NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

I live semi-locally and there are many theories I've heard when I reach out to people who might know something...LE, politicians. Most think the bio dad took her. But this article says the dad was questioned and was cooperative. Plus mentions how difficult it would be to sneak a child out of the country without being caught. So I don't know why that is even a consideration.

To me it seems 4 - 4:30 time frame is long enough that someone would have noticed.... that a potential abductor would have been hanging out at the park before Dulce even arrived. I hope LE has more info than what they're releasing, but even if they do, it hasn't turned up a suspect in almost a year's time. Sad for Dulce. It's been so long for this little girl.

All above is JMO.

I live semi-locally and there are many theories I've heard when I reach out to people who might know something...LE, politicians. Most think the bio dad took her. But this article says the dad was questioned and was cooperative. Plus mentions how difficult it would be to sneak a child out of the country without being caught. So I don't know why that is even a consideration.

To me it seems 4 - 4:30 time frame is long enough that someone would have noticed.... that a potential abductor would have been hanging out at the park before Dulce even arrived. I hope LE has more info than what they're releasing, but even if they do, it hasn't turned up a suspect in almost a year's time. Sad for Dulce. It's been so long for this little girl.

All above is JMO.
I mean, it couldn't really be the father, right? He wasn't even in the US at the time. I guess we can argue and say that he could've had someone snatch her up and bring her to him, but that would have been hard, I think. I haven't read about Dulce's case for a while, but if I recall correctly, he wasn't even that involved in her life, and just trying to make a change in his life all together. I believe he told Dulce's mom that he wanted to change his life so he could help her with Dulce and be more present in her life. I honestly don't think he did it or had anyone doing it for him. It's just so crazy how someone took a 5-year-old little girl out of a public park in a matter of minutes and there's no sign of this poor child anywhere.

Thanks for the update!

I get that LE stressed the lack of evidence to indicate Dulce being deceased but I disagree with the thinking that therefore she's still alive. IMO if this was a stranger abduction it's much more likely that she was taken for sexual purposes rather than by someone looking to "replace" a child. From the link:

Really young kids, even infants, may be taken by someone looking to replace a child who was somehow lost, Garrabrant said, while a sexual motive is often a factor in cases involving abducted teens.
I also get that LE is speaking cautiously. But I think we've seen enough cases here to know that there are sickos out there who stalk play areas in hopes of finding an unsupervised child - even a 5 year old - for their own twisted pleasure.

At least we finally got some information on where the investigation is going. It does sound like LE is leaning towards a stranger abduction. If so then I hope they are continuing to keep the little girl in Smyrna in mind.

Thanks for the update!

I get that LE stressed the lack of evidence to indicate Dulce being deceased but I disagree with the thinking that therefore she's still alive. IMO if this was a stranger abduction it's much more likely that she was taken for sexual purposes rather than by someone looking to "replace" a child. From the link:

I also get that LE is speaking cautiously. But I think we've seen enough cases here to know that there are sickos out there who stalk play areas in hopes of finding an unsupervised child - even a 5 year old - for their own twisted pleasure.

At least we finally got some information on where the investigation is going. It does sound like LE is leaning towards a stranger abduction. If so then I hope they are continuing to keep the little girl in Smyrna in mind.
If you're leaning toward the little girl Smyrna DE as possibly being Dulce, remember this child was found before Dulce went missing. Otherwise I'd love to make that connection and "solve" 2 cases at the same time.

If you're leaning toward the little girl Smyrna DE as possibly being Dulce, remember this child was found before Dulce went missing. Otherwise I'd love to make that connection and "solve" 2 cases at the same time.
I don't think the little girl is Dulce. Clearly they are two separate kids. LE said they haven't found a connection (i.e. a single perpetrator) between the two cases per the linked article. What I meant was that I'm not convinced there's no connection and I hope LE will keep an open mind.

I should have been clearer.

Last edited:
I don't think the little girl is Dulce. Clearly they are two separate kids. LE said they haven't found a connection (i.e. a single perpetrator) between the two cases per the linked article. What I meant was that I'm not convinced there's no connection and I hope LE will keep an open mind.

I should have been clearer.
No problem. I was not following your point very well. My fault. I continue to wish and hope Dulce will be found and Smyrna baby girl will get a name. Hard to believe neither has happened in all this time.

When there was a vehicle seen leaving shown on video at the exact time Dulce went missing why was it verified to NOT be suspect?!!
Verified but not why.
I still think that the person that grabbed her was driving that vehicle.

This is a good question. I think there is more to the story about the red van. I wonder what other types of vehicles are being investigated. Per the latest article Darling136 posted:

Garrabrant said they’ve ruled out every vehicle on camera except for about 10 to 12 because of a lack of a visible license plate or too general of a description. Some of the video isn’t very clear.

It’s not possible to get out of the park without being picked up on a nearby camera, he noted.

“We believe that, in all likelihood, we do have a suspect vehicle on video someplace.”

In my opinion, this new update from the FBI certainly blew the wind out of the sails of the recent, more positive update from the Bridgeton Chief of Police. Remember the Chief shared that they had a hot tip in Feb. but covid has temporarily stalled the investigation? This FBI update is so lame in spots that I'm seriously wondering if they are trying to do some kind of damage control--eg so that a POI won't think they are investigating him. I hope so.

FBI lame statements:

-If you are looking for a child to take the child, you go where children are,” said FBI special agent Daniel Garrabrant. “
(ok, so he sharing his expertise that people who are looking for a child go to where children are..because we never even thought of that?)

-“That’s one of the reasons that we believe that the target was a child, but it may not necessarily have been Dulce."
(Since it was a child who was actually abducted, I kinda believed also that a child was the target. Of course it could have been a random abduction).

