Still Missing TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Beres NC5...
A Cort hearing for September 4th to try to have confession thrown out.
From your link:
District Attorney Ray Crouch says more new details will be presented regarding evidence and the prosecution.
To date ... we have heard of no physical evidence — blood or remains — found linked to Joe Clyde.
But, I wonder have TBI agents found something new recently?
My guess is that prosecutors do have more than they are letting on ... because if they don’t then their case is in trouble.
They’ll need more than a recanted confession and possibly a statement from Krystal.
Nick Beres NC5
From an article posted on July 31:
Joe Clyde Daniels would be celebrating his eighth birthday today, his father’s attorney said if investigators hadn’t stopped the search when the father admitted to killing him and dumping his body in a field.

“My client was being treated for mental illness from the time he was about five years old,” Public Defender Jake Lockert told News 2.

Lockert has filed several motions in court, one of them to throw out Joe Daniels’ confession of killing his 5-year-old son, claiming it was a coerced false confession.

“People often wonder why someone would do that, but DNA exoneration cases showed that right about 25 percent of victims that had been convicted had given false confessions,” Lockert explained, “People that have mental illnesses, like my client, are much more susceptible to being pressured into giving false confession.”

Lockert said Daniels was on lithium, rasitol, and 200 milligrams of Trazodone– medicines for depression and bipolar disorder.
Attorney for Baby Joe’s father claims mental illness medication prompted murder confession | WKRN News 2

In the article Lockert talked about the now recanted witness accounts. He accused LE of having tunnel vision and asserted that Joe Clyde would have been found if they had continued investigating and searching instead of focusing only on the parents.

Really? Let's place the blame where it belongs, on the people responsible for caring for Joe Clyde. And what about Krystal? Both parents gave multiple stories over the last two years, as if this is some sort of game.

I get what Lockert is doing but I sure don't like it.

Still waiting for justice for baby Joe. I know they are trying to get every piece of evidence they can so that the charges stand up in court but this is so hard to just keep waiting when so many of us feel like we have invested more in this childs short life than his own parents did. It's just heartbreaking to see cases like this one drag out for years but we will not give up.

I'm going to post this so I can shorten it up a bit.... It has been awhile since I did post this.

Update in red!

Friday, Sept. 4th:
*Motion Hearing (re confession)-POSTPONED! (@ 9am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – only for *Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 29) “father” arrested & charged (4/7/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with 1 count of 1st degree murder, felony murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report & tampering with evidence. $1M bond.
Confessed on 4/6/18. Waived rights to Prelim hearing. Joseph Daniels told officers that he beat his son to death after his son urinated on the floor.
Trial was set to begin on 8/17/20 for both-delayed on 3/10/20, delayed to next year 2021 in September.

Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 2/1/19 reference post #438 here:
Deceased/Not Found - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

2/1/19 Update: Both at hearing. DA Ray Crouch requested a continuance for the trial, which was scheduled to start next month (3/19/19), & the defense attorneys agreed; due to attorneys still waiting for final DNA evidence test results. Jury selection is now scheduled to begin Feb. 3, 2020. A trial date has not yet been made public. The jury will be chosen from outside Dickson County.
2/28/19 Update: Defense again asked for him to be moved from Riverbend Maximum Security prison to a special needs facility. Defense attorney Jake Lockert said his client has lost more than 50 pounds & suffers from a psychological condition that requires special care. Lockert asked once before for Daniels to be moved but the request was also denied.
4/5/19 Update: Friday as Joseph Daniels' attorney begged a judge to move his client from state prison. Judge denies 3rd attempt to be moved. 4/12/19 Update: Trial has been moved to August, 17, 2020. 2/4/20: Appeared in court on 2/4/20.
3/13/20 Update: New video evidence showing someone outside of the child's home the night he disappeared, time stamped 4/4/28 @ 2:39am. Defense attorneys asked for more time to sift through hundreds of security camera video clips taken from the area the night Joe Clyde vanished. And, it doesn't help matters that Krystal Daniels just lost her attorney. The judge grants a motion to again delay the trial until next year (2021) in September.
3/10/20 Update: Judge Wolfe last week postponed the trial date for Joseph & Krystal Daniels, saying lawyers need time to examine an enormous new batch of information that could be presented as evidence regarding the disappearance of the defendants’ autistic son. Dickson County Circuit Judge David Wolfe canceled the August 2020 date after being told prosecutors were in the midst of sharing about seven terabytes of information with defense lawyers in the case, granting Defense motion to delay the trial. The amount of data is so large that the computer transfer was taking weeks, District Attorney General Ray Crouch said at the March 10 hearing. Further, Wolfe let the court-appointed lawyer for Krystal Daniels quit the case over the volume of data. Daugherty has a private law practice in Nashville. Daugherty is a sole practitioner, and poring over seven terabytes of new information in the Daniels case “would likely Judge further granted Lockert's motion to have Joseph brought one day a month from State Dept. of Corrections custody to the Dickson County jail in order to make it easier for Lockert to meet with his client. Wolfe appointed Michael Flanagan to replace Daugherty. Judge Wolfe did not set a new trial date but said sometime in 2021 is likely. He set a status hearing date for Sept.
5/21/20 Update: A new search (with warrant) by TBI began on 5/21/20 at Daniels' home (where grandparents still live). Investigators deployed cadaver sniffing dogs (at least 2) on the scene and were digging in the area. On Friday (5/22/20), more than a dozen cars are back at the home and the newest addition on the property was a mini excavator. It was digging in the backwoods behind house.
7/14/20 Update: Attorney Jake Lockert filed a 30-page motion to have Joseph's confession thrown out. He filed a second motion to have Joseph's bond lowered to $1,500. Lockert argues there is not enough evidence to support Joseph's original confession, which he later recanted. The motion claims Joseph, who is mentally ill, was coerced into confessing and that there is video evidence to prove it. The motion also claims Krystal Daniels, Joseph’s wife, was coached into making statements against him. A judge is expected to rule on the motion in late summer 2020.
8/6/20 Update: The defense team for a Dickson County couple accused of murdering Joe Clyde, claims they have evidence the boy could be alive. The attorneys for Joe Clyde Daniels & Krystal Daniels announced Thursday (8/6/20) they have obtained a key witness in the case for their innocence: a convenience store employee who claims she saw Baby Joe Clyde hours after he was reported missing, when, according to the prosecution's narrative, he was believed to be dead.

