NY NY - Steven Dean Kraft, 34, Beacon, 28 Apr 2020

[URL="https://www.recordonline.com/news/20200514/police-looking-for-missing-marlboro-man"]Police looking for missing Marlboro man
[/URL]
Alert Issued For Missing Man Last Seen Dropping Off Daughters At Home
upload_2020-5-15_10-33-57.jpeg

Kraft, a resident of Marlboro in Ulster County, was last seen on Tuesday, April 28 just before 7 p.m. leaving West Church Street in Beacon in a Toyota Camry bearing NY registration HFY8886.

He did not show up at work the next day and his car was found unoccupied on Third Street and Carpenter Avenue in the City of Newburgh on May 1 with several parking tickets.

Anyone with information about Kraft or his vehicle is asked to call Investigator Joseph Merla at the New York State Police Highland barracks at 845-691-2922.

All three locations named are close to each other, but Beacon is across the Hudson River, and there is a toll (it is only $1.50 for autos).

upload_2020-5-15_20-35-10.png
Google Maps

IMO, it looks like Steven traveled across the Hudson River to drop his daughter off at West Church Street, Beacon NY. He then traveled west on Hwy 84, crossing the Hudson River towards the route home, but Steven's vehicle was found just a bit south (a little over a mile) of the route home, right by Downing Park in the City of Newburgh, NY.

Same map, but here is the zoom on Downing Park (the blue line is Steven's route from Hwy 84 to where the vehicle was found parked):

upload_2020-5-15_20-44-31.png

I hope the park has been searched, including the pond. I certainly hope Steven is alive somewhere, but abandoned vehicles are never a good sign for missing people.

Post from the New York State Police on Facebook:

New York State Police (permalink)

"New York State Police
Yesterday at 3:02 PM ·
State Police are looking for the public's assistance in locating Steven Dean Kraft. He was last seen on April 28,2020 at 6:58 p.m. leaving West Church Street in Beacon in a Toyota Camry bearing NY registration HFY8886. His car was located on May 1, 2020 in the city of Newburgh on Carpenter Street unoccupied. Steven Dean Wright is 34 years old, white male approximately 5 feet 9 inches weighing approximately 200-215 pounds. Anyone with information about Steven or his vehicle is asked to please call Investigator Joseph Merla at the New York State Police Highland barracks at 845-691-2922

"

Now in NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

New York State Police

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Still missing. What happened after dropping his children off?

Circumstances of Disappearance
On Tuesday, 4/28/20 at approx. 6:58 PM the subject arrived at West Church St in the City of Beacon in vehicle NY Reg HFY8886 for a custody exchange. Subject failed to show up to work on the next day of 4/29/20. On Friday 5/1/20, subject's vehicle was located on 3rd and Carpenter Ave in the City of Newburgh unoccupied with several parking tickets on it.

New York State Police

Still missing. What happened after dropping his children off?

Circumstances of Disappearance
On Tuesday, 4/28/20 at approx. 6:58 PM the subject arrived at West Church St in the City of Beacon in vehicle NY Reg HFY8886 for a custody exchange. Subject failed to show up to work on the next day of 4/29/20. On Friday 5/1/20, subject's vehicle was located on 3rd and Carpenter Ave in the City of Newburgh unoccupied with several parking tickets on it.

Newburgh...I wonder if he left his 21 year old car where it was found, or if someone else did. Newburgh can be a rough place, but my sense is that whatever happened to this guy, he did himself-no evidence at all in my thought process; just my own opinion. I wish we knew more of the story.

Original
Original
Original

Original
Original

NamUs #MP69369
Steven Dean Kraft
Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact April 28, 2020
Missing From Beacon, New York
Missing Age 34 Years
Height 5' 9" - 5' 11" (69 - 71 Inches)
Weight 200 - 215 lbs
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Short, light brown
Facial Hair Description Beard- Brown/Reddish
Left Eye Color Green
Right Eye Color Green
Clothing - Possible white shirt, long sleeve rolled up to elbows.

Circumstances of Disappearance - On Tuesday, 4/28/20 at approx. 6:58 PM the subject arrived at West Church St in the City of Beacon in vehicle NY Reg HFY8886 for a custody exchange. Subject failed to show up to work on the next day of 4/29/20. On Friday 5/1/20, subject's vehicle was located on 3rd and Carpenter Ave in the City of Newburgh unoccupied with several parking tickets on it.

In looking for a follow up on this man, another Steven Kraft missing since 2001 looks a lot like him. I know it’s not, but it sure is ironic even down to the green eyes. Hope he is located and okay. His children must really miss him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back