Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Sproles also filed a motion for a bill of particulars to receive clarification on Boswell’s aggravated child abuse and neglect charges.

“Both of those based on, what they refer to as ‘serious bodily injury,’ but it doesn’t- that’s all we know. So we’ve asked the state to clarify those statements, as to what ‘bodily injury’ they are referring to,” he said.

Megan Boswell pleads not guilty, state to decide by December if death penalty will be on the table | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

These initial documents are made "on information and belief." So it is essentially the understanding of the state based on the evidence they have seen so far. It can change if they learn more information through scientific testing, for example. But if they say they believe the crime occurred 12/1/2019 IMO it shows they did not have a confirmed, reliable sighting of baby Evelyn after that date.
That makes sense. Megan's ex-boyfriend said they had only dated a few weeks in December but he had never seen Evelyn. He said Megan told him that the baby had broken her arm while in the care of her father. We know she was never really with the father but I do wonder if there is any truth to the broken arm story. Either way, I'm thinking little Evelyn was already gone by the time Megan started dating HW.

IMO

So boyfriend dated Megan only a few weeks in December, never saw Evelyn. Do we know if that was latter part of the month or early?

Did Megan make a slip and told the truth about Christmas presents for Evelyn?

If infact boyfriend was dating Megan early December, maybe 12/01/19 is the actual date poor Evelyn died.

Don't mind me, I'm just talking to myself trying to pull in line some dates. JMO.

MB shifted her story every which way but loose. This we know. The boyfriend never met Evelyn. I can see this being a thing. See, what sticks out to me is the fact that with all the inconsistency in her stories, the one thing that remained consistent is when she described what Evelyn was wearing the last time she saw her. That outfit is the same outfit that Evelyn was wearing when she was found. The nugget of truth in the lies. The broken arm? Could LE have documented that through a hospital visit? It would be something that they would hold close to the vest. Could that broken arm be a detail that the bill of particulars is looking for? A broken arm, and when it was broken can be nailed down through medical records/forensics, along with records detailing the hospital visit. When, who brought Evelyn in for treatment. All this is just my brain speculating; running with a gut instinct. I don't feel that Evelyn died before the 26th.

Just had a strange kind of “out there” thought. When MB stated that EB was in the care of her “father”, in MB’’s totally screwed up mind could she have been referring to her father in Heaven?
Not sure if she was religious at all??

Just had a strange kind of “out there” thought. When MB stated that EB was in the care of her “father”, in MB’’s totally screwed up mind could she have been referring to her father in Heaven?
Don't think so.

Charge: False Report (Count 1)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning Evelyn Boswell and the Defendant’s claim that her infant child was with the child’s father, EP,”
Charge: False Report (Count 2)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the Defendant’s alleged lack of knowledge of the whereabouts of her infant daughter and her alleged efforts to locate her daughter,”
Charge: False Report (Count 3)

Nah, I think she was just throwing Ethan Perry under the bus. Poor guy.

MB shifted her story every which way but loose. This we know. The boyfriend never met Evelyn. I can see this being a thing. See, what sticks out to me is the fact that with all the inconsistency in her stories, the one thing that remained consistent is when she described what Evelyn was wearing the last time she saw her. That outfit is the same outfit that Evelyn was wearing when she was found. The nugget of truth in the lies. The broken arm? Could LE have documented that through a hospital visit? It would be something that they would hold close to the vest. Could that broken arm be a detail that the bill of particulars is looking for? A broken arm, and when it was broken can be nailed down through medical records/forensics, along with records detailing the hospital visit. When, who brought Evelyn in for treatment. All this is just my brain speculating; running with a gut instinct. I don't feel that Evelyn died before the 26th.
I doubt Megan would have brought her to the hospital for treatment if there is any truth to Evelyn's arm being broken or injured. The autopsy will show if there are any broken bones or injuries which may have contributed to her death.

I doubt Megan would have brought her to the hospital for treatment if there is any truth to Evelyn's arm being broken or injured. The autopsy will show if there are any broken bones or injuries which may have contributed to her death.
They would also likely x-ray her little body to see if there were any old healed fractures or breaks. I have a feeling they may have found some. I think Evelyn looked cared for on the outside but in reality, not so much.

I cannot wait for this autopsy. I hope it's enough to prove without a doubt and get one of those murder charges to stick!!!!!!

They would also likely x-ray her little body to see if there were any old healed fractures or breaks. I have a feeling they may have found some. I think Evelyn looked cared for on the outside but in reality, not so much.
IMO little Evelyn was like a doll... dress her up for everyone and put her to the side when she wants her own attention and to not have to be mom.

Since Evelyn’s case started attracting attention in March, local lawmakers have tried to advance legislation named in her honor. The ‘Evelyn’s Law’ bill would increase penalties against parents or guardians who don’t report their children missing to law enforcement within 48 hours. If they don’t – it would be a Class A misdemeanor. If harm or death came to that child, it would be a Class C felony, which can mean three to 15 years in prison.

“It was inspired by Evelyn and what happened to her,” said Representative Bud Hulsey.

Honoring Evelyn Boswell: Child advocates, lawmakers urge action in her name | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Friday, Sept. 11th:
*Appearance Hearing (stolen car & Walmart) (@ 9am CT) – TN – Stolen 2007 BMW (involved in Amber Alert for TN Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos.) in Wilkes County N.C. - for *William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) arrested & charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (2/27/20) with possession of stolen property (car over $2500). No plea entered. Held without bond in Wilkes County jail. Transferred to Sullivan County. Bond now at $10K. Released on bond (3/4/20) with ankle monitor.
Court info from 2/24/20 thru 3/4/20 reference post #26 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

3/24/20 Update: Hearing has been rescheduled for 4/30/20. Hearing moved to 6/9. 6/9/20 Update: The first witness called was Melissa Wood, the owner of the stolen BMW that Angela and McCloud were arrested in. Melissa Wood said she had given it to Megan Boswell after being told that she would receive payment on February 13. Detective Jason Adams of the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office in North Carolina took the stand next and said he was contacted by the FBI to locate a stolen vehicle from Sullivan County. Judge Lauderback scheduled McCloud and Angela’s next appearance for August 14 at 9 a.m. The case was bound over to grand jury.
8/12/20 Update: Bound over to Circuit court (new case #82CC1-2020-CR-73334). Next appearance hearing on stolen car on 9/11/20.

*Arrested & charged (3/19/20) with theft (up to $1K). Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20.
4/2/20 Update: Arraignment Hearing on 6/8/20. 6/8/20 Update: rescheduled arraignment hearing on 6/18/20. 6/18/20 Update: Arraignment hearing rescheduled to 7/16/20. 7/16/20: Arraignment continued to 8/11/20. 8/11/20 Update: Bound over for trial. Next hearing on 9/11/20.
*Angela Mae Boswell (42/now 43) – Stolen car & Walmart theft: Hearing on 9/24/20.

At least now they have ALL McCloud's cases on the same date...

Walmart shoplifting:

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
William Bryant McCloud Defendant Appearance 09/24/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin

William Bryant McCloud Defendant Appearance 09/11/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin Case Rescheduled

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

Stolen car:

William Bryant McCloud Defendant Appearance 10/09/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin Case Rescheduled

William Bryant McCloud Defendant Appearance 09/11/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin Case Rescheduled

At least now they have ALL McCloud's cases on the same date...

Walmart shoplifting:

Stolen car:

William Bryant McCloud Defendant Appearance 10/09/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin Case Rescheduled

No chance of getting muddled with those listings. I've struggled of late somewhat, could be lockdown, could be my age lol.

Thursday, September 24th:
*Arraignment Hearing (Domestic Assault, Child Abuse, Violation of protection order, etc. & original charge) (@ 9am CT) TN - Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos.) - *William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33)*Arrested & charged (3/19/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20.
4/2/20 Update: Arraignment Hearing on 6/8/20. 6/8/20 Update: rescheduled arraignment hearing on 6/18/20. 6/18/20 Update: Arraignment hearing rescheduled to 7/16/20. 7/16/20: Arraignment continued to 8/11/20. 8/11/20: Hearing on 9/11/20. 9/11/20: Next hearing 9/24/20.
Arrested & charged (5/24/20) with child abuse & neglect, violation of an order of protection & domestic assault. Faces a $50K bond for domestic assault.
McCloud was arrested & charged (7/12/19) & arraigned (8/30/19) with 2 counts of aggravated domestic assault & 1 count of domestic assault. Next is announcement hearing (Case #71492) & arraignment hearing (Case #72474) on 3/27/20 @ 9am. $1K bond.
Court info from 5/24/20 thru 7/15/20 reference post #116 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9
7/16/20 Update: Indicted on his original assault charge. All charges pending will be heard on 9/24/20, except for stolen car & Walmart charge on 9/11/20. Both moved to 9/24/20.

Associated case:
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) – Possession of stolen vehicle & violation of probation. Probation: hearing on 10/1/20. Stolen car: hearing on 9/24 & bound over to Grand Jury. Walmart theft: hearing on 9/24. Bound over. Aggravated burglary & theft: Goes to Grand Jury on 7/17 & hearing on 10/1/20.

Thursday, September 24th:
*Appearance Hearing (stolen car & Walmart) (@ 9am CT) – TN – Stolen 2007 BMW (involved in Amber Alert for TN Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos.) in Wilkes County N.C. - for *William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) arrested & charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (2/27/20) with possession of stolen property (car over $2500). No plea entered. Held without bond in Wilkes County jail. Transferred to Sullivan County. Bond now at $10K. Released on bond (3/4/20) with ankle monitor.
Court info from 2/24/20 thru 3/24/20 reference post #295 here:

8/12/20 Update: Bound over to Circuit court (new case #82CC1-2020-CR-73334). Next appearance hearing on stolen car on 9/11/20. 9/11/20: Rescheduled to 9/24/20.

*Arrested & charged (3/19/20) with theft (up to $1K). Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20.
4/2/20 Update: Arraignment Hearing on 6/8/20. 6/8/20 Update: rescheduled arraignment hearing on 6/18/20. 6/18/20 Update: Arraignment hearing rescheduled to 7/16/20. 7/16/20: Arraignment continued to 8/11/20. 8/11/20 Update: Bound over for trial. Next hearing on 9/11/20. 9/11/20: Rescheduled to 9/24/20.
*Angela Mae Boswell (42/now 43) – Stolen car & Walmart theft: Hearing on 9/24/20.

Last edited:
Sorry - I have so many separate notes on this case!

Thursday, Sept. 24th:
*Arraignment Hearing (Stolen car & Theft) (@ 9am CT) – TN – Stolen 2007 BMW (involved in Amber Alert for TN Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos.) in Wilkes County N.C. – for *Angela Mae Boswell (42/now 43) arrested (2/21/20) & charged (2/24/20) & arraigned (in Sullivan County on 2/25/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500) & violation of probation warrant for theft. No plea entered. $5K bond. Must wear ankle bracelet. Bonded out (2/28/20) with ankle monitor.
Court info from 2/21/20 thru 3/4/20 reference post #30 here:

4/30/20: Probation: hearing was postponed as one of the witnesses to testify was ill. Rescheduled on 5/14/20. 5/14/20: Continued to 6/18/20 continued to 10/1/20. 3/4/20: Judge Lauderback asked when Boswell was going to have an attorney. “I’m working on that. I’m Googling, trying to find lawyers,” Boswell said. Told her to have one by next hearing on 3/24. 3/24/20 Update: Stolen car: Hearing has been rescheduled for 4/30. Hearing moved to 6/9.
6/9/20 Update: The first witness called was Melissa Wood, the owner of the stolen BMW that Angela and McCloud were arrested in. Melissa Wood said she had given it to Megan Boswell after being told that she would receive payment on February 13. Detective Jason Adams of the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office in North Carolina took the stand next and said he was contacted by the FBI to locate a stolen vehicle from Sullivan County. Judge Lauderback scheduled McCloud and Angela’s next appearance for August 14 at 9 a.m. The case was bound over to grand jury. Stolen car: hearing rescheduled to 9/24/20.

*Charged (3/25/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20.
Court info from 3/25/20 thru 4/9/20 reference post #30 here:

4/30/20: Walmart hearing was postponed as one of the witnesses to testify was ill. Rescheduled on 5/14/20. Bound over. Hearing on 10/1/20.

*Arrested & charged (3/26/20) & arraigned (3/27/20) with aggravated burglary, theft under $10K, introduction of drugs into a penal facility & possession of counterfeit money. In jail. Bond set at $50K. Charge of aggravated burglary dismissed (on 5/14/20), but charged with theft under $10K, introduction of contraband into a penal facility, possession of counterfeit money & criminal simulation. Bond kept at $50K.
Court info from 3/26/20 thru 4/30/20 reference post #30 here:

5/14/20: Theft: During a preliminary hearing today, her father David Jones said she had been living at his home and was always welcome there, leading Judge Mark Toohey to dismiss a burglary charge. She is still facing a charge of theft and taking contraband into jail, all unrelated to the death of her granddaughter. Judge Toohey also ruled that Angela could be a flight risk and kept her bond at $50K. Judge Mark Toohey found probable cause to charge Angela with theft under $10,000, introduction of contraband into a penal facility, possession of counterfeit money & criminal simulation. Angela was bound over to the Sullivan County Grand Jury & was given a bond of $50,000, which is separate from her bond in Bristol related to a stolen vehicle which was sought by investigators in the Evelyn Boswell case. Bound over date for the grand jury is July 17. Theft: Hearing on 10/1/20.
7/16/20 Update: Theft, etc: Might have been in court on 7/16/20 & bond set at $100K & next hearing on 9/24/20 @ 9am.
Accomplice:
*Larry Chad Fields (37) arrested (3/26/20) & charged (3/25/20) with aggravated burglary & theft under $10K.
4/2/20 Update: Initial appearance hearing on 4/3 was cancelled due to coronavirus. Rescheduled for 5/18 & continued to 8/13/20. 8/13/20: Continued to 8/17/20. 8/17/20: Arraignment hearing-continuance granted. Next status hearing on 10/19/20.
*William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) - Possession of stolen property (over $2500). Hearing on 9/24/20.
*Arrested & charged (3/19/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 9/24/20.
Child abuse/violation of protective order: announcement hearing on 9/24/20.
*Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 19) – Pretrial hearing scheduled on 12/3/20.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back