Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
If SM was murdered by her husband, I really don’t think she was dismembered and put through a wood chipper. Strangled? Sure and her body most likely buried, whole, in a clandestine grave in a wooded area. This is, IMO, a high probability area for BM to consider. This location probably has subtle changes compared to the baseline environment because it’s... good. Of course over time, this filled in hole will most likely start to sink little. It will take a very skilled eye to uncover, perhaps a dog and a focused area of interest to be given by LE to search.

The business of dismembering a human body or using a wood chipper just can’t be an easy process, regardless if your stomach is made of rocks and you can hack away at an animal. Then you have the actual location to consider. I can’t see this being done anywhere that’s not a private/secluded location. Certainly not a place where the neighbor will be awaken in the middle of the night and be curious enough to look out her door because of the noise. Then you have the cleanup and I’m talking about human remains being down in the nooks and crannies of a machine, forget about the fluids that would have leaked out onto the ground, never mind what would be blown into the air. If LE is sifting through dug up concrete & serving two SW on the residence, searching undisclosed locations to the public, I don’t think this got past them. IMO

100% agree. The Colorado wilderness is his friend here... :(

I still want to know what investigators were searching for under that concrete ?

Enough reason to partially destroy an existing foundation; which a judge would've had to sign off on a SW in order for the digging to proceed.
Had to be significant, imo.
To me that was damning, and showed Suzanne was not going to be rescued but a recovery instead. :(

Many other questions about the employee being called for a nonexistent job and the communications being suddenly cut off between Suzanne and her friend-- may not mean much by themselves.
But put together... it forms a large puzzle with pieces yet to be understood.
Just brutal and cold.
MOO
In the "Search Warrants" section of the storymap related to the Suzanne Morphew case on the Profiling Evil website, there are a couple of pages relating to permits and inspections for that worksite. One page is titled "Permit Search Results" and the other lists inspections and results by date.

A few entries on those pages have been highlighted: Plumbing and Mechanical are highlighted on the first page (likely due to the contractors involved, one of whom is a friend of BM's) and under-slab insulation and plumbing are highlighted on the inspections page.

One of the things I noticed on the inspections/results sheet was that a caisson/pier had failed inspection. Would BM's company have been involved in preparing those piers? I wonder if that particular inspection failure caught investigators' attention and they thought it might be related to the noise of machinery running around midnight that the neighbor heard.

you are most welcome

I am wondering if this hotel thing will be his downfall? cameras don't lie but if they are fuzzy - as others have said - he and JP look too similar for it to be a coincidence
IMO

Even if JP was BM's identical twin, it'll be BM's own digital trail that will tell the truth.

His cell records (texts & calls), location history, vehicle gps, google searches, etc.

All that data will have to perfectly match every word that has come out of his mouth.

I agree with your post. My husband and two grown sons are avid hunters and always clean their own kill. Sometimes they will do the processing themselves or they may take it to someone else, depending on time.

IMO, BM comes across as the type to go on guided hunting trips. Everything is baited, and all he would have to do is pull the trigger. He doesn’t seem to be the type to have the patience to actually put much effort into the hunt or the aftermath.
JMO.

ITA. Those guided hunting outfits are very pricey. They would build up his ego by telling him how awesome his hunting skills are. They sell the experience to dudes and know what to do to make them want to come again next season. Moo

To build on this a little more:

-We do know that JP does work for BM
-We do know that the dirt fill was the last step before the concrete pour and I believe the dirt fill was approved on either Sunday or Monday before the concrete
-BM says that he sets up jobs but that his workers do the work.
-So there is a decent chance that someone who works for BM would be completing the dirt fill work on Saturday
-To do the dirt fill work you’d need a bobcat

It was theorized that maybe BM was trying to set up JP with the hotel room.

What if BM was also trying to implicate JP at the Salida site. Maybe JP works on that dirt all day. BM comes to inspect that the work is finished. When JP leaves, BM takes the bobcat and uses it to dispose of a body, When BM returns the bobcat that night, he plants something belonging to SM in that dirt, covers it, and parks the bobcat right back where it was.

Edit to add one last theory:

-On Saturday the bob cat is using an attachment that would fill and level dirt.
-After the job is complete and BM takes the bobcat, he changes out the attachment to something that would dig a grave
-When BM returns the bobcat, he forgets to change the attachment back to the dirt fill tool.
-LE wonders why a bobcat that was filling dirt had a digging attachment on it.
-This is the mechanical thing that BM “forgets” that he did.

Brilliant!!!

Saturday, May 9,
2:30 pm SM stops texting with friend
3:00 pm
4:00 pm
5:00 pm
6:00 pm
7:00 pm
8:00 pm
9:00 pm
10:00 pm
11:00 pm
12:00 pm

Sunday, May 10,
1:00 am
2:00 am
3:00 am
4:00 am
5:00 am BM says he left home for Denver job. SM sleeping in her bed.
6:00 am
7:00 am
8:00 am
9:00 am
10:00 am
11:00 am
1:00 pm
2:00 pm
6:00 pm SM reported missing. BM says he left for home.

Some awfully big gaps in the timeline. When did BM check-in to Motel?

Wow! This is a very powerful visual! Unfortunately more than enough time to find a secluded spot...

