Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it may have been spent. I want them to explain where it went if it has been. TN said that he was going to keep meticulous records of where it was going. Let's hear it.

Many, many, threads ago, I recall somebody posted rules for GET and I recall something about the rule requiring the beneficiary to take at least one distribution from the fund within 30 days(??)

However, I'm seeing that the TOS were revised effective July 29, 2020, and I don't see any references for a required or timely distribution from the fund.

Also, there was much talk about fees over the past few days and it appears to me this is very nominal:

1). No platform fee paid to GET (donation is optional).

2). 2.9% fee plus $.30 fee per donation goes directly to their payment processor (and helps keep GET a safe place to donate).

(According to my math, a $10 donation results in a deduction at $.59 for the fees).

ETA: The counter does not decrease when distributions taken from the GET. The fund may actually be at $-0- but the counter will still report the total amount raised to date.

Last edited:
Sure!

Here's how I see BM using this poor, hapless employee as his patsy:

First, BM orders him out to Denver on short notice for a (nonexistent) job.
Then, he takes off before the employee even arrives, citing a "family emergency."
He has the employee "take over" his hotel room.
A room that stinks of chlorine, is littered with wet towels and has highly personal documents left behind, i.e., a room that's a secondary crime scene.

In effect, RP was set up to be both an alibi and a fall guy.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating:
BM is highly manipulative.
He's a puppeteer.

I find him utterly despicable.

JMO.

Completely agree. To add to the dispicable-ness, he might have orchestrated his two girls being out of town so he could murder their mom, and the girls returning to find mom MIA was part of his plan for the bike ride staging. Literally using his own kids in the plot. Yuck.

I think the significance of the mail may not what the mail was, but the fact that BM had it at all. If he left that mail in the mailbox, it might show that Suzanne wasn’t around to retrieve it. Remember, Suzanne has to still be alive on Sunday, as she “went for a bike ride.”

It all comes down to what time the mail arrives.

Of course it’s also possible that something arrived in the mail on Saturday, and it sparked a major argument.

I was just thinking that. I think the significance of the mail is:

1. It shows that the Saturday mail was retrieved when in all likelihood SM was not alive when the mail arrived.
2. It puts BM at their residence on Saturday at any point after the mail was delivered, which will be incriminating to him.

I wonder if there is video at the Holiday Inn Express of him hauling in a toolbox the kind that fits in/on the bed of a pickup truck. Easy way to disclose tools or a body and a great cover if you’re driving miles with a dead body IMO...
I thought about this more than once as I believe that's how Scott Peterson hid Laci's body.

I’m still firmly in the premeditated camp. I always thought that BM’s supposed alibi (or is it alibiS now) would come back to bite him.

Just because things are messy doesn’t mean he didn’t plan this ahead of time. Some people get so caught up in the planning of the murder and they don’t really think about the details of what happens right after. For example, I think of Nicole Lovell. Her murder was planned but the killer didn’t seem to have really thought out the next steps.

This is really common. Since it is quite a strain to contemplate breaking one of the greatest of human tabus (murder of a family member), it's not surprising that the physical aftermath would be thought about later - after the death occurs.

Clearly, true crime media have aided many killers in hiding their tracks. I consider BM to be one of the less competent planners, completely blind to his own poor judgment. He thinks he's awesome.

What a dumb thing to do, really...go rent a hotel near Broomfield, lie repeatedly about where he was, and then on top of it, call up a coworker to come to the hotel room and then depart without explanation for a "family emergency" that turns out to be a missing person/murder.

JP is not the only one who knows something. It will be BM's post-murder mistakes that trap him.

I think I can see how the jury trial would shape up, at this point. If it gets to a trial, which I think it will. BM has two daughters and he's going to try and convince them he's innocent.

At least the money is there.
TN probably perplexed then suspicious that BM was not putting together an effort that needed the money.
I just read the updated rules (eff 7/29/20) and it's possible the funds have already been drawn down. The meter does not reflect any distributions to the beneficiary.

Last edited:
Just catching up and still on page 26. If LE have known that BM has been lying all of this time, why have they not arrested him in by now? And I mean arrested for lying to officials and nothing more, at least until they have found evidence to suggest he was responsible for SM's disappearance. As someone else has stated, this has just happened with Megan Boswell. The same happened with Shannon Ryan recently, although much quicker.

This is the bit that i'm still struggling with - I just don't understand why they haven't arrested him for lying. Perhaps he isn't a flight risk, but he's responsible for those poor girls! If you're capable of murdering your wife, especially if premeditated, then you're capable of killing your daughters too - JMO of course.

I want a Chris Watts style interrogation, on video for us all to see, and I want the person questioning him to be a female. Part of me just wants to see a female bring him down and emasculate him, after years of thinking he could control the women in his life. JMO.

Arresting him for lying would be like throwing out the baby with the bath water. He'd be out so fast. Then they have to build a case against him. I think they have been working to build this case from the outset.

Hmm.
Non-profit.
So they're still accepting donations ?
I suppose they have no reason to shutter it just yet.
Speculation : There's the matter of hiring a competent defense lawyer and so forth.
Imo.
I think I mentioned it before but there's an added attorney name on that non profit now that Suzanne is missing.

