UK UK - Sudbury, Suffolk, River Stour, Male, athletic or muscular build, in bin bags, Aug'20

I thought they might find the person who took the bags to the river before actually identifying the person.
Its almost impossible not to be caught on cctv somewhere days.
I would love to know what info the police have.
They are searching the area very thoroughly..i wonder what for exactly?

I noted in an article posted above that the bones all belong to one person. I have not read anywhere if all bones are accounted for. Hopefully they can find something that will let them know where this person was before being thrown in the river!
MOO
This article from the East Anglian Daily Times says: "Bags containing possible leg bones from a single human body were recovered", which makes it sound like there are only a few bones.
Experts work on DNA profile for human bones in effort to identify victim

So with the amount of search work being put in its possible they are looking for further remains
Yes, I would say so, and anything else that might be related - something dropped by whoever left the bags, or something that's blown away, or been moved from where the bones were deposited.

I am pleased to see that LE and forensics are doing a thorough job.

Last edited:
I thought they might find the person who took the bags to the river before actually identifying the person.
Its almost impossible not to be caught on cctv somewhere days.
I would love to know what info the police have.
They are searching the area very thoroughly..i wonder what for exactly?
They have been searching upstream as far as a weir, which is more remote and accessible without going through town streets, so I wonder if the bones were left upstream without passing CCTV (shopping trolley nearby could be coincidence).

Last edited:
Body of 'athletic murder victim' found dumped in river 'missing some parts'

"The skeleton of a suspected murder victim found in two bin bags in a river is missing some parts, a detective said as he urged those who find refuse sacks in "unusual circumstances" to come forward."

"Detective Chief Superintendent Eamonn Bridger said the remains are the body of a man of "athletic or muscular build".

"Unfortunately we know that it's not a complete body and indeed our current belief is that that individual had been dead for some time before the disposing of in the river and the recovery," he said."

"He said details of the items recovered could not be disclosed for investigative reasons.The man had been dead for a "minimum of months", Mr Bridger said, adding: "It's too early to say more specifically than that."

I've been following this thread since the discovery and my first thought was Corrie McKeague or Luke Durbin, however if the police have confidently informed both families it's not either of them, that leads me to suspect the remains are female.
The most well known female missing person is Claudia Lawrence and although geographically the location doesn't make sense, if the remains have been removed from their original resting place (Which by the sound of it they have been) then they could have come from anywhere in the UK.

I've been following this thread since the discovery and my first thought was Corrie McKeague or Luke Durbin, however if the police have confidently informed both families it's not either of them, that leads me to suspect the remains are female.
The most well known female missing person is Claudia Lawrence and although geographically the location doesn't make sense, if the remains have been removed from their original resting place (Which by the sound of it they have been) then they could have come from anywhere in the UK.
Looks like they've found out it's a male. It doesn't seem like it's anyone obvious, so you could be right about the body coming from elsewhere in the UK.
"Detective Chief Superintendent Eamonn Bridger said the remains are the body of a man of "athletic or muscular build".

Okay so the above article says they are still comparing to international databases...
And they were obviously only able to compare to those in the UK database who have DNA on file so far.

He could still be someone in the database.

Or could be not yet reported missing, because it says it's estimated he died within the last few months.

I think eventually DNA will solve it. My opinion and hopes only.

Additional human remains linked to bones found in Suffolk river

"New forensic information has confirmed an additional set of human remains belongs to the same person whose bones were found in a Suffolk river earlier this summer."

Sudbury 'bag of bones' murder: Remains 'from one victim'

"Det Ch Supt Eamonn Bridger said a "significant amount of work" had been carried out to "try to identify the victim and also who is responsible for depositing the bags".

"We expect to receive further forensic test results by early next month, which may help us to determine how long the victim has been deceased," he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back