8/7/20 Update: Joseph’s attorney Jake Lockert will ask to have his client’s confession thrown out. He will play video of the TBI interrogation he says will prove his client was coerced. He also will claim a TBI agent was untruthful in some of his testimony. District Attorney Ray Crouch says more new details will be presented regarding evidence & the prosecution. A Court hearing for Sept. 4th to try to have confession thrown out.
9/3/20 Update: Court hearing was scheduled for this Friday, 9/4/20 has been postponed because 4 TBI agents set to testify are quarantined right now because of Covid-19. It is now rescheduled for the end of this month. Daniels is charged with Joe Clyde's death and confessed. But, he's since recanted. And, now defense attorney Jake Lockert is going to ask for that confession to be disallowed when the case finally goes to trial next year. Lockert plans to play video at the hearing to make his case that Daniels was coerced into the confession. And, Lockert says he's going to also argue that the TBI was not truthful in some earlier testimony. And, he's going to ask to that Joseph's bond be reduced down from $1 million to something more workable. If that happens, Joseph could get out of jail while awaiting trial. Motion hearing is now set for 9/24/20.

*Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 28) “mom” arrested & charged (4/8/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. $1M bond.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 8/6/18 reference post #438 here:
Deceased/Not Found - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

10/4/19 Update: Bond reduction hearing for Krystal. Three special agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation were called to testify about evidence on the scene. Joe Craig, a TBI assistant special agent in charge, supervised the crime scene investigation of the Daniels home. Craig said authorities are still waiting to hear back about hair evidence, but that the blood of baby Joe nor Krystal Daniels were found at the home - only the blood of Joseph Daniels. Joe Craig, a TBI assistant special agent in charge, Ronnie Faulkner, an agent trained to administer polygraphs and Joey Boyd, the Joe Clyde Daniels case agent. Defense attorney pushed to have the bond of Krystal Daniels lowered to $50,000. Bond reduction-Denied.
2/13/20: Krystal is taking back key details she shared with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations. Details that implicated her husband, Joseph.
3/10/20 Update: Judge Wolfe last week postponed the trial date for Joseph & Krystal Daniels, saying lawyers need time to examine an enormous new batch of information that could be presented as evidence regarding the disappearance of the defendants’ autistic son. Dickson County Circuit Judge David Wolfe canceled the August 2020 date after being told prosecutors were in the midst of sharing about seven terabytes of information with defense lawyers in the case, granting Defense motion to delay the trial. The amount of data is so large that the computer transfer was taking weeks, District Attorney General Ray Crouch said at the March 10 hearing. Further, Wolfe let the court-appointed lawyer for Krystal Daniels quit the case over the volume of data. Daugherty has a private law practice in Nashville. Daugherty is a sole practitioner, and poring over seven terabytes of new information in the Daniels case “would likely Judge further granted Lockert's motion to have Joseph brought one day a month from State Dept. of Corrections custody to the Dickson County jail in order to make it easier for Lockert to meet with his client. Wolfe appointed Michael Flanagan to replace Daugherty. Judge Wolfe did not set a new trial date but said sometime in 2021 is likely. He set a status hearing date for Sept.
5/26/20 Update: According to Dickson County’s jail administrator, Krystal Daniels faces charges for criminal responsibility, accessory after the fact and making false reports to officers. Daniels was already charged with aggravated child abuse.

Anyone reading here - can you access Tennessee Dickson County court site? I can't... was wondering about Krystal's hearing that is supposed to happen sometime in Sept.
TIA!
animated-smileys-greetings-012.gif

Anyone reading here - can you access Tennessee Dickson County court site? I can't... was wondering about Krystal's hearing that is supposed to happen sometime in Sept.
TIA!
animated-smileys-greetings-012.gif
I tried but I couldn't get into the website either I don't really know where to go to get that information maybe someone will be able to figure it out.