What we learned today served to support what I’ve believed all along.

I think the hotel was booked last minute, and was used as an alibi. If true, then it would be a massive lie on Barry’s part (he told Lauren he left Suzanne in bed at 5am on Mother’s Day.

Barry had no intention of fixing a wall. He just needed time, distance, and a plausible alibi.

Also, I think we now know why the bike was thrown where it was. He couldn’t leave it out in the open on Saturday night, as it would be discovered too soon. I think he knew that there was a good chance that no one would find it until the time was right. Of course, he helped with that.
Yeah, the plans and actions that weekend seem so scrambled and last minute, especially the call to the employee on Sunday morning. He was making decisions as he went along and that's why the details he gave to AM were so vague and inconsistent. When you are hurried or in a frenzy, mistakes are made and it's harder to get the story straight after the fact.

Completely agree. To add to the dispicable-ness, he might have orchestrated his two girls being out of town so he could murder their mom, and the girls returning to find mom MIA was part of his plan for the bike ride staging. Literally using his own kids in the plot. Yuck.

I was just thinking that. I think the significance of the mail is:

1. It shows that the Saturday mail was retrieved when in all likelihood SM was not alive when the mail arrived.
2. It puts BM at their residence on Saturday at any point after the mail was delivered, which will be incriminating to him.

Did I miss the mail delivery nugget? How do we know it was recent mail with him? Could it have just been articles that arrived in the mail yet were significant because of insurance reasons etc.?

Also I’ve seen mention of Barry purchasing a new truck in the recent days following Suzanne’s disappearance. Does anyone have a link? I’m not sure if this is factual or suspicious. TIA

MOO - I thought I read that BM was driving a rented truck in the days after the disappearance because LE had towed his and other family vehicles away for processing.

I think the significance of the mail may not what the mail was, but the fact that BM had it at all. If he left that mail in the mailbox, it might show that Suzanne wasn’t around to retrieve it. Remember, Suzanne has to still be alive on Sunday, as she “went for a bike ride.”

Of course it’s also possible that something arrived in the mail on Saturday, and it sparked a major argument.
That’s what I’m now thinking and not the messaging with the friend

Wow the whole story seems to be coming together.
I find it interesting that NOW it's OK for AM and other 'untrained' searchers seem to have the blessing of LE to do a wide search.
Now bleach in the hotel room. What'd he do
take a bath in Chlorox? dump his truck bed with bleach to clean it? Clean up some tools?
He must have been a bloody mess or the truck was . Maybe the hotel has video of his activities.
Little by little the small players are coming forward to fill in the blanks.
Wonder who else has brought forth information?
This is getting verrrrry interesting.
Anyone believe PE guys have some good contacts in LE? I do.
How did he not think this would be discovered?!?!

Yes, I think both scenarios are very plausible-- especially if authorities were told that it would be extremely unusual for SM not to collect their mail from the roadside mailbox daily as long as she was in town.

It's also possible that BM has a private mailbox/or postal box used for business, and also that the mail left behind is totally insignificant.

If he incapacitated her around 12:30 Saturday, and drove with her to the hotel, and brought her inside, surely there is video of this? I just don't think she was in that room. but we shall see.
JMO
I’m thinking maybe she showed up separately, like maybe she followed him. It’s just a little idea - I’m not totally sold on it or anything. But I think it’s possible

Yeah, the plans and actions that weekend seem so scrambled and last minute, especially the call to the employee on Sunday morning. He was making decisions as he went along and that's why the details he gave to AM were so vague and inconsistent. When you are hurried or in a frenzy, mistakes are made and it's harder to get the story straight after the fact.
I mean, you’d expect a premeditated crime to have an alibi already established by a perpetrator. This just looks completely reactionary to me.

The timing of his trip to the Denver area seems incredibly bizarre, and that was before we heard about this latest account. If 5am on Mother’s Day sounds weird, then a Saturday trip strikes me as doubly odd.

"Husband of missing Colorado mom stayed at hotel before she vanished"

Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

EXCLUSIVE: Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel, leaving the room reeking of chlorine and littered with insurance letters and wet towels, co-worker claims
  • Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day and her bike was found near her $1.5 million Salida, Colorado home
  • At the time, her husband Barry, 52, was 150 miles away in Broomfield, Colorado, working on a landscaping job for transport company RTD-Denver
  • But their home quickly became the focus of the police investigation
  • Suzanne’s brother has accused Barry of refusing to take a polygraph test and said he doesn’t feel that Barry is ‘fully cooperating’ with the investigation
  • DailyMail.com can reveal Jeff Puckett, a co-worker of Barry’s, took over his hotel room on May 10 and found it scattered with wet towels and stinking of chlorine
  • A manager at the property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms
  • The co-worker also discovered a pile of mail in the room – including a letter about property insurance – and later turned it over to the FBI
  • DailyMail.com can reveal Barry was granted guardianship of Suzanne in order to sell a property in their native Indiana on Tuesday
Here's the DM link.
Thx Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members