Found Deceased AL - Natalie Jones, 27, Opelika, 5 July 2020

I wonder if there are junkyards/scrapyards or bigger storage units around the area?

It depends on whether you mean Opelika or over the state border. Junkyards are a big thing down here, but her car is so very noticeable--that color is just so unique. I can't imagine anyone is driving it anywhere without being noticed.

Very worried for Natalie. :(

It depends on whether you mean Opelika or over the state border. Junkyards are a big thing down here, but her car is so very noticeable--that color is just so unique. I can't imagine anyone is driving it anywhere without being noticed.

You’re right! Her car isn’t your average color. Guess only way would be if a person were connected to her case & they owned a junk yard or had a close relationship with someone who did.
But I was thinking more of the area last heard from/phone ping...

It could be but I doubt it’s at a junkyard. Maybe in a lake or woods?

It could be but I doubt it’s at a junkyard. Maybe in a lake or woods?

Or a garage (as some smart sleuther mentioned earlier)--in a garage covered with tarp. Or in a barn or a shed. Lots of sheds and barns and garages in this area. Sheds and barns don't stand out--and LE has to have a search warrant for them.

MOO I don't think it's in the woods because LE could see that pink in a helicopter and I'd be surprised if they hadn't searched for it by helicopter yet.

Have a strong feeling that this car is on private property somewhere (which may be why family made requests earlier that search groups not trespass anymore?).

Or a garage (as some smart sleuther mentioned earlier)--in a garage covered with tarp. Or in a barn or a shed. Lots of sheds and barns and garages in this area. Sheds and barns don't stand out--and LE has to have a search warrant for them.

MOO I don't think it's in the woods because LE could see that pink in a helicopter and I'd be surprised if they hadn't searched for it by helicopter yet.

Have a strong feeling that this car is on private property somewhere (which may be why family made requests earlier that search groups not trespass anymore?).
I could definitely see barns, sheds, lake, covered w tarp. You’d have to assume they’ve checked the exes property by now.

Sounds stupid but possibly repainted to a dark color in order to transport and discarded? Hot pink (and stripes) is about as noticeable as it gets.
A teen down the alley from me bought some cans of spray paint and made his car black.. otherwise I wouldn’t have thought of it.

IMHO I feel that she and her car will likely be found in water :( I hope no matter what the outcome that her family gets some sort of answers soon!

Sounds stupid but possibly repainted to a dark color in order to transport and discarded? Hot pink (and stripes) is about as noticeable as it gets.
A teen down the alley from me bought some cans of spray paint and made his car black.. otherwise I wouldn’t have thought of it.

IMHO I feel that she and her car will likely be found in water :( I hope no matter what the outcome that her family gets some sort of answers soon!

At one point I read the car wasn't professionally painted in that pink color. If true, perhaps it wasn't repainted but the hot pink paint was just removed.

Edit: I found the source of this info. Its on her missing page in the FAQ. "Please be aware the vehicle was spray painted Pink and may be it’s original Red in color."

Last edited:
Among things mentioned by the family is that the paint on her car could be removed by power washing it. That would leave the original red color. For that reason there was a flyer at one time that had photos of the car when it was red and then after it was painted.

Not that I didn’t want her found at the beginning but after watching the videos Natalie shared of herself on Facebook, it just broke my heart and at that point I’ve wanted her to be found even more!

From what I gather, it doesn't seem like she left with anyone from the party, and she was traveling alone. Which leads me to believe that she possibly stopped at her ex-boyfriend's house on the way home. But that's just my opinion. This case is quiet and unsettling.

From what I gather, it doesn't seem like she left with anyone from the party, and she was traveling alone. Which leads me to believe that she possibly stopped at her ex-boyfriend's house on the way home. But that's just my opinion. This case is quiet and unsettling.

That seems to be the consensus on this board as well as among her family. MOO.

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed.

Members are not allowed to sleuth anyone who is not officially named by LE to be a POI or suspect in the case under discussion. (So the ex is off limits unless he becomes specifically named as a POI in this case.)

Also, comments by people on social media are not allowed UNLESS those comments are by an Admin of an approved Missing Person. (An approved MP page is one where family members of the missing person are either an Admin or Moderator). Comments by others are considered rumor and Websleuths does not allow rumor discussion.

All members are responsible for familiarizing themselves with TOS (aka The Rules) that they agreed to when joining Websleuths. Those rules are linked in my signature.

Where is Natalie? Hearing of her mental illnesses really makes me worry. It's easy for folks in that situation to feel like going off their meds is the right thing, self medication, and or just making rash decisions/hanging around the wrong people. I struggle with my teen (similar diagnosis). I hope she gets the helps she needs and is found safe. MOO

Hey everyone,

Just hold off for now, but I'm going to speak with Tricia about possibly making a thread specific exception with regard to discussing what is in MSM about JL even though he has not not been officially named by law enforcement as a POI in this particular case.

Do NOT continue to post about him unless/until Tricia can weigh in on it (may be later on today before I get a chance to speak with her).

Thanks.

From Article:
•It’s been two months since Corinth residence Natalie Jones has gone missing after leaving a July 4 gathering.
•Friends and family have conducted extensive searches but nothing has turned up.
•They have ridden various routes Natalie could have taken from the party to her home in Corinth, sometimes driving around for 8 hours at a time.
•Drones have been used.
•Natalie’s phone pinged close to her house about the time it would have taken her to get there from Lake Martin
•Phone and text records have been obtained but she was communicating with someone using social media and apps.
•LE are attempting to obtain that info.
•$10000 reward for information that leads to finding Natalie

Her 2002 Cavalier, painted hot pink has not been found. It was originally red, has pink stripes on the side, and GA tags RVE6177

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back