MI - Timesha Beauchamp, 20, found alive at funeral home after being declared dead, Detroit, Aug 2020

Miracles do happen. Its just with what we know about the doctor not even seeing the patient to declare patient dead makes me lean to negligence in this case. JMO

If it is common practice for a doctor to pronounce based on EMT report, I don't see the doctor being negligent unless he misinterpreted the info. I need to know more before I blame anyone.

I don't consider 30 minutes performing CPR on this young lady as indicative of negligence on the part of any first responders. They obviously fought hard to revive her. I do hope she manages to pull through this horrific ordeal.

Lazarus Syndrome strikes again IMO.

It is good to see that there is oversight and investigations happening. I am sure that it is cold comfort to this family though.

I am unclear as to why they didn't transport her when she was having issues originally. Why not take her in? Covid? Or, were they encouraged to not transport people who seemed like they would not have a good quality of life in the Covid era? We know that doctors in TX were looking to set up panels to determine who received care. Is this a MI take on that? Just wondering.

I've wondered about this, as well. Given Beauchamp's medical history, she probably should have been immediately transported to a hospital where she would have received the best care possible. It's been reported that four EMTs arrived at the home. Did they all agree to attempt resuscitation at the scene rather than putting her into an ambulance and taking her a hospital? It's obvious that there were several missteps in this unfortunate situation, and I hope investigators get to the bottom of it. Prayers for Ms. Beauchamp and her family.

Last edited:
State: Southfield paramedic misled doc about ‘dead’ woman

It seems like they have narrowed a good deal of the negligence to a paramedic who failed to recognize the patient was alive and misled a doctor about her condition. From news reports here in Michigan, it is said that she remains in critical condition

Last edited:

It seems like they have narrowed a good deal of the negligence to a paramedic who failed to recognize the patient was alive and misled a doctor about her condition. From news reports here in Michigan, it is said that she remains in critical condition

Very informative article. One thing new I learned was the funeral home saw her breathing when they picked her up. It was previously reported she was in a body bag when they arrived at the home.

It appears that this paramedic was more than neglectful. No use of stethoscope, no verification of circulation/respiration, and knew by falsifying a report. If a person is dead does their chest rise and fall even with cerebral palsy and medication, I don't think so. It is not only horrifying but I think it might be criminal.

From the article:

But that doesn’t resemble what state regulators allege. According to the license suspension from the health department:

Storms stopped resuscitation efforts six minutes before getting permission from a doctor who was contacted by phone. “At no point did (Storms) attempt to verify circulation or respiration” with a device such as a stethoscope. “The vital signs and description depicted to the physician were inaccurate.”

Minutes later, Storms went back into the home when family members said Beauchamp appeared to be breathing and had a pulse. He placed her on a monitor, which “clearly showed” electrical activity and revealed she “was not deceased.” Apparently no action was taken.

Storms went inside again when relatives noticed signs of life. “Both times (Storms) failed to recognize the patient was still alive” and indicated that chest movement was normal due to her medication.

The state said Storms changed his report when it was uploaded a second time to an incident database the next day.

Beauchamp wasn’t taken to a hospital until Cole Funeral Home in Detroit called 911 hours later. Funeral home staff actually saw her chest moving earlier when they picked up the body at the Southfield home, the state said, but Beauchamp’s family said they were assured by the medical crew that she was dead.

It appears that this paramedic was more than neglectful. No use of stethoscope, no verification of circulation/respiration, and knew by falsifying a report. If a person is dead does their chest rise and fall even with cerebral palsy and medication, I don't think so. It is not only horrifying but I think it might be criminal.

From the article:

But that doesn’t resemble what state regulators allege. According to the license suspension from the health department:

Storms stopped resuscitation efforts six minutes before getting permission from a doctor who was contacted by phone. “At no point did (Storms) attempt to verify circulation or respiration” with a device such as a stethoscope. “The vital signs and description depicted to the physician were inaccurate.”

Minutes later, Storms went back into the home when family members said Beauchamp appeared to be breathing and had a pulse. He placed her on a monitor, which “clearly showed” electrical activity and revealed she “was not deceased.” Apparently no action was taken.

Storms went inside again when relatives noticed signs of life. “Both times (Storms) failed to recognize the patient was still alive” and indicated that chest movement was normal due to her medication.

The state said Storms changed his report when it was uploaded a second time to an incident database the next day.

Beauchamp wasn’t taken to a hospital until Cole Funeral Home in Detroit called 911 hours later. Funeral home staff actually saw her chest moving earlier when they picked up the body at the Southfield home, the state said, but Beauchamp’s family said they were assured by the medical crew that she was dead.

This is SO wrong- I can't EVEN. How did those fools pass EMT/Paramedic classes? It's not easy, nor should it be...

It would be interesting to know whether or not Storms (or any of the other three EMTs) had ever been to Beauchamp's home previously. Given TB's medical history, it's possible that EMTs had been called to the home at another time and under different circumstances. I hope this is part of the ongoing investigation. I don't want to speculate, but I have some thoughts after reading the Detroit News article posted above ;)

Last edited:
It appears that this paramedic was more than neglectful. No use of stethoscope, no verification of circulation/respiration, and knew by falsifying a report. If a person is dead does their chest rise and fall even with cerebral palsy and medication, I don't think so. It is not only horrifying but I think it might be criminal...

<snipped for space>

I have some thoughts about this but don't want to speculate "out loud". I'm curious about was going on inside the home while Storms kept leaving to make calls to the ER physician. I would also like to know if the other three EMTs onboard with what Storms was doing :confused:

Last edited:

From the article:

Is going outside - away from the patient - to make phone calls normal?

Do we know who the source is for the latest info?

I don't know exactly what you are asking, but a lot of the information came from this article. I hope this helps.
This just gets worse and worse. How can her "chest movement" be due to medication if she's dead and her blood has stopped circulating? A patient who's just died (within minutes) may have an agonal breath reaction and gasp once after he/she flatlines, but not hours later. I could dissect every bit of that article, but suffice to say, this whole situation stinks to high heaven (no bad pun intended). SMDH.

Is going outside - away from the patient - to make phone calls normal?

Good question. It seems strange to me, and the fact that Storms left the scene more than once is definitely odd. EMTs that I've seen wear shoulder-mounted mics like LE. There is no need for them to go to a vehicle to communicate with others. There is something fishy about this entire incident and how it was handled by these EMTs :confused:

Last edited:
Good question. It seems strange to me, and the fact that Storms left the scene more than once is definitely odd. EMTs that I've seen wear shoulder-mounted mics like LE. There is no need for them to go to a vehicle to communicate with others. There is something fishy about this entire incident and how it was handled by these EMTs :confused:

It makes sense to me if the EMT determined (wrongly) the person was deceased they would make a phone call away from the family.

It makes sense to me if the EMT determined (wrongly) the person was deceased they would make a phone call away from the family.

Whatever information Storms was relaying to the ER physician wasn't accurate because Timesha wasn't dead. Based on data from Storms, the ER doctor pronounced the young woman dead at the scene, and the family was advised to call a funeral home so her remains could be transported there. We now know that Ms. Beauchamp was not deceased and that Storms was mistaken in his assessment of the situation.

Last edited:
It is a good case For Feiger---- clear liability- and several defendants including Storm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back