Death of Leandus Pickens/Looking for Volunteers

She states DBs verison of events is the only way it could have happened but the crime scene reconstruction report found they could not confirm his version of events, also LE was very against DBs story and i cant imagine what made them come around so drastically
She doesn't exactly say that in my reading. She says that the evidence supports their story and there is no credible evidence that contradicts DB and Arsenio's story.

They don't usually process the residue tests if the person admits to doing the shooting. The tests are used to prove someone shot a gun when they are saying they didn't. When you know without a doubt who did the shooting, they admit without reservation they did the shooting, evidence such as residue and dna are just held until the testing needs to be done. It's a waste of lab time and tax dollars doing otherwise.
I totally understand and agree with what your saying, I just felt like her statement was misleading because some evidence was unprocessed (not that it would make a difference) IMO thats not checking every possibility. Its just semantics at the end of the day though

She doesn't exactly say that in my reading. She says that the evidence supports their story and there is no credible evidence that contradicts DB and Arsenio's story.
also there are a couple different verison of a very similar article ive read that add/subtract certain things so i might be looking at a different thing

Is this a picture of a home security system at MB's house? It looks like you can see the cars in the driveway. If it is then why would MB not look at that and see whose vehicle is in his driveway before taking such drastic measures as calling police and getting a gun? He admits to knowing Mr. Pickens for years before this night and would definitely recognize the vehicle.
a29zq-hsc7b.jpg
It was on the table and there was someone behind the curtains when he arrived, at least that seems to be what the evidence is saying. He probably didn't have the time to look at the monitor. I can see how frightening it would be to enter a room and suddenly realize there is someone hiding behind the curtains when the house shouldn't have anyone in it. Which car was Leandus' car? I can't access the "thumb" part of the evidence.

I totally understand and agree with what your saying, I just felt like her statement was misleading because some evidence was unprocessed (not that it would make a difference) IMO thats not checking every possibility. Its just semantics at the end of the day though
Semantics are very important. You have a good point. I think the biggest reason that the evidence is collected and not processed is because the prosecution won't need it. If the defense needs it, the prosecution will give them a portion and let them test it. That way it comes out of the defense budget and not the prosecution budget. Yes, I am cynical!

It was on the table and there was someone behind the curtains when he arrived, at least that seems to be what the evidence is saying. He probably didn't have the time to look at the monitor. I can see how frightening it would be to enter a room and suddenly realize there is someone hiding behind the curtains when the house shouldn't have anyone in it. Which car was Leandus' car? I can't access the "thumb" part of the evidence.
MB was already at home and in the house when Mr. Pickens showed up in his 911 call he told the dispatcher that someone was knocking on his door and ringing his doorbell, he said that he was going to get his gun and dispatch told him to wait that police were on the way. He then hung up from 911 and called back a short time later stating that he had shot once through the window because he heard someone out there and when he pulled the blinds back he realized it was Mr. Pickens so he pulled him into the house and onto the floor in the living room. Which none of that makes sense to me but that is what he stated as facts to 911 and the police when they interviewed him.

MB was already at home and in the house when Mr. Pickens showed up in his 911 call he told the dispatcher that someone was knocking on his door and ringing his doorbell, he said that he was going to get his gun and dispatch told him to wait that police were on the way. He then hung up from 911 and called back a short time later stating that he had shot once through the window because he heard someone out there and when he pulled the blinds back he realized it was Mr. Pickens so he pulled him into the house and onto the floor in the living room. Which none of that makes sense to me but that is what he stated as facts to 911 and the police when they interviewed him.
Do you have a police report saying that? Or a link of some sort? I would think the dust on the outside window sill would be transferred to Leandus' clothing if that happened. The dust wasn't disturbed.

I looked it up, his 911 call begins with
The second 911 call began with Brown telling a dispatcher, "Someone just came through my window, and I just shot them."

"I thought it was a burglar," Brown said.

"Are they still alive?" the dispatcher asked.

"Yes," Brown said. "Right now they are."
The first 911 call was about the pounding on the door. Doubts persist in 'castle doctrine' shooting case in Anderson

MB said LP came through a window behind these blinds and that he shot LP while he was still behind them. There was no damage to the blinds and it appears that none of the planters got knocked over during all of this this!

Attachments

• DSC_3117.JPG
    DSC_3117.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 21
MB said LP came through a window behind these blinds and that he shot LP while he was still behind them. There was no damage to the blinds and it appears that none of the planters got knocked over during all of this this!
The blinds are parallel blinds so it's reasonable that someone could be unrecognizable and be seen and shot without damaging the blinds, if there were no damage. I can tell we definitely don't have all the evidence. We can't even be totally sure that is the window he came in through since the police also have other windows they took pics of. I would think it was that window because it is just a small step into the house. There was still dust on the outer sill. So he would have had to step through into the house. It's hard to tell how close the plants are to the window. It seems that there was no blood spatter so damage could be minimum to none outside the body. The EMS was able to check the body and remove the body without disturbing the plants, so they must not be very close to the window.

