KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting. And as you mentioned in another post, it seemed like the Oxygen series was trying to play up Tommy possibly being on the verge of uncovering some sort of a bigger conspiracy just prior to his murder (I recall one interviewer mention that he had learned that this “goes far beyond Bardstown). To me, his doggedness in searching for his daughter and uncovering the truth was a more likely driving force.

In my opinion, the location and manner of Tommy’s murder significantly narrows the pool of potential culprits. It’s not like he was murdered at home, at work, or at a store he visited every day or two. The murderer or someone close to him had to either (1) know Tommy well enough to know that he would be hunting in that field or general area on the opening day of deer season, or have heard that he would be doing so (someone knowing he’d be there hunting on opening day is the most likely scenario, in my opinion), or (2) been surveilling him. It was just so brazen and well executed to walk from a car on the parkway to the fence line, assassinate him in front of his grandson with his son also reasonably near, and then escape undetected (presumably via the parkway). The killer must have been very confident Tommy would be there at that day/time. And I’m going to to guess that the killer or someone close to him knows the roads in the area very well and possibly the location of known surveillance cameras as well.

I know Tommy’s son mentioned that they went out to that specific property every year on the first day of rifle season. He mentioned something about his dad owning it for over 10-12 years, at the time of the interview. Crystal and Brooks had been together for about 3 yrs. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to assume that someone like Brooks, or anyone close to the family, would know that they would be out there that morning. I’d imagine that wasn’t the first year Crystal’s son went out with them. It’s also entirely possible that he had been invited before. It seemed to be a tradition.

It kind of reminds me of my mother in law’s yearly tradition. Every Black Friday I know what time she’s going to leave to start her shopping and I know what store she’s going to start at and which one she’s going to end at. I’ve never gone with her, but it’s definitely something she does every single year and has for a long time. Sherry Ballard has mentioned in a couple recent interviews that she hasn’t focused as much on Tommy’s death bc she genuinely believes his will be solved if they can solve Crystal’s. I think she’s right.

These murders IMO will be solved when they finally turn over the Nelson County conspiracy and corruption rock.[/QUOTE

what does the conspiracies involve in your opinion? Money laundering, drug trafficking, politics, organized crime? What does the local community lay the cause of corruption on?

what does the conspiracies involve in your opinion? Money laundering, drug trafficking, politics, organized crime? What does the local community lay the cause of corruption on?what does the conspiracies involve in your opinion? Money laundering, drug trafficking, politics, organized crime? What does the local community lay the cause of corruption on?

edted by me because something happened and included my question in the quote?!?!

what does the conspiracies involve in your opinion? Money laundering, drug trafficking, politics, organized crime? What does the local community lay the cause of corruption on?what does the conspiracies involve in your opinion? Money laundering, drug trafficking, politics, organized crime? What does the local community lay the cause of corruption on?

edted by me because something happened and included my question in the quote?!?!
That is a really big question, there are several things that have pointed to corruption within the Bardstown LE, one of them being that when Brooks Houck was being interview by LE about the disappearance of Crystal Rogers, Brooks brother Nick Houck called his brother during the interview and told him to leave the interview,( and at that time Nick Houck was a current Bardstown police officer) and that is what Brooks did. Then you have the fact that Tommy Ballard (Crystals Father) was killed while hunting on his own property with his grandson, there was evidence that tree limbs had been cut to make an ambush point that ran beside the highway that butted up to the Ballard property, Tommy had been extensively investigating the missing of his daughter Crystal Rogers.
And the first murder that started this mess is the only Narcotics K-9 officer was also ambushed at 2am in the morning on his way home from work, when someone put a bunch of brush in the middle of an off ramp of the highway knowing that Officer Ellis takes that route home and would get out to clear the brush over the road, he was found dead in the road with brush clutched in his hand and his service weapon had not been reached for, it has been long speculated that someone in LE was involved in Officer Ellis death as well as Tommy Ballard and you have Crystals boyfriends brother was a current LE officer when she went missing and was last seen on the family's farm property.
So there are several things that point to the speculation that some in LE are aware of what has happened in these cases and have been unwilling to do anything about them.
The FBI has finally been brought in after years of all of these cases lingering and since remains of an unknown female were found very close to the Houck family farm. They have not yet been identified as belonging to or not belonging to Crystal Rogers (they are at the FBI in Quantico VA)
There is also a unsolved double murder of of a teacher and her teen daughter at their home and there throats were slashed. Bardstown, KY is a very small community that has 5 unsolved murders, and without the FBI coming in now it seems that Bardstown LE and the Nelson County sheriff have had no plans on clearing these cases.
if you have not seen the docu-series on this case it is worth watching to be able to put all of these murders together, it can be found on the Oxygen network and also on youtube it is called "the case of Crystal Rogers"
There are other things I know about this case, as it is just a short drive from where I live, but since they have not been reported on yet by MSM I am unable to post about them at this time.
And for a direct question I think there is corruption in all of the following perspectives. LE, drugs, money laundering and gang activities. I hope this helps answer your question.

Last edited:
I wonder if the tree limbs strung across the BG Parkway the night of Officer Ellis death were ever investigated? What kinds of tree or plants did they come from and were any of those types of plants ever discovered on the Houck Farm? What does one use to trim trees? A chainsaw? I also wonder if one of those was ever taken into evidence? IMO Hopefully the FBI has identified those branches to some extent.

I wonder if the tree limbs strung across the BG Parkway the night of Officer Ellis death were ever investigated? What kinds of tree or plants did they come from and were any of those types of plants ever discovered on the Houck Farm? What does one use to trim trees? A chainsaw? I also wonder if one of those was ever taken into evidence? IMO Hopefully the FBI has identified those branches to some extent.
Since this was the first murder in this mess of murders I don't know if those would have been kept for evidence. Here is some of MO on some of this..if someone who had a large amount of land to maybe be doing illigal things on and say a K-9 drug officer was getting close to breaking the case, if someone knew what time he got off work and the route he took every night that would be a easy setup.
Then say that a girlfriend of person that had family within the police dept found out what had happened to the k-9 officer, well time to make sure she can't say anything
Then assume her Father is looking into both murders and he gets a little to close well we will take care of him since we know when and where he goes hunting.
Just My opinion of course.

Surly if The father found info that he felt strongly led to his daughter or her killer he would have confided in someone. Is there any rumors floating around about him telling someone?

I don't think that's necessarily so. Some people are extremely private. He may not have wanted to share with his wife even until he was certain. MOO

I don't think that's necessarily so. Some people are extremely private. He may not have wanted to share with his wife even until he was certain. MOO
And another thought I had on this is that Tommy was really getting close, but did not know how close he was. But the perp(s) knew and he had to be eliminated.

Is there an online real estate record search Of liens in Ky? Anyone looked to see how in debt the two bro are? The cop owner rental houses, cops don’t make much money. So I assume they must have a mortgage on all the rental houses?

idk about liens but you can definitely check out Nelson co PVA’s site for their properties.

I’d heard early on that they had done some kind of testing on the branches but idk how true it is. There were some articles in local media not long after he was killed that focused on trying to get information about the limbs. It feels like a needle in a haystack but it made me think maybe they weren’t just randomly pulled down from a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa