Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that he entered through the window.
That type of shutters is easy to lift for an experienced burglar. (I know this)
Edit:
I know this because it happened to my parents once.
He probably closed the window behind him and exited through the door.

Yes they're easy to lift, even if windows isn't that easy to open. Problem here is that no officer ever saw that window open in crime scene and LE opinion is that you can't do all that without leaving any forensic evidence. So, perhaps CB using that windows is an imaginary scenario. His modus operandi must be different here.

If you look closely at the shutters you can see that they are open. As in: they had been opened by someone.
There is a gap of about 10-15cm at the bottom and the perforations are visible.

When shutters are properly closed, completely closed, there is no gap and the perforations are invisible.

Experienced burglars have their own way to lift these shutters so they can creep inside. Once inside they let the shutter slide back down again, but the shutter won't close completely any more.

Yes they're easy to lift, even if windows isn't that easy to open. Problem here is that no officer ever saw that window open in crime scene and LE opinion is that you can't do all that without leaving any forensic evidence. So, perhaps CB using that windows is an imaginary scenario. His modus operandi must be different here.
MN never left forensic evidence behind.
And yet he managed to do all the stuff he did.

CB also didn't leave any forensic traces, at least that seems to be so up to now.

The only forensic trace he left behind after having raped the old lady was ONE hair. That's it. After everything that he had done in that house.

ONE hair.

If you look closely at the shutters you can see that they are open. As in: they had been opened by someone.
There is a gap of about 10-15cm at the bottom and the perforations are visible.

When shutters are properly closed, completely closed, there is no gap and the perforations are invisible.

Experienced burglars have their own way to lift these shutters so they can creep inside. Once inside they let the shutter slide back down again, but the shutter won't close completely any more.

Yes. What you see is completely different from what was claimed by witnesses. Kate said to police room's door was completely open, window open, shutters up and curtains set apart.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_61.jpg

From her book:

"[...] the closed curtains flew up in a gust of wind. [...] the window was wide open and the shutters on the outside raised all way up."

In: "Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her". Kate McCann. Bantam Press. 2011. Page 72.

Last edited:
MN never left forensic evidence behind.
And yet he managed to do all the stuff he did.

CB also didn't leave any forensic traces, at least that seems to be so up to now.

The only forensic trace he left behind after having raped the old lady was ONE hair. That's it. After everything that he had done in that house.

ONE hair.

I'm not aware of those details, but I'm sure he left scores of forensic evidence behind or you couldn't put him in jail for life.

But you'd state that you opened shutters to check street, not that you found them open, Super. There's a subtle difference if I make myself clear.
But maybe if had time to sit down with accompanying friends would have more capacity to formulate an agreed approach. I think in such a desperate situation many of us would do the same as they did

Yes. What you see is completely different from what was claimed by witnesses. Kate said to police room's door was completely open, window open, shutters up and curtains set apart.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_61.jpg

From her book:

"[...] the closed curtains flew up in a gust of wind. [...] the window was wide open and the shutters on the outside raised all way up."

In: "Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her". Kate McCann. Bantam Press. 2011. Page 72.
This is my point about statements, memory recall and what witnesses want the outcome to be

This is my point about statements, memory recall and what witnesses want the outcome to be

Because of all that, my point is that windows is an imaginary scenario. It's unsound to think otherwise. We can create as many imaginary scenarios as we like, but I prefer to use all evidence available and nothing more.

Yes, I think we are saying the same thing

I'm saying windows is an imaginary scenario, but I think you're telling it's a real one so perhaps we're talking about things diametrically opposite. I wouldn't ever say we're saying the same thing. I have my own argumentation and you're free to discuss it if you like.

Would be great to know about CB's rumored confessions of the way he bragged around the modus operandi.

<modsnip: Discussing moderation or removed posts is not allowed>

AFAIK there had been infos about a unlocked patio door?! Or front door? Not a problem to check it for 6 of 7 "holi-days"! Wouldn't it be the easiest way to break, enter and leave?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be great to know about CB's rumored confessions of the way he bragged around the modus operandi.

<modsnip: Discussing moderation or removed posts is not allowed>

AFAIK there had been infos about a unlocked patio door?! Or front door? Not a problem to check it for 6 of 7 "holi-days"! Wouldn't it be the easiest way to break, enter and leave?!
I think the patio door was unlocked, and the front door was locked but can be opened from the inside. So CB could have gone in through the window, out by the door. I will try to find this

Last edited by a moderator:
Front door locked, patio door unlocked
As usual, every half hour and as the restaurant was near, the witness or his wife, would check whether the children were all right. In this way, at about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine. "He then went to the WC" where he remained for a few moments, left, and bumped into a person he had played tennis with and who had a child's push chair, he was also British, he had a short conversation with him, "returning after that to the restaurant." At about 21.30 his friend Matt (member of the group) went to the apartment, where his children were and on his way went to the witness' apartment, entering by means of a glass sliding door that was always unlocked
P.J. POLICE FILES: GERRY MCCANN'S STATEMENT 04 MAY 2007

Front door unlocked
he left with KATE by the rear door which he consequently closed but did not lock given that that is only possible from the inside. Referring to the front door, while he is certain that it was closed it is unlikely that it was locked as [because] they had left by the rear door.
P.J. POLICE FILES: GERRY MCCANN'S STATEMENT 10 MAY 2007

Maybe the shutters and window were later closed to not disturb the twins? So many people inside that apartment, so many things could've happened in the heat of the moment, no one was thinking clearly. I still think about that statement of "CB knowing details of the case that only the suspect would've known", just makes me think if there is/are things that were never published to the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member