, and arrest or arrests will be announced soon.

It's broken my heart knowing MB lay in the morgue unidenitified for as long as she did.

If she disappeared like they are saying, and found rather quickly then why didn't a family member make positive ID visually? That has happened in so many cases where the body was found soon after being killed even if LE showed them photos of the deceased victim.

Taking this long has to have some significance, imo.

Jmho

Maybe the level of decomp didn't jibe with the timelines provided by the parents as to when she went missing.

From the same video, Maliyah's father says that according to a detective who called him, Maliyah's mother said that she had called Maliyah's father. He said, however, that she did not call him.

This is what he says in the video [at 01:54]: "When she went missing, she didn't try to text me, she didn't try to call me, let me know that she was missing -- or anything. The only person that called was the detective, and the detective told me that she said that she called me, but she didn't call me."

From the same video, Maliyah's father says that according to a detective who called him, Maliyah's mother said that she had called Maliyah's father. He said, however, that she did not call him.

This is what he says in the video [at 01:54]: "When she went missing, she didn't try to text me, she didn't try to call me, let me know that she was missing -- or anything. The only person that called was the detective, and the detective told me that she said that she called me, but she didn't call me."

That article has a few screwy statements. Rosalie Jimerson, is named as mother of Sahara Ervin (Maliyah's mom). She (Rosalie) "says she talks to her daughter often."
Isn't Rosalie the mother of the boyfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288