Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do agree with this statement, I do have to also toss in here that we actually don't know if there's any history of violence from BM (towards SM). Just like we don't know if there's a history of marital strife. While I'm not saying there is, or there's any record of it, I am saying that it's incredibly common to sweep it under the rug, for a lot of couples and for a LOT of reasons. I think the 1 person that would know for sure about such things, is the same person that had her conversation with SM end abruptly on the 9th.

We do have at least 1 person back in Indiana as well, that filed a police report that documented BM does have it in him to get violently physical. So, there's that. And that shouldn't be ignored.

jmo
I think it’s very possible there was ongoing “marital strife” of some form(s) and thanks for the reminder of past evidence of Barry’s temper.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No.
Here, we are in stage 4 lockdown, now for 5 weeks.
Curfews at night, no visitors to homes, cannot travel more then 5 km for shopping for food etc.
Spend our time on phones, and social media.

Numbers coming down, so we'll live till Nov.
So I guess, follow this strategy, to see what happens here.

Where are you? Please be safe.

There are a few things that are not really adding up to me.
1. If BM is guilty why would he have brought insurance paperwork to the hotel, tossed it in the trash and left it there to be found? Jeff claims he thought it was an alibi... But if BM made reservations at the hotel why would he need more proof of him being there?
2. The cooler question is another thing. There is a picture of BM carrying a cooler I guess that picture is supposed to prove he owns coolers? But it looks like one of those Styrofoam coolers. Maybe he only grabs coolers that be tossed since he hunts and it gets messy?
3. Who on earth is Jeff Pucket? What is his story and why does he seem so angry and so ready to say BM is involved?
Even people who have been to prison hate what is bad. Maybe he was angry because he was fearing BM was going to frame him...

One of the many things that is bothering me, is the fact that BM has been so quiet for months.
Now that accusations are starting to fly, he’s becoming very vocal- but it’s all about defending HIM!

If I was innocent, yes, I would absolutely be defending myself too, but also, using that as a platform to bring attention to and question my wife’s whereabouts. I’m not seeing this at all.

It seems as though BM has a lot of answers, but NO questions concerning his missing wife!
MOO

My wife has said that, literally, SM may be the absolute sweetest person she has ever known. Truly an extraordinarily kind soul. (We joke about how every victim on Dateline could "light up a room" - but the positive comments you've heard about SM are not exaggerations). DW's impression through the years was they were happy together (and not simply posing for FB). If BM is indeed guilty, something significant changed - with him, with the relationship - or both. JMO, MOO.

Everyone who says they knew her says basically the same thing. As beautiful as she is, plus the sweetest person thing, makes me wonder if it’s someone who mistook the sweetness for more and became obsessed. Then, when she finally got through that it wasn’t more than being nice, snapped.

It’s a stereotype, but I see BM as a dumb jock type, who is just smart enough to know he can’t appear on camera or in public, because no matter how hard he tries, the words just don’t come out right.

Odds are it was him who did away with SM, but I’m not 100 percent on the BM did it side. More 70 percent, but honestly I start out on the 60 percent side that it’s the spouse, significant other or lover who did it in most cases.

I'm still on the fence regarding premeditation (at least from a legal standpoint - I agree that this doesn't appear to be well planned, but am unsure if it was a crime of passion or if it was something else).

My wife would say he was never a bad guy growing up. He wasn't perfect - was a bit arrogant and cocky, but we all knew many guys (especially athletes, IMO) who were that way in HS. He wasn't a troublemaker. Certainly time and life experiences can change a person, but I think it's accurate to say that nobody who knew him growing up would have ever imagined a scenario like this with BM a POI in something like this.

My wife has said that, literally, SM may be the absolute sweetest person she has ever known. Truly an extraordinarily kind soul. (We joke about how every victim on Dateline could "light up a room" - but the positive comments you've heard about SM are not exaggerations). DW's impression through the years was they were happy together (and not simply posing for FB). If BM is indeed guilty, something significant changed - with him, with the relationship - or both. JMO, MOO.

Just by his body language, I think BM has probably been a bit of a hothead since he was a very young child. However, I also think he's probably come about it honestly by the way he was raised: the baby, only boy, and mom, and two older sisters that doted and indulged him. Seems he's always behaved like the little prince and expects to be treated as such.

