Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is CR? I thought it was interesting that in the famous call from LVD to CD during the search (he was in his vehicle; she was in prison) that he told her to talk to MM. Did he select the lawyer? He lived in ID for years- had property, a business... makes sense to me he has at least one lawyer, but did LVD already have a lawyer she had done business with before in ID? It made it sound to me as if CD picked out LVD's lawyer, but IMO, maybe I am jumping to conclusions based on nothing much.
CR=Colby Ryan

I know we differ on this m/m indicolite22 but is there evidence CD actually slept with anyone else? He could have been a flirt but did he cross that line? Perhaps yes, if Tammy was as fed up with Chad as those articles state. It would have adversely affected his revered status within his group if he did actually have an affair. His *followers* knew he was married. But I can see your point if indeed he was just waiting for a woman admirer to take his bait (Lori). I believe she is the only one who slept with him and that was to seal the deal on her part. He couldn’t resist LV sexually and thus became drunk with lust. I think sex was a powerful tool in LV’s toolbox.

I too am unconvinced that CD was a successful lothario. I do wonder if the alleged money problems came from him traveling around to conferences and doing whatever lectures he did, but spending not making money on these trips. It would have been a powerful pain for TD if she worked at her daily job making not-all-that-much money and CD was just spending it. IMO.

Sometimes, I see Chad’s light/dark ratings and zombie theory as a response to Lori’s need for reasons to remove obstacles to her idea of “the good life.” His reward for his service would be getting to share it with her.

Did CD ever go to Hawaii before? That was a LVD objective, right? Be in Hawaii.

article I just found: Hawaii Resident Talks About Thrift Store Encounter With Chad Daybell

It is Lori’s favorite place on the island, according to Woodcock, and in February 2019, Lori and Tylee checked into the resort after Charles Vallow, Lori’s husband, filed for divorce. They stayed for around a month, according to resort workers, and then returned to the mainland.

Woodcock was surprised when she learned last summer that Lori was moving to Rexburg.

“She is a very cold-natured person. When she moved to Idaho, I thought that was extremely unusual because if it’s below 80 degrees, she’s cold. She’s got a jacket on,” Woodcock tells EastIdahoNews.com.

Chad and Lori Daybell have been in Hawaii for at least a month in gated million-dollar community | East Idaho News

Last edited:
Just maybe her roomate in jail saw LVD running her hand down her body meant LVD was going to offer MM herself as payment? I think so. It's pretty possible with a person like her. jmo (might be why he was there every day, day after day). yep

Last edited:
I can’t find the timeline on this, so forgive me if this is a silly thought. Is it possible Chad manipulated Tammy to quit playing Farmland because others knew she played it and would notice she’d stopped? That would have supported his claim that she was very ill. How many people knew the Grandma Lucille story in real time?
I think this is a valid thought. Also most people play video games as escape from daily life.

I too am unconvinced that CD was a successful lothario. I do wonder if the alleged money problems came from him traveling around to conferences and doing whatever lectures he did, but spending not making money on these trips. It would have been a powerful pain for TD if she worked at her daily job making not-all-that-much money and CD was just spending it. IMO.
well he was a "famous" author after all

Yes, I'll be shortening this up a bit.... just wanted to get all my notes from the last hearing in one place. :)

Thursday, Sept. 8th:
*Arraignment Hearing (Fremont Co) (@ 10am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen 9/23/19 & Tylee on 9/8/19, Rexburg; found 6/9/20 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – for *Lori Norene Vallow-Daybell (46/now 47) arrested (in Hawaii) & charged (2/20/20) with 2 counts of felony desertion & nonsupport of dependent children (<dismissed on 7/2/20), amended (7/2/20) charged with resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. $5M bond. Bond reduced (3/6/20) to $1M. Bond reduced (7/17/20) to $150K. Madison County
Trial set to begin on 1/25/21 (thru 1/29/21)
Guardianship hearing on 9/30/20.
7/17/20 Update: Defense attorney Mark Means requests a week for jury trial for this case. Vallow waived right to speedy trial asks for 6 months to prepare their case. Jury trial set for Jan 25-29, 2021 beginning 9am - Madison County: Judge was not prepared to take up the issue of bond today. Bond reduced to $150K ($50k for each charge). If she posts bond additional stipulation is no contact with co-conspirators. Pretrial conference hearing on 1/4/21.

