Identified! VA - Shoosmith Landfill, WhtFem UP6642, 20-35, w/ Richmond trash, Aug'86 - Christy Lynn Floyd

The man in the picture is already named. What amazes and deeply annoys me is that there is obviously somebody named the police wants (has IMO) to talk to (guy on the picture with her). This person, wanted for other crimes and still not caught, went of the Virginia wanted pages and is still not put on it again now. (as for yesterday when I looked).

CeCe Moore has posted on her personal FB page that this young man may have been named. The link that’s being provided is when he was profiled on America’s Most Wanted in 2008. There are comments under the link.

Christopher Adams - Virginia - 2005 | America's Most Wanted Fans (an unofficial fan page for America's Most Wanted & In Pursuit with John Walsh)

Wild that the man in the photo is apparently a child molester and she was only a teen at the time. Agree that his body language is very possessive in that photo and it looks very creepy. She looks sad and scared — her eyebrows are up in the middle and she’s making the microexpression for sadness. I wonder if she was abused by him.

"Atkins(sister) and Floyd grew up together in a foster home in Lexington, but ran away as teenagers to live with their mother in Richmond.

The sisters lived with their mother in the 2800 block of West Grace Street in Richmond, and enjoyed hanging out at a popular teenage dance club called The Cellar Door, where the music venue The Broadberry is currently located. Floyd worked nearby at the Hardee’s off of what is now Arthur Ashe Boulevard.

It was while working at the Hardee’s one night in June 1986 that a 16-year-old Floyd met an 18-year-old boy and decided to run away with him. When her mother called the boy’s family threatening to press statutory rape charges if Floyd wasn’t returned, she was brought back home the following morning.

Atkins says she spent about 30 minutes with her sister that morning before heading out to grab something to eat.

“When I came back, my mom was asleep on the sofa, the back door was wide open, the alley door was wide open, and I never seen her again,” said Atkins, who described her sister as kind, quiet and possessing a love of animals and basketball.

Though a missing persons police report was filed in Richmond, Atkins says the detectives never took their claim seriously.

...Investigators have released photos of Floyd, including one with a male friend whose identity is unknown. The male friend is not a suspect or person of interest, but detectives would like to speak with him. Kim Atkins says the male friend’s first name is Chris, and that he also dated her sister during the two-year timeframe that she lived in Richmond."

Investigators identify remains of 1986 homicide victim | Chesterfield Observer

A few questions I have,

So Christy and her sister ran away from their foster home to live with their mother.
  • Did the foster parents report them missing?
  • If their mother didn't have custody how was she able to keep them if this was discovered?

Regarding the 18 year old boy,
  • was he a co-worker or customer? They word it like she just met him that day. But yet her mother somehow had access to his parent's phone number and she was returned the next day. Seems his identity was once known. Could her original missing report have this information?
  • Could she have snuck back out to him and was killed so he wouldn't get charged?
  • Could this boy's family be responsible? To protect him from charges?

Regarding the boy in the photo, her sister clears it up in this article that he was a friend that used to date her sister sometime during them living there.
  • Could he still be a suspect though? Found out about the other boy and been possessive since they have history?

According to her Doe Network casefile, her estimated date of death was June 1st and she was found Aug 7th. She was likely killed that day or shortly after she went missing. Imo the key is finding out who that 18 year old boy was. Even possible his family acted without his knowledge though.

"It appears that the remains were kept in a relatively cool environment such as a refrigerator, or in a semi-air tight container to delay decomposition."

900UFVA

What I am curious about is why articles are saying he is not considered a suspect.

They also called him a male friend and then in another article said they were dating, imo very different things.
I had the same thought but I kinda think that LE is just saying he’s not a suspect so he isn’t afraid to talk to them...

Do we know the birthdate of the 'friend' in the picture with Christy? He looks a bit older than her like he could be nineteen or in his early 20s. The missing SO is still missing as of 2019 I've found out according to some site where his children have posted.

Because the killer was so brutal — hacking at her body with some type of saw, leaving only torso and leg behind, dumping her into the garbage — it wouldn’t be out of character if he ripped her uterus out or something. Probably wasn’t a “hysterectomy” at all. Rest In Peace, Christy.

Because the killer was so brutal — hacking at her body with some type of saw, leaving only torso and leg behind, dumping her into the garbage — it wouldn’t be out of character if he ripped her uterus out or something. Probably wasn’t a “hysterectomy” at all. Rest In Peace, Christy.

The PM found she'd had a hysterectomy and had a scar on her abdomen from the operation.

I found this article from 2020 with interviews from the family. Don't know if it has already been posted. According to the family the detective working Christy's case wasn't kind to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back