I think I'm in the minority here because although I believe money and greed are the catalysts of BM's anger (and ultimately SM's death), I don't see a family in financial straits. Not at all. BM has been working at his craft for more than 30 years. He clearly likes what he does. We can't sleuth BM but just looking over SM's joint ownership since marriage, they've done quite well for themselves.

Personally, I've always believed that BM brings home the bacon but SM is the financial steward of this family. SM is the reason they have what they have!

I believe SM came back stronger from cancer. I think she's come to realize--probably from the new generation she raised (M & M) that BM's narcissistic rage is not normal and other people don't live walking on eggshells all the time.

I think BM has hidden behind the most decent woman ever known to many. She's been his true cover for his entire adult life. We all have that friend that we tolerate because we love the other half.

I think part of this Indiana wedding planning may have included SM's desire to extend her stay and look after her dad. COVID19 was presenting an opportunity to take her minor daughter with her given virtual classrooms. I also think the timing was right for SM-- their former residence previously sold with the final/ balloon payment due in weeks. Maybe it had been discussed before and suddenly BM saw the plan going into fruition.

I'm also not seeing any period where BM/SM have ever been apart. Maybe this would be somewhat of a trial separation for them. I think even the idea of such a thing would put BM into a blind rage. He knows that there'd be more than a good chance that SM would find she's happier on her own than with him.

More importantly, I truly believe just the idea (real or perceived) of BM having to divide his kingdom could cause him to go unhinged. I do think BM killed SM in a fit of rage. I don't think BM would kill over losing SM but I believe he'd kill over money and greed. I don't think it helped that they were alone together -- the daughters away out of state.

MOO

Last edited:
So if I use my face book to sleuth , for example ,Barry's face book,he is not going to get a message suggesting me as a friend.
:eek::p Good Heavens, I hope not !!
I don't know how many suspects, POI's , Possible POIs, etc that I have sleuthed on FB.
YIKES !!
Let me know if anyone finds out if that happens.
I will have to use other methods to snoop, er,, umm, sleuth.

I just think he’s ridiculous. He says absolutely nothing to the media about his poor wife in 4 months, yet comes out how many times to talk about himself once the heat is on? Everything is about him. They were so young when they married. I think she outgrew him. I think she truly believed in Till death do you part, and I think she would never want to disrupt the family unit. I think her faith was a big part of everything. I’m sorry, he just acts like a big jerk.
I think the reason he is just now speaking out is because of the flood of information coming out in the media.
He is desperately trying to hold his finger in the dam.

Ugh. Today I was messing with my phone settings to make sure Facebook didn’t have access to my contacts. Now I have new friend requests from people I don’t know or don’t remember.

Where is @EggSalad? I may need your help straightening this out. ;) But I think your point is proven in my eyes. Depending on settings, FB will access contacts from the phone being used to display “people you may want to friend” notifications.

There are a few things that are not really adding up to me.
1. If BM is guilty why would he have brought insurance paperwork to the hotel, tossed it in the trash and left it there to be found? Jeff claims he thought it was an alibi... But if BM made reservations at the hotel why would he need more proof of him being there?
2. The cooler question is another thing. There is a picture of BM carrying a cooler I guess that picture is supposed to prove he owns coolers? But it looks like one of those Styrofoam coolers. Maybe he only grabs coolers that be tossed since he hunts and it gets messy?
3. Who on earth is Jeff Pucket? What is his story and why does he seem so angry and so ready to say BM is involved?
These are all minor things in a narrative that makes absolutely no sense.

You have a low risk victim, “riding her bike” in a safe area, and the most experienced kidnapping organization on the planet (The FBI), didn’t follow their playbook.

Then you have a man who appears to have set up a bizarre alibi last minute, who has been the subject of 2 search warrants on his home, and another one at his job site.

You have a man who is behaving contrary to every loving spouse ever, in a situation like this.

A man who keeps pushing this insane “mountain lion” narrative, despite the fact he knows better.

His room smelled like chlorine, and his home apparently smelled like bleach. That bike appears to have been staged.