Does anyone know what the "thumb drive" part of the case has in it? Nothing will open it for me. Are the police reports there? I think reading the police reports would cast light on this case. I would like to read all of Arsenio's witness statements, since all we know is that a polygraph says no deception. What exactly does he say? What did the crime scene look like? Was Leandus taken to a hospital or was he dead when they arrived? Does anyone know the answers?

Does anyone know what the "thumb drive" part of the case has in it? Nothing will open it for me. Are the police reports there? I think reading the police reports would cast light on this case. I would like to read all of Arsenio's witness statements, since all we know is that a polygraph says no deception. What exactly does he say? What did the crime scene look like? Was Leandus taken to a hospital or was he dead when they arrived? Does anyone know the answers?
its nothing that detailed unfortunatly
OneDrive

The blinds are parallel blinds so it's reasonable that someone could be unrecognizable and be seen and shot without damaging the blinds, if there were no damage. I can tell we definitely don't have all the evidence. We can't even be totally sure that is the window he came in through since the police also have other windows they took pics of. I would think it was that window because it is just a small step into the house. There was still dust on the outer sill. So he would have had to step through into the house. It's hard to tell how close the plants are to the window. It seems that there was no blood spatter so damage could be minimum to none outside the body. The EMS was able to check the body and remove the body without disturbing the plants, so they must not be very close to the window.
i cant mentally picture how someone could have taken the screen of that window and climbed right in (given the height off the ground) but somehow the blinds and plants and still intact and theres no dust anywhere

Reactions: KAE
i cant mentally picture how someone could have taken the screen of that window and climbed right in (given the height off the ground) but somehow the blinds and plants and still intact and theres no dust anywhere
And the EMS checked him out and somebody moved him without needing to move the plants. It must be that window since that seems to be the only window open without a screen on it. I wonder if he chose that window because it didn't have a screen. The window next to it is much larger and would be easier to use but it has a screen. Perhaps they kept that window unscreened to be able to enter if locked out? Kinda defeats the purpose of a home security system to have windows unlocked and unscreened. One thing it does show is that Leandus was a frequent visitor to the house. He knew the plants were going to be there and was probably moving sideways to avoid the plants while having the parallel drapes still sliding along with him.

I've looked at the files and information we were given over and over just to see if there is any way I missed something but I keep coming back to the same conclusion this didn't happen the way MB reported. Even if he did shoot Mr. Pickens through the window without damaging the blinds or the window in any way there is still the fact that no way would he be able to pull him through that window without getting blood on the outside of the window frame, disturbing the dust and dirt that was on that window sill or knocking over the plants that were sitting in front of the window. Also when a person is shot they are more than likely not going to keep standing there at the window they're either going to fall to the ground or run the other way trying to escape. Given that Mr. Pickens was heavily intoxicated in my opinion he would be more likely to fall to the ground. It would be extremely difficult to pull a man of Pickens size through that window when he is in no condition to help with the movement. MB lies numerous times to 911 when he states that Pickens was still breathing in fact it was stated that with that gun shot wound disecting his heart he wouldn't have live longer than a few seconds. The lawyer stating that it would be hard for anyone to tell if he was still breathing I beg to differ he would have known he was no longer alive if he bothered to check at all. Of course this is all just MOO

Adams comments on death of Leandus Pickens - 94.1 - The Lake / WSNW

I have an issue with what is said in this article. Adams states that the second party witness backs up the statements and timeline MB gave for what happened. However, the witness told LE that he was in his room, seen and heard nothing. So if he didn’t see or hear anything how can he back up MB’s story? Here is the link to the report that says witness knew nothing.
Shooting death draws clashing opinions

Also in the above article it states that the autopsy report states that Mr. Pickens was shot in a downward direction. Which I do not believe would be consistent with MB blindly shooting straight at the blinds as he stated. For the bullet to travel downward he would have to be shooting from over Pickens is the only way I can see that shot happening.

I've looked at the files and information we were given over and over just to see if there is any way I missed something but I keep coming back to the same conclusion this didn't happen the way MB reported. Even if he did shoot Mr. Pickens through the window without damaging the blinds or the window in any way there is still the fact that no way would he be able to pull him through that window without getting blood on the outside of the window frame, disturbing the dust and dirt that was on that window sill or knocking over the plants that were sitting in front of the window. Also when a person is shot they are more than likely not going to keep standing there at the window they're either going to fall to the ground or run the other way trying to escape. Given that Mr. Pickens was heavily intoxicated in my opinion he would be more likely to fall to the ground. It would be extremely difficult to pull a man of Pickens size through that window when he is in no condition to help with the movement. MB lies numerous times to 911 when he states that Pickens was still breathing in fact it was stated that with that gun shot wound disecting his heart he wouldn't have live longer than a few seconds. The lawyer stating that it would be hard for anyone to tell if he was still breathing I beg to differ he would have known he was no longer alive if he bothered to check at all. Of course this is all just MOO
Mr Pickens was shot inside the house, that's what the police say. Mr Pickens was surrounded by EMS and then removed from the house without bothering the plants. It seems that he was familiar with the room and knew the plants were there and may have been edging along the wall to avoid them. It was only a short step over the sill and you'd be in the room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back