MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

Just learned about Eric after catching the episode on Disappeared. I’d never heard of this case so headed straight here. I’m still catching up on all the details. Was there a good timeline created? I guess I’ll be searching. I’m so sorry Eric’s mom, I hope justice is served sooner rather than later.

Just learned about Eric after catching the episode on Disappeared. I’d never heard of this case so headed straight here. I’m still catching up on all the details. Was there a good timeline created? I guess I’ll be searching. I’m so sorry Eric’s mom, I hope justice is served sooner rather than later.

There is a narrative on the about section of Eric's FB page that I've tried to keep updated. His mom runs the page. I just update as needed

I just read on Eric's FB-page that the jacket on the remains found last year in the Saginaw area is similar to one Eric had.
His mother posted a picture of him wearing it.
They are still waiting on DNA results to come back.
Find Eric Lee Franks

I'm hoping this year will bring answers and justice for Eric and his loving family!

43.417251, -83.957656
202871-e0bdd8912fdebc03f74ba8f7cc961308.jpg
202872-f68b6fbda3fc5ec747726c926aaeacda.jpg

It looks like a boat, boat/maybe car, and a truck or car in the river by the airport.

Attachments

• car1.JPG
    car1.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 53
  • car2.JPG
    car2.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 45
This is the case that 1st brought me here. Any time I hear or read anything about Saginaw I think of Eric and his mom. I too have an adopted son and feel so heart broken for her.

Same. I had sampled this site previously but I remember I didn't register until being infuriated by this case and how the obvious perpetrators were allowed to slide.

The daughter needs to be pressured. Year after year. Any new friend should be made aware of her past and what she almost certainly knows. If she is on social media then those friends need to be alerted. That's the only logical path toward any meaningful answers. She might have a fleck of conscience, especially given Eric's bloodlines. The husband is obviously a career jerk/criminal and will be content to remain silent and smug as he no doubt commits other atrocities of various degrees against society.

Agreed, sadly, the daughter does need to be asked, but away from step-dad.

We sure know her Grandma loves her, and other adults really made quite a mess around her.

I was just going to post about the car.... thank you fasteddie8170 !!

I am so excited. I so hope this leads to finding Eric, too. His mom has waited and worked her heart out for answers and for her son.

Folks, I just want to encourage you that this huge clue came as a result of a person who cares about the missing enough to give of their time, think hard and help dig.

One person like you decided to run a CarFax report on the plate at just the right moment.

Had they run it a couple of weeks ago, the records would not yet have been in the CarFax database.

Had a mechanic not been on vacation, the oil change that shows on that CarFax in Clare would not have been done at a reporting repair facility.

We've had a lot of leads that went no where through all this, but I just wanted to thank you and encourage you - this stuff really does matter.

Shocking find: Car of Mid-Michigan man missing for 9 years found in Clare

The Michigan State Police confirms the car in Clare is Franks' 2001 Chevy Malibu and its now with the Michigan State Police Crime Lab.

Police will not confirm where the car was for all these years in Saginaw, but through court records, ABC12 News can confirm it was in a garage in a west side neighborhood. The home has a connection to a woman Eric had a child with, KXXXXX FXXXXXXXXX.

Name redacted per WS Terms of Service, KF has not been named as a POI in Mr. Franks' disappearance AFAIK.

I'm not surprised. Saddened, nauseated, sure; not surprised.

KF died in Florida in 2016.
it would be interesting to know if she still had property in Michigan when she died where the car was stored or if some other relative of hers was storing the car and passed away.

“The vehicle was recently recovered from a car lot,” Michigan State Police said. “It had been purchased in an estate sale and then sold. We do know which car dealership it was recovered from, but we don’t want to release that right now. We want to make sure we have our ducks in a row.”

Cold case: Car of man missing since 2011 turns up in northern Michigan

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991