Who does that? The spouse, in an effort to mislead.

Can’t fool LE. Can’t fool me.

BM said he was going to prepare the jobsite because he had workers coming in on Sunday night. Didn't he say it was Sunday morning in another interview? Or at one point made contradicting statements to different people?
I've always heard BM left Sunday morning, and workers arriving Sunday evening.

The site does show one, right next to the pool Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Northwest - Broomfield

But I'm guessing if the pool was closed due to COVID, the hot tub, gym and buffet breakfast were also closed. That's the way it happened here - all extra amenities were immediately shut down.

Totally true! My husband and I just returned from a three-day trip this morning. The Hotel's pool, hot tub, and breakfast buffets are still closed because of COVID. (It's not the same Hotel or even the same state, yet COVID is still causing these things to be shut down).

When I was (much) younger, while walking back from a party to where I was staying, I came across a cat at the edge of someone's garden. It wasn't moving and didn't respond when I knelt down to speak to it. It felt cold when I stroked it. I was worried that it was injured but didn't want to walk along the road, waking people up at 2 am to check if it was their cat. So I 'phoned a local veterinary surgery to say I was bringing a very sick cat in. When I tried to pick it up to wrap it in my jacket, it was a dead weight. That was because it was a large brick/stone that someone had set into their garden. Worse still, the occupants of the property were alerted to my antics because they could hear me chatting to the stone. The guy came out to challenge me for trying to steal one of their decorative stones. To add insult to injury, I had to 'phone the vet to tell them the cat was a brick.
That's the closest I've ever been to seeing a ghost cat.
I blame the alcoholic punch.
Hahahahha
Thanks for the laughs tonight !!
Must have been a he!! of a party with some great Punch :)
(But glad you cared enough to try to help a sick kitty..very kind hearted*)

Last edited:
I think part of this Indiana wedding planning may have included SM's desire to extend her stay and look after her dad. COVID19 was presenting an opportunity to take her minor daughter with her given virtual classrooms. I also think the timing was right for SM-- their former residence previously sold with the final/ balloon payment due in weeks. Maybe it had been discussed before and suddenly BM saw the plan going into fruition.

I'm also not seeing any period where BM/SM have ever been apart. Maybe this would be somewhat of a trial separation for them. I think even the idea of such a thing would put BM into a blind rage. He knows that there'd be more than a good chance that SM would find she's happier on her own than with him.

MOO

MOO in big letters. I don’t think Suzanne had any plans of going to Indiana for the wedding. The timing doesn’t fit. That’s all I will say. I feel like the PE guys right now-it would be very out of character for Suzanne to stop responding to texts/messages on that particular day without a very bad reason. It would not be a day where texts would just drift off and stop, or she would have to do something else and text later or the next day. There’s so much out there that we will eventually talk about.

Not really. It’s not hard to hide a body in rural Colorado. Hell, you could dump one just off the highway and it could take years.

This man had time, experience, knowledge, and the means. That’s tough.
Only case I've followed that they haven't found the body is the Fotis Dulos case, and that was only because someone discovered the grave out in the middle of nowhere than Kent Malwhinney dug. They're very good at finding bodies.

I'm still on the fence regarding premeditation (at least from a legal standpoint - I agree that this doesn't appear to be well planned, but am unsure if it was a crime of passion or if it was something else).

My wife would say he was never a bad guy growing up. He wasn't perfect - was a bit arrogant and cocky, but we all knew many guys (especially athletes, IMO) who were that way in HS. He wasn't a troublemaker. Certainly time and life experiences can change a person, but I think it's accurate to say that nobody who knew him growing up would have ever imagined a scenario like this with BM a POI in something like this.

I'm really glad you shared this, but at the same time it really made my heart hurt for those who knew her and loved her. Most especially her girls. She most certainly did NOT deserve this, and neither do they. :(

Only case I've followed that they haven't found the body is the Fotis Dulos case, and that was only because someone discovered the grave out in the middle of nowhere than Kent Malwhinney dug. They're very good at finding bodies.
I wish they’d find Kelsey Berreth’s (also Colorado - her ex-boyfriend was convicted) and Crystal Rogers’ (KY). And Suzanne’s of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member