Not too sure if Krystal will be at this hearing.... one article I read said she would be there.

Thursday, Sept. 24th:
*Motion Hearing (re confession) for both (@ 9am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – *Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 30) “father” arrested & charged (4/7/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with 1 count of 1st degree murder, felony murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report & tampering with evidence. $1M bond.
Confessed on 4/6/18. Waived rights to Prelim hearing. Joseph Daniels told officers that he beat his son to death after his son urinated on the floor.
Trial was set to begin on 8/17/20 for both-delayed on 3/10/20, delayed to next year 2021.

Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 8/7/20 reference post #626 here:

9/3/20 Update: Court hearing was scheduled for this Friday 9/4/20 has been postponed because 4 TBI agents set to testify are quarantined right now because of Covid-19. It is now rescheduled for the end of this month. Daniels is charged with Joe Clyde's death and confessed. But, he's since recanted. And, now defense attorney Jake Lockert is going to ask for that confession to be disallowed when the case finally goes to trial next year. Lockert plans to play video at the hearing to make his case that Daniels was coerced into the confession. And, Lockert says he's going to also argue that the TBI was not truthful in some earlier testimony. And, he's going to ask to that Joseph's bond be reduced down from $1 million to something more workable. If that happens, Joseph could get out of jail while awaiting trial. Motion hearing is now set for 9/24/20. One article mentioned they both had a hearing.

*Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 29) “mom” arrested & charged (4/8/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. $1M bond.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 3/10/20 reference post #438 here:

5/26/20 Update: According to Dickson County’s jail administrator, Krystal Daniels faces charges for criminal responsibility, accessory after the fact and making false reports to officers. Daniels was already charged with aggravated child abuse. Judge Wolfe did not set a new trial date on 3/10/20, but said sometime in 2021 is likely. He set a status hearing for Sept. (no date mentioned). Article mentioned Krystal has hearing on 9/24/20 also.

Just watching the live hearing going on today, they just broke for lunch I don't know if anyone else is watching but this interview they did with him is giving me anxiety just listening to them talk. I might be wrong but I'm starting to believe his confession was fake now don't get me wrong I do believe they know what happened to Baby Joe. It's just that I don't think it happened the way he originally stated in his confession I am leaning more towards the mother done something to him and father is trying to cover for her. I could be wrong of course this is all just my opinion.

Thank you the update on the hearing @Dylansmom08 -

Do you know "what" motions Krystal has during the hearing? And don't forget to get the next court date! :)

TIA!

P.S. do you know if anyone is tweeting this?

Not many tweeting @Niner They have been playing the video of Joseph saying he didn't know what happened to Joe Clyde and it's hard to understand. Here's a couple of tweets though.

Chris Davis
@ChrisDavisMMJ

·
2h

We’re now to the fourth round of questions in the Joseph Daniels polygraph video. To this point, he still proclaims his innocence. #JoeClydeDaniels

FoxNashville
@FOXNashville

·
13m

Joseph Daniels is going through the night Joe Clyde disappeared in an interview on April 6, 2018: "I may have spanked him” “I yelled at him” “After that… I blacked out”

I don't know why I do this to myself, I've sat here and listened, occasionally watched, while working today. At moment I don't know what to believe, I'm totally exhausted from what I've heard. I had no idea interrogations were this intense or long or suggestive. But my heart breaking for that little guy, all over again. Knowing that somewhere, another little innocent baby is being beaten and abused as I listen to this.

I don't know why I do this to myself, I've sat here and listened, occasionally watched, while working today. At moment I don't know what to believe, I'm totally exhausted from what I've heard. I had no idea interrogations were this intense or long or suggestive. But my heart breaking for that little guy, all over again. Knowing that somewhere, another little innocent baby is being beaten and abused as I listen to this.
I know what you mean at first I thought he really didn't do anything to Baby Joe but by the end of it and watching his behavior change I just don't know what to beleive now. That interrogation was giving me anxiety and I'm not even involved I can imagine what he must have been feeling wow that was way more rough than I thought it would be. I can definitely see now why they get false confessions so often people who already have anxiety and other similar issues would not be able to hold up under that amount of pressuring by anyone.

Chris Davis
@ChrisDavisMMJ

In the final minutes of the interrogation video, Daniels breaks down into tears and nods his head to questions from investigators about spanking and beating Joe Clyde Daniels. He also speculates where his son might be discovered. Of course, he’s never actually been found.

Chris Davis
@ChrisDavisMMJ

·
3h

In the video, Joseph has now revealed that he took Baby Joe outside to be spanked, at least twice, but he still contends he didn’t kill #JoeClydeDaniels

Chris Davis
@ChrisDavisMMJ

·
8m

Replying to
@ChrisDavisMMJ
The prosecution argues this video should seal Daniels’ fate. The defense argues Daniels was unlawfully detained and that a jury should never see this at trial. The judge may make a final ruling on this tomorrow.

Chris Davis
@ChrisDavisMMJ

·
5m

The hearing adjourned for the day just before 6. We’ll start again tomorrow morning at 10:30 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prod3149