The DM story reporting:

*BM's HIE room reeking of chlorine
*wet towels strewn about
*BM's property insurance letter left in trash,
*all according to BM employee instructed to use the room.......
sounds totally fishy to me..... IMO.

ITA. Those guided hunting outfits are very pricey. They would build up his ego by telling him how awesome his hunting skills are. They sell the experience to dudes and know what to do to make them want to come again next season. Moo[/QUOTE

I'm going to say no, he did hunt with others or alone (non-tour)...yeah people will do guided tours to start when they are learning how to hunt/fly fish etc. It's usually a one or two off thing and then they go on their own. My buddy is up there now on his first hunting trip (free) with another buddy of mine who leads those types of tours in and around Salida. I learned how to fly fish from him a few weeks ago myself. Most people who choose that area to live tend to be mountain types. I suppose he could be the rare exception, but it's not like he is a tourist in the town...those you can spot a mile away, and I don't even live there..but I'm a "regular." MOO

In the "Search Warrants" section of the storymap related to the Suzanne Morphew case on the Profiling Evil website, there are a couple of pages relating to permits and inspections for that worksite. One page is titled "Permit Search Results" and the other lists inspections and results by date.

A few entries on those pages have been highlighted: Plumbing and Mechanical are highlighted on the first page (likely due to the contractors involved, one of whom is a friend of BM's) and under-slab insulation and plumbing are highlighted on the inspections page.

One of the things I noticed on the inspections/results sheet was that a caisson/pier had failed inspection. Would BM's company have been involved in preparing those piers? I wonder if that particular inspection failure caught investigators' attention and they thought it might be related to the noise of machinery running around midnight that the neighbor heard.
I think you're right. If BM tried to bury something/someone there it sure could have messed up a pier. Add to that someone doing anything at 11:30 pm. Either one is suspicious. Both together, it's off the charts suspicious.
They just had to check that place out. Moo

Except for this:

"A manager at the $92-a-night property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms" Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online

I can't see a single reason why the hotel manager would lie about something like that.
But, I 110% guarantee they use chlorine bleach in the laundry. Hotels always do to disinfect what are usually white towels. And if a bit too much is used, the smell can really resurface when cloth gets wet.

One of the earliest true crime books I read after Helter Skelter was the one about the husband in CT, a pilot, I think? Who put his wife in a woodchipper.

The whole thought of that is horrifying. Put a small one in a river, it would very effective, I think.

Gives me the willies.
I was never the same after reading that book...

The DM story reporting:

*BM's HIE room reeking of chlorine
*wet towels strewn about
*BM's property insurance letter left in trash,
*all according to BM employee instructed to use the room.......
sounds totally fishy to me

BM suggesting a mountain lion, a bike ride and the guardianship sounds totally fishy to me.

MOO

I know...I've wondered if the Daily Mail has opened a satellite branch in Colorado...maybe they have.
Saturday, May 9,
2:30 pm SM stops texting with friend
6:00 pm
7:00 pm
8:00 pm
9:00 pm
10:00 pm
11:00 pm

Sunday, May 10,
1:00 am
2:00 am
3:00 am
4:00 am
5:00 am BM says he left home for Denver job. SM sleeping in her bed.
6:00 am
7:00 am
8:00 am
9:00 am
10:00 am
11:00 am
1:00 pm
2:00 pm
6:00 pm SM reported missing. BM says he left for home.

Some awfully big gaps in the timeline. When did BM check-in to Motel?

JP said he saw BM in person on Sat 5/9. Not sure what time.
Also a possible noisemaking at the Salida work site Sat 5/9 if related.

90 plus days later.....after the pressure is applied .... and the players are sweating and losing sleep......one player does come forward.....for dinero though........and sells a story .....after taking 90 plus days to think it up and read everything here......... Does he get believed or an Oscar?

90 plus days later.....after the pressure is applied .... and the players are sweating and losing sleep......one player does come forward.....for dinero though........and sells a story .....after taking 90 plus days to think it up and read everything here......... Does he get believed or an Oscar?
He only talked to the media 90 days later. We have no idea when he talked to LE.

And wouldn’t it be weird if BM went to do whatever-he-does in the Denver area, and SM was abducted from a bike ride?
I am still open to this happening.
But BM also has other red flags for me, besises direct where was he.
MOO the hunting is bordering on obsessive, its disorganized, and he just does not seem comfortable as a husband.

I think you're right. If BM tried to bury something/someone there it sure could have messed up a pier. Add to that someone doing anything at 11:30 pm. Either one is suspicious. Both together, it's off the charts suspicious.
They just had to check that place out. Moo

I'm curious how piers supporting concrete foundations are constructed in such close proximity to a river as that house and any detached structures will be.

I'm not an engineer, but I presume it would work something like this: piles are driven into bedrock to gain a solid, non-eroding base and then a steel inner-pier structure is welded to those piles. Once that steel inner-pier structure is built, I'd expect that a tube is lowered to surround it and that tube is filled with concrete (around and through the steel inner structure) to form the full mass of the pier. And once the concrete in the tube is cured, the surrounding dirt is filled in around the outside of the tube. Maybe the backfill can even occur immediately after the tube is filled with concrete.

If someone knows how this works for certain, I'd welcome the information.

If the piers were inspected on 5/14, when would they have been poured? At what stage would the pier formation have been at the end of workday 5/8? At what stage was it the morning of 5/11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam