Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The person that impersonated SM was doing so to act as if she was still alive Sunday to create a false timeline of events.

Again, I'm hopelessly behind. What happened on Sunday with an impersonation of SM? I went through media thread and cannot figure out.

I haven't seen anything other than MOO's as to Saturday getting legs - but first I heard of impersonation of SM on Sunday.

Anyone know that can throw up MSM? Tx!

Yes those Facebook data logs and IP address access will completely tell the story.

I think what is interesting, as @Hoosierfan72 mentioned, is that if SM was suspicious of BM’s behavior, she would not have been snooping around the profiles of old high school friends that live in IN. She’d most likely be snooping around people that live in the Salida area. So why did all of the old high school friends living several states away get the friend suggestion?

That’s a great question. It could have been as simple as she got sidetracked and went down a rabbit hole looking at profiles.

Even bigger question: What happened that triggered these FB searches or accesses by SM or BM? And how did it end up with SM going missing and now likely deceased?

What the hell happened?

Do we have any ‘facts’ in this case yet?

I can say that the way I am trying to explain how Facebook works is a fact and the explanation of what they do is even provided in the link on their website.

Is it a fact that all of these BM contacts got recommendations to friend SM before she was reported missing? I have no idea, but I’m highly inclined to believe @Hoosierfan72

Your explanation certainly does make a lot of sense, and I tend to believe this may have been exactly what happened. I think it will be VERY interesting eventually, to see if any of this is mentioned in a probable cause statement. Assuming of course, BM is guilty of disappearing SM and he's arrested, eventually.

That’s what I’m thinking and she was messaging about more than the wedding with her friend ..
JMO
Bingo.

If WE think that, I'm sure BM did also. Which may validate @EggSalad 's excellent answer to what @Hoosierfan72 shared with us.

I can come up with several plausible reasons Barry would have logged into Suzanne's facebook account on his own phone. I'm confident we'll see some sort of information on this revealed when the probable cause affidavit is released!

Good job WS'ers, the PE guys need to stick with us on these cases :)

When I was (much) younger, while walking back from a party to where I was staying, I came across a cat at the edge of someone's garden. It wasn't moving and didn't respond when I knelt down to speak to it. It felt cold when I stroked it. I was worried that it was injured but didn't want to walk along the road, waking people up at 2 am to check if it was their cat. So I 'phoned a local veterinary surgery to say I was bringing a very sick cat in. When I tried to pick it up to wrap it in my jacket, it was a dead weight. That was because it was a large brick/stone that someone had set into their garden. Worse still, the occupants of the property were alerted to my antics because they could hear me chatting to the stone. The guy came out to challenge me for trying to steal one of their decorative stones. To add insult to injury, I had to 'phone the vet to tell them the cat was a brick.
That's the closest I've ever been to seeing a ghost cat.
I blame the alcoholic punch.

I'm glad you had the heart to try and save what you thought was an injured animal.

Thank you for that.

If you don't know what one looks like, don't Google "hunting cooler; it'll just make you sad.

Hunting coolers, sadder still.

I don't know if he had any, I don't know if they're missing, but I'm pretty sure no one's talking about a lunch Igloo.

Where are they, BM?

JMO

Again, I'm hopelessly behind. What happened on Sunday with an impersonation of SM? I went through media thread and cannot figure out.

I haven't seen anything other than MOO's as to Saturday getting legs - but first I heard of impersonation of SM on Sunday.

I believe this discussion is around:

-PE where they discussed unusual behavior on Saturday 5/9 on SM’s social media resulting in the communication stopping at 9pm and SM’s best friend panicking.

That lead to many of us speculating that whatever happened to SM, happened on Saturday.

-Now we’ve learned info that makes it sound like SM might have not been in control of her social media as early as 12:30pm Saturday.

So we are theorizing that the person controlling her social media was doing to to create a false sense that SM was alive Saturday and Sunday.

If you don't know what one looks like, don't Google "hunting cooler; it'll just make you sad.

I don't know if he had any, I don't know if they're missing, but I'm pretty sure no one's talking about a lunch Igloo.

Where are they, BM?

JMO
Maybe in the concrete slab? An Igloo cooler from Walmart is 3’ long. JMO

Yes those Facebook data logs and IP address access will completely tell the story.

I think what is interesting, as @Hoosierfan72 mentioned, is that if SM was suspicious of BM’s behavior, she would not have been snooping around the profiles of old high school friends that live in IN. She’d most likely be snooping around people that live in the Salida area. So why did all of the old high school friends living several states away get the friend suggestion?

Interesting question given what we know about the recent real estate activity that has taken place in Indiana ... you know the house that was said to be "under contract" and necessitated BM applying for Guardianship? Would Suzanne have been looking for ...

Last edited:

Where are they, BM?

JMO
Did you know they have hunting backpacks? You can put your quartered meat in it and hike it out. I can’t even imagine. :eek:

JMO I think LE’s interest in coolers is important.

No one impersonated BM -- several WSers noticed that JP looks a lot like BM, and they wondered if BM asked JP to go to the hotel that Sunday just because JP looked like him. IOW, maybe the hotel camera video would confuse the two men so that BM could confuse the whole issue about where he was and what he was doing Saturday and Sunday. It was all just speculation.

PE guys allude to some kind of activity on her digital media that was off.

To me, that suggests it wasn't her doing.

While it makes sense that she might have searched his facebook, sparking a conversation with deadly consequence, that IMO doesn't account for activity on her account. Which of course wouldn't be visible by those suddenly receiving friend suggestion notices but would be by those already friended.

I think he accessed her facebook in an attempt to stall a real-world friend from sounding any alarms.

JMO

These days, more and more, I find that approved SM allowed here are quoting what is on SM (such as right here). Once they quote what is on Social Media, it becomes a subject to be discussed.

As to her digital media being "off", it could be gleaned and reported as such from the post we have seen here from someone who discussed about the friend requests etc.

It's kinda circular iykwim?

So hard these days to discern with social media driving MSM so often?

Please continue discussion here.

IMPORTANT ADMIN NOTE:

Tricia and I have discussed some information that has been received and Tricia has made a thread specific exception to allow Hoosierfan72 to post some very intriguing information. We are very confident the information being shared is true.

It is up to the members as to whether they find the information believable.

Hopefully Hoosierfan72 will be back on board shortly to share with the members.

If it was SM herself, she wouldn’t log into her profile on his phone. There would be no use for that since she can look at her profile on her own phone anytime.

She’d either log on to his profile on her phone or she’d just look at his profile on his phone.

And if she logged in to his profile on her phone, the inverse of what happened would happen. Basically, SM’s contacts would receive a notification to connect with BM.

Also, I don’t believe just looking at someone’s profile or liking content is what the algorithm uses to make connection recommendations. But I could be wrong.

Thank you, EggSalad, for sharing your considerable knowledge and expertise with us. I've found the info extremely helpful.

These days, more and more, I find that approved SM allowed here are quoting what is on SM (such as right here). Once they quote what is on Social Media, it becomes a subject to be discussed.

As to her digital media being "off", it could be gleaned and reported as such from the post we have seen here from someone who discussed about the friend requests etc.

It's kinda circular iykwim?

So hard these days to discern with social media driving MSM so often?
I'm confused, are you protesting something here?

Well I’m way behind as I got sidelined with a work project and some home life tasks yesterday, logged in this morning to see there’s a new thread so I have alot of catching up to do.

My apologies for the late comment on the LS Fox 21 video of her phone call with BM. I watched it yesterday morning, and first I want to say I think LS is doing a great job reporting on this case and keeping SM in the spotlight, and kudos to her for her tenacity & persistence, getting BM to speak.

So BM has already publicly accused Sheriff’s office Investigators of messing everything up and claims they’re trying to cover it up and blame everything on him. He is now throwing JP under the bus, and claims the FBI is lying as well, wow!

I think it’s obvious that his statements are pretty much damage control, a mish-mash of deflection, obfuscation, and projection. Also, his tone throughout sounded agitated and angry. Yeah, the heat is turning up, way up, and BM knows it. Good!!

BM is so transparent.

ETA: I wanted to add that I think the PE guys are also doing an excellent job on SM case. Much respect to them, they seem like great guys, very humble and compassionate. Keep up the great work guys!

Hoping for a resolution soon.

IMHO.

#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I'm trying to track down where this was said (they met Saturday afternoon). Does anyone have the sound bite or print media to verify?

With the new timeline verified by PE- Suzanne's communications with friend ceased at 12:30 pm MT. This particular fact becomes critical to BM's movement around the time we suspect Suzanne was not alive.

I do remember hearing/reading, that JP and BM saw the other on Saturday. But I do not recall that a time was give. If it had been, I would have written in on my little handy dandy timeline. Hope we will find out, as it is extremely relevant. I'm trying to find the source, but not having any luck.
Moo

So I have to assume that if the girls couldn't contact their mom it was after 12:30 pm which is when the abrupt end to a convo came to be. Had they been in contact with SM prior to that? And if they had why would they be so concerned? Perhaps after 12:30 pm is the first time they tried to contact their mom and if it was why would they be so concerned if she regularly went for bike rides? If BM was trying to buy time by pretending to be SM to her friend why wouldn't he have done it with his kids instead of creating a potentially dangerous situation like the one that unfolded?

Early reports (I think in the DM - I'd have to do a search to confirm) mentioned that the girls were trying to contact their mum early on Sunday to let her know that they were running late with their journey back home. The suggestion was that they intended to spend MD with her, which is why they tried to get hold of her several times throughout the day. I'll see if I can find the original reference and post it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88