Charged (6/30/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Bond set at $1M. Fremont County
Court info from 3/5/20 thru 7/30/20 reference post #1258 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

8/6/20 Update: Vallow waives preliminary hearing set for 8/10-8/11. Expect case to move to district court. Spokesperson for Special Prosecutor Rob Wood confirms the waiver. Now a date will be set in district court for Vallow’s arraignment where she will plead guilty or not guilty to the charges. Attorney Mark Means has officially filed the motion. There will be a hearing at 11:30 a.m. Today, 8/6/20.
8/6/20 Update: Fremont County: Vallow confirms she is doing this freely & voluntarily waives her right to preliminary hearing. 8/11/20: Order Binding Defendant over to District Court. The Honorable Faren Z. Eddins presided. The State was represented by Robert H. Wood. The defendant appeared in person & thru counsel, Mark LeRoy Means. The court reviewed the evidence & testimony & concluded that there is substantial evidence that the public offenses - Count 1 & 2: Evidence-(Conspiracy) Destruction, Alteration or Concealment - were committed in Fremont County, & found probable cause to believe the defendant committed said offense. Therefore the defendant be bounce over to the district court & held to answer to the charges. Bond is set at $1M. Arraignment hearing on 8/27/20 in front of Judge Dane H. Watkins, Jr.
8/7/20 Update: Police in Arizona will eventually ask prosecutors to file charges against Lori Vallow Daybell in connection to the 2019 homicide of her former husband, Charles Vallow. Chandler Police spokesman Sgt. Jason McClimans confirmed that detectives plan to submit their case to the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office as early as December, but still have a ways to go in their investigation. “Our detectives are still going through active search warrants and subpoenas,” McClimans said. The charges against Vallow could vary and are up to the prosecutor, but police indicate a conspiracy to commit murder charge is possible. Sgt. Jason A. McClimans with the Chandler Police Dept. confirmed to 2News on Thursday (8/6/20) that "if and when they go over to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office, one [charge] will be conspiracy to commit murder." McClimans said other charges, if any, are unknown at this time. Charles Vallow filed for divorce in Feb. 2019. A month later he dismissed the petition. On April 2, 2019 he sent his attorneys this email. He wanted to make his marriage work. “Love always wins.” 3 months later he was shot & killed by Lori Vallow’s brother Alex. On July 11, 2019 - Lori Vallow is shown speaking to police after her husband Charles was shot and killed by her brother Alex Cox. Cox told police it was self-defense because Charles allegedly hit him w/ a metal bat. Cox died in December & Gilbert PD continues to investigate his death.
8/17/20 Update: Vallow: Request for discovery. Motion for extension of time to file motion for transfer to trial pursuant to I.C.R. 21. Arraignment on 8/27 has been rescheduled to 9/10/20 at 10am.
8/17/20 Update: Defense files Motion for extension of time to file motion for transfer of trial (to 60 days after initial appearance). 8/19/20 Update: Defense files Orders regarding notices of remote hearing & livestreaming. 8/24/20: Rob Wood, who will be the prosecuting attorney in both the Vallow & Daybell cases, filed his own requests this week. Wood has asked that the defense in both cases to notify him within 14 days if either defendant “intends to raise any issue of mental condition.” The document was filed Monday, meaning defense attorneys have until August 31 to notify Wood if their client plans to use their mental condition as a defense. 8/26/20: Defendant’s response to request for discovery.
9/1/20 Update: State’s Motion for Joinder & Memo in Support of Motion for Joinder.
*Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 52) – Pretrial conference hearing 12/8/20. Trial set to begin on 1/11/21.

Sometimes, I see Chad’s light/dark ratings and zombie theory as a response to Lori’s need for reasons to remove obstacles to her idea of “the good life.” His reward for his service would be getting to share it with her.

I was struck by MG's description of them like "gasoline" and "fire," insinuating that the combination was more deadly than either alone.

But, I think the necessary deaths of spouses and of her children were a construct of Chad's. He was overheard making comments that the plan couldn't move forward as long as the spouses were alive. Lori (in the past) just divorced and moved on. I think Chad wanted them to seem (as a couple) as though they hadn't dumped their spouses (because that would sully his reputation) but rather that they were righteous widow/widower, which would be more attractive to their followers.

LV already had money and a much better-looking husband. The only thing Chad could offer was something she viewed as "spiritual superiority," and I think he played on that. LV is narcissistic (JMOO), and she craved being a goddess.

Chad came up with the perfect story to justify the killings. Lori is a murderer, but Chad is more dangerous and evil than anyone suspects. JMOO, of course. He is the fire and LV is the gasoline to my mind.

I was struck by MG's description of them like "gasoline" and "fire," insinuating that the combination was more deadly than either alone.

But, I think the necessary deaths of spouses and of her children were a construct of Chad's. He was overheard making comments that the plan couldn't move forward as long as the spouses were alive. Lori (in the past) just divorced and moved on. I think Chad wanted them to seem (as a couple) as though they hadn't dumped their spouses (because that would sully his reputation) but rather that they were righteous widow/widower, which would be more attractive to their followers.

LV already had money and a much better-looking husband. The only thing Chad could offer was something she viewed as "spiritual superiority," and I think he played on that. LV is narcissistic (JMOO), and she craved being a goddess.

Chad came up with the perfect story to justify the killings. Lori is a murderer, but Chad is more dangerous and evil than anyone suspects. JMOO, of course. He is the fire and LV is the gasoline to my mind.

It's always bothered me, the analogy of gasoline and fire.... and that was before it was found that Tylee was burned in fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77