Found Deceased ID - Rory Pope, 2, Eagle, Ada County, 2 Sept 2020

You can follow what is happening at the Ada County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

The just posted this about 30 min. ago:

Ada County Sheriff's Office
19m·
Thursday update on the search for Rory Pope:

Eagle Police, Eagle Fire, Ada County Sheriff’s deputies, and Boise Police have all resumed the search for missing 2-year-old Rory Pope, who was last seen around noon Wednesday at a relative’s home on N. Arena Way.

Crews have been doing extensive searching since Wednesday, including dive teams on several ponds in the neighborhood; police using drones to fly overhead, both during the day and overnight; officers, K9 dogs, and others doing comprehensive ground search by foot; and investigators getting Ring camera footage from neighbors.

Dive teams have concentrated their search today on the two ponds closest to the home while Eagle, Boise, and ACSO detectives have been re-canvassing the neighborhood.

Gene Ralston, a world-renowned underwater search and recovery expert who lives in Ada County, has volunteered his time and equipment — and is using a remote-controlled sonar unit to search the pond nearest to where the boy was last seen.

The pond is full of brackish water, so visibility is very limited. The pond is about 25 feet-deep in the middle, so the hope is that Ralston’s equipment and expertise will allow for a more comprehensive search.

Members of the Ada County Sheriff’s Office dive team and Eagle Fire are currently searching other ponds and canal areas close by, while detectives on the ground continue to talk to neighbors and search the area on foot.

As we said yesterday, there is no evidence of any kind of foul play associated with Rory's disappearance, so the search for Rory does not meet the criteria or the idea for an Amber Alert.

Detectives have entered Rory's information into the national NCIC database as part of the standard process of looking for him.

We realize this is difficult time for everyone and deeply appreciate your patience.

We will let you all know ASAP if anything changes.

Rory has blond curly hair and was wearing a lime-green shirt when he went missing. We are asking anyone with info to call 911.

Some of the pricier housing developments here have private water areas. All through Boise, Eagle, Star, some smaller ones in Nampa, and I think in Kuna too. I've only seen a few up close, but not many are fenced...even natural lakes, anywhere, are rarely fenced.

I think many of those who live in these communities have backyard fencing if needed for kids and pets.

I can see how this possibly happened. IMO
**Speculation**
Everyone had been very careful to watch the two year old, because of all the water.
They possibly went down to the water to play at various times, on high alert.
Anytime he was outside, he was watched carefully and diligently.
Then it was time to leave, and people are milling around, in and out off the house, and during this transition time, who is the designated watcher? For a few seconds, each thinks the other is on duty.
He slips away.
**Speculation**

Bodies of water everywhere here. We would be a very dry, high desert without the systems of canals and waterways they did in the past.

I live on Indian Creek and we have two ponds and the property next door has a large canal running right thru it in addition to Indian Creek. Let's just say that when the grand kids and friends are over they have to listen to a lecture every time and the wee ones are watched carefully by all. What has probably happened to little Rory is my worst nightmare.

Ok I figured out the pond thing. Eagle is by the river, has high water table I think. So these ponds were dug and it is ground water. I read that the water was "brackish" in some areas. So this makes sense.

I'm stuck on this one piece...... why was he only in a tshirt? If you are traveling from out of state to see the grandparents, most of the time you are fully dressed. I know kids have accidents, but you always bring a couple extra sets of clothes for this reason. Something in this story is just not adding up to me. Makes my spidy senses get tingly.

I'm stuck on this one piece...... why was he only in a tshirt? If you are traveling from out of state to see the grandparents, most of the time you are fully dressed. I know kids have accidents, but you always bring a couple extra sets of clothes for this reason. Something in this story is just not adding up to me. Makes my spidy senses get tingly.

Eg8eKe9U8AUBvIX

https://twitter.com/AdaCoSheriff/status/1301291985429360642

He was also wearing some purple pants (or shorts).

parents took him to meet grandparents who live out of state, and this happens? so freaking tragic.. I cannot comprehend their pain and am just so overwhelmed with sadness for this family oh my heart

I can see how this possibly happened. IMO
**Speculation**
Everyone had been very careful to watch the two year old, because of all the water.
They possibly went down to the water to play at various times, on high alert.
Anytime he was outside, he was watched carefully and diligently.
Then it was time to leave, and people are milling around, in and out off the house, and during this transition time, who is the designated watcher? For a few seconds, each thinks the other is on duty.
He slips away.
**Speculation**
Happens all the time. I pray that Rory didn't fall into a mishap of a situation. Praying for Rory and a miracle.

Last edited:
EAGLE, Idaho — Hundreds of people met at the Legacy Playground in Eagle on Thursday night to hold a vigil for 2-year-old Rory Pope, the toddler who went missing Wednesday from an Eagle neighborhood.

As the search for Rory continues, the community has extended their kind wishes to his family. A Facebook group was created in hopes of assisting the search team in their efforts.

Vigil organizers asked attendees to bring cards and well wishes and to continue offering support to the family.

Brad Murphy, the organizer of the event, announced that Rory's family would not be attending the vigil.

“They’ve decided to stay close to each other during this time but they would like to extend their heartfelt thanks and overwhelming gratitude to the outpouring of love and concern for their little one," Murphy said on behalf of Rory's grandparents. "Please express our deep thankfulness for our wonderful and caring community.”

Hundreds attend vigils in Eagle for missing 2-year-old | ktvb.com

Last edited:
That doesn't ring any alarm bells to me. Toddlers are pretty good at getting dirty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back