-We’ve had cases like this across the country where offenders go to places where children are and they would have access to children and they wait for the opportunity.
(A brand new tidbit of information?).

FBI Statement re Dulce being alive:

-Nothing has been discovered to suggest otherwise, Garrabrant said. No physical remains have been found and searchers have combed the immediate area around the park. A hunting season has come and gone and nothing has been discovered in fields and woodlands surrounding Bridgeton, he added. "I’m working under the premise and the assumption that she’s still alive.”
(They believe Dulce was taken in a car. They know that she could have been taken away from Bridgeton and the surrounding area. Not finding her body in the area is not a reason to work this case as though she is alive. This seems like an artificial statement to me.)

FBI statement re motive for abduction:

-Investigators have found no evidence of a custody dispute between Dulce’s parents, Garrabrant said. The father has been interviewed by investigators and has also been cooperative, he said.
(Keep in mind that he states that no family member has been cleared. He cites that phone records expose correspondence re a planned family abduction. Obviously there was no evidence of that. Also the risk of a day time abduction from a public park seems unlikely. No mention of burner phones, or the lack of cooperation from Mexico in returning abducted children back to the USA, or the fact that, despite the risk, a daytime abduction of Dulce was successful. Just a few thoughts I had.)

-Really young kids, even infants, may be taken by someone looking to replace a child who was somehow lost, Garrabrant said, while a sexual motive is often a factor in cases involving abducted teens."
( I would like to see the statistics on how they have determined that young kids who are missing are taken to replace a child, versus taken by a sexual pervert. And if they remain missing, how do they know the motive? This statement certainly surprised me.)

Missing Bridgeton girl Dulce Alavez likely abducted in crime of opportunity, FBI agent says

YW and even the family spoke person seemed caught off guard with that statement lol
Norma claims that Perez had harassed her and threatened to take Dulce away plenty of times when he lived here, before he left for Mexico less than two years ago.
(Jackie turns to me and says: “I didn’t know that.”)
JMO
I think there are other things Jackie doesn’t know. The narrative was locked down tight from the very beginning.
I think it hampered the investigation.

Another new article about upcoming events as it's been nearly a year since Dulce disappeared:

Dulce disappeared from Bridgeton City Park during a family outing on Sept. 16, 2019.

Her family will return to that spot on Wednesday, Sept. 16, for a vigil slated for 5-7 p.m. The event is intended for family, friends and the community, explained Kim Phillip, who is assisting Dulce’s family. While she lives in Arkansas, Phillip said she works with families of the missing nationwide to help spread the word about cases like these.
Another event is slated for Sunday, Sept. 13, at the park. Called “Dulce’s Day,” the program will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and include a candlelight vigil and guest speakers, along with rock painting and face painting.
Events planned to mark year since 5-year-old Dulce Alavez disappeared from N.J. park
EUGCHNFOURCEPCKZAQN3JHUYYE.jpg

Haven't been on the thread in awhile and popped in hoping there had been an advancement.
Sigh.....

I still think there is a good possibility that this little girl's remains could be in the park. There is so much land to search there, and it's so easy to not "see" things outdoors. If this is the case, she will be discovered at some point, but who knows when. I do not think she is in Mexico.

On a related note, since this case, when I bicycle to a park near by me I immediately go in to "park monitor" mode. I scan for men there by themselves observing children, and I literally take a picture of them and any vehicle they are associated with. I know there are some just relaxing on a break or eating lunch....but hey - no need to be eyeballing the children as entertainment. Too creepy for me. I know this is a bit over the top, but who knows. I am surprised by how many men go to parks alone, and observe children playing.

Sorry to the guys - not trying to portray you all as a bunch of creepers; this is just the protector side that comes forth in these type of scenarios. Malls too.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Haven't been on the thread in awhile and popped in hoping there had been an advancement.
Sigh.....

I still think there is a good possibility that this little girl's remains could be in the park. There is so much land to search there, and it's so easy to not "see" things outdoors. If this is the case, she will be discovered at some point, but who knows when. I do not think she is in Mexico.

On a related note, since this case, when I bicycle to a park near by me I immediately go in to "park monitor" mode. I scan for men there by themselves observing children, and I literally take a picture of them and any vehicle they are associated with. I know there are some just relaxing on a break or eating lunch....but hey - no need to be eyeballing the children as entertainment. Too creepy for me. I know this is a bit over the top, but who knows. I am surprised by how many men go to parks alone, and observe children playing.

Sorry to the guys - not trying to portray you all as a bunch of creepers; this is just the protector side that comes forth in these type of scenarios. Malls too.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Add me to the list; the first thought I had about this case was that Dulce is in the park. 1100 acres is huge - over 5 million square yards! Remember Lizzy, whose body was a half block away and searchers missed it?

I think your "park monitoring" mode is a great idea, not only for the reasons you mention but also for your own personal safety. An LE friend taught me many years ago to always be aware of my surroundings when I'm out alone. It seems that would-be attackers are more inclined to go after someone who appears distracted. There were more tips but that one really stuck with me.

caught my attention.....

* “Jackie Rodriguez, a former spokesperson who no longer works with the family on the case, even spoke about the topic on the Dr. Phil Show last year.

"(She) seems too calm. She knows that that child is ok. She's missing her, but I think she knows that the child is ok," Rodriguez told Dr. Phil in December.

Rodriguez still stands by those statements.

"She might know something. She could be scared and she can be protecting her daughter in some kind of way," said Rodriguez.”

She no longer works with the family?
————-

* “One thing is for sure, according to Gaimari, the community is still withholding information.

"I can say that we still firmly believe that there are people in the public that have information that they're not sharing with us," he said.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back