Found Deceased TX - Juan Santiago, 35, San Antonio *Distressed 911 Call*, June 2020

I can not listen to the video but I got this little snippet......
This is an edited portion:
Santiago: I’ve got a situation where I live at.
911: Yes sir.
Santiago: If you could track the phone down from where it’s at right now, you’ll know where I’m at.
The situation is you know, I had somebody, you know come here and try to rob me and all kind of things.
Please can you send somebody here?
911: Yes sir. "
Mystery continues to grow over Chelsea man’s disappearance, unexpected death of his girlfriend

From the "Bob Ward Boston 25" facebook page:
Bob Ward Boston 25
"Juan was last seen on 6/20/20 in San Antonio, TX where he moved with his girlfriend to find a new job and start a new life.
Instead something went radically wrong.
On 6/20, the girlfriend, distraught, called Juan’s family in Boston, telling them he took off from their hotel room.
Then she asked them for money.
Juan’s family spent days and weeks looking for him.
Then they found a disturbing 911 call Juan made to San Antonio Police shortly before he vanished.
In that call, Juan asked Police for help, saying he had been robbed.
Juan was never located.
Last week, the girlfriend returned to Massachusetts and made plans to talk to Chelsea Police.
But over the weekend, she suddenly died."

There is so much in that Jason Herbert youtube video. Here are a few things copied from the transcript (which is auto generated so probably not perfect):
"christina would 03:01 later call juan's family crying saying 03:03 he was missing and she needed five 03:05
hundred dollars 03:07 not long after christina would move 03:09 first to florida then back to 03:11 massachusetts where she would end up in 03:13 the hospital03:13 where she would die"

"what was 10:33 supposedly he had tooken when he ran out 10:36
the 9-1-1 10:37 i mean when he ran out the hotel that he 10:40 had grabbed 10:41
her wallet and her phone so when she 10:43 called hysterically she said that she
10:45 needed 10:46 um five hundred dollars i said i'm not 10:48 so we're not sending no money until we
10:50 you tell us exactly what happened to my 10:52 my nephew 10:53 then she called back six different times
10:56 asking for different 10:57 amounts like she kept on changing up the 11:00 amounts from what i understand"

"she's she said that supposedly that he 11:21 was arrested 11:22 and that they were holding him so she 11:24 needed the money for bail 11:26 my sister then said wait a minute so 11:28 what what 11:29 um what what jail are they holding him 11:31 in uh so give me the information 11:33 she freaked out and she goes i'm sorry 11:35 i'm sorry it was a misunderstanding"

"we got we had the ransom text messages 12:42 saying that they were hell he they were 12:44 cartel they were holding him hostage he 12:46 was very sick 12:47 he you know he was dying if we didn't 12:49 give him seven thousand dollars 12:51 then they were gonna kill him and this"

"took off running 14:44 he had no shoes on he left all his 14:47 belongings at that hotel room he was 14:49 staying at 14:50 including his wallet his id all his 14:52 cards 14:53 everything he had took off running now 14:55 in that 911 call i don't know if you 14:57 have 14:58 the whole 9-1-1 call he says he's 15:01 running for my life yeah i'm gonna call 15:04 you back and then he says actually i'm 15:06 gonna put you in my pocket 15:08 and you can hear him running you can 15:10 hear it swishing around like when you're 15:12 in somebody's pocket 15:13 yeah yeah no and he also said that they 15:16 were being robbed"

More from that transcript:
"08:18 and all of a sudden goes missing the 08:21 last thing he says
08:23 was they're putting me in a car license 08:25 plate number 08:26 and then the phone went dead so"

"i thought i heard you know i trusted you 17:24 why did you do this 17:25 do you you know they're not just gonna 17:27 let me go 17:29 yeah he's telling christine that he's 17:31 mad at 17:32 he's arguing with her he's clearly upset 17:35 with her"

Here's the section from the 911 call. It is auto generated and definitely has some problems so you're definitely better off listening to it in the youtube video. Some of the words are spoken by the 911 caller and some by the dispatcher and there are other things going on in the background that aren't even in the transcript:
"if you can track the phone down from 24:54 where it's at right now you know where 24:56 i'm at 24:57 are you it looks like a hotel i'm 24:58 showing um the situation is 25:02 you know i had somebody you know come in 25:03 and you know try to 25:05 try to rob me and all kinds of things 25:07 motel sits what's the room number there 25:09 please can you send somebody here yes 25:11 sir what's the room number there at the 25:12 hotel six 25:14 we had a motel six yes sir and um 25:18 in san antonio yes sir what's the room 25:20 number 25:22 i don't even know the blue number i just 25:23 moved here okay sir what happens 25:25 to you is it just yeah i know 25:40 hello yeah um yes sir i'll call you 25:42 right back well actually 25:44 let me talk to you so you get all the 25:46 full information 25:47 okay yes sir oh my god 25:52 yes sir we set this up to dispatch is 25:54 that a family member you're a human 25:56 he's not yes i'm at my girlfriend's 25:58 house okay it's her girlfriend 26:01 nope okay and is she already [ __ ] 26:08 mine 26:21 you need medical attention sir 26:23 everything okay over there that was all 26:25 all right yeah i'm looking at the car 26:27 right now any coping system 26:30 nice clean no coping"
Towards the end of the call the caller says "I had to run for my life", which was not picked up by the transcript. There's also some other questions from the dispatcher that are not answered. Then "I'll just keep going"

Came here looking for an update. Im in SA and the family was in town again this weekend gor another search. A mans decomposed body was found in a park near to this motel 6 where JS went missing from. The remains were there thru the summer so the ME said they were unable to say Anything certain. However the aunt says all demographics of the remains matched to JS except ME says the body is of a much older man. Family went back to Boston without answers but left dental records for further examination. Theres got to be something!! Phone records, this friend who is a local n recommended them to move here cuz hed help him get a job? Also, that particular area of town is awful n very dangerous.. Why would he let a friend stay in the area? Also if JS had su stance abuse issues could it make his remains seem older??

Boston family's search for man last seen in San Antonio running on few clues, desperation | kens5.com

"Friend has a job for him" sounds like a generic phrase used to make parents feel better about a situation they know their child shouldn't be getting into. IMO - This guy walked into a trap set up by his GF.

I hope for the family's sake he is found/identified soon so they can begin to heal and the search for answers can progress.

My amateur opinion...this is drug related. He did owe money. People were after him. He could have been paranoid for good reason. His girlfriend dying suddenly..OD?
Just a really bizarre case.
Hope the family finds closure.
I think his gf felt crazy guilty over whatever happened to Juan, whether it was her fault or not, and she probably OD'd whether intentional or unintentional :( JMO. Sad case all around

05fd7de1-a7c7-4575-b8f8-28c5117780cd_1920x1080.jpg

January 2, 2021 rbbm.
Family identifies remains of missing man found at Fort Sam Houston | kens5.com
''SAN ANTONIO — A family said skeletal remains found on Fort Sam Houston days ago belong to their loved one. Juan Santiago, who had just moved from Massachusetts had been missing since June. The family told KENS 5 the search is over for the 36-year-old.

Family members said Santiago came to San Antonio with his girlfriend in June to start a new life. They also say that within 24 hours, he made a frantic phone call to 911, and afterward he vanished.

The 36-year-old told the dispatcher he was being robbed while staying at this Motel 6 off I-35 near Rittiman Road. However, minutes later in the call, you hear Santiago running from an unknown person.

"I had to run for my life," he said on the call. "Call me back!"

'Running for my life' would be his last words. Now six months later, the family got devastating news. Just days ago, Joint Base San Antonio officials said partial human skeletal remains were found at Fort Sam Houston near Salado Creek in the northeast part of the installation. The family said those remains belong to Santiago''

The U.S. Air Force Joint Base San Antonio said in a press release the remains had been identified by dental comparison as Juan Santiago, a 37-year-old man who has been missing since June.

The remains were found at the JBSA-Fort Sam Houston base on Dec. 27, near Salado Creek.

Santiago had no known ties to the military, Air Force officials said.

In August, authorities in San Antonio sought the public's help in finding Santiago, saying he had traveled from Massachusetts to Texas with a friend in June to find employment.

An investigation by the Air Force Office of Special Investigations into the circumstances of his death remains ongoing.

05fd7de1-a7c7-4575-b8f8-28c5117780cd_1920x1080.jpg

January 2, 2021 rbbm.
Family identifies remains of missing man found at Fort Sam Houston | kens5.com
''SAN ANTONIO — A family said skeletal remains found on Fort Sam Houston days ago belong to their loved one. Juan Santiago, who had just moved from Massachusetts had been missing since June. The family told KENS 5 the search is over for the 36-year-old.

Family members said Santiago came to San Antonio with his girlfriend in June to start a new life. They also say that within 24 hours, he made a frantic phone call to 911, and afterward he vanished.

The 36-year-old told the dispatcher he was being robbed while staying at this Motel 6 off I-35 near Rittiman Road. However, minutes later in the call, you hear Santiago running from an unknown person.

"I had to run for my life," he said on the call. "Call me back!"

'Running for my life' would be his last words. Now six months later, the family got devastating news. Just days ago, Joint Base San Antonio officials said partial human skeletal remains were found at Fort Sam Houston near Salado Creek in the northeast part of the installation. The family said those remains belong to Santiago''
Thank you @dotr for staying on top of so many cases. I admire your tenacncity (sp?) & your help finding up to the hour updates. My sympathy is being sent to Juan's family & loved ones from Northern Texas tonight. May this tight knit family find solace in knowing he will be laid in peace with dignity and respect now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back