Found Deceased OH - Braylen Noble, 3, non-verbal, Toledo, 4 Sept 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarification, non-verbal is not the same as mute, correct? He could potentially make sounds, but not words?
I worked with adults with disabilities for 16 years. Some if my very loudest individuals were "nonverbal". I never had a single one that didn't make audible noises/ vocalizations. It just was not in spoken word format, if that makes sense. I think silent would be the odd situation. Cries, screams, slaps, claps, humming, wails would be the norm. Trust me when i say non verbal didnt mean they didnt get their point across!

I worked with adults with disabilities for 16 years. Some if my very loudest individuals were "nonverbal". I never had a single one that didn't make audible noises/ vocalizations. It just was not in spoken word format, if that makes sense. I think silent would be the odd situation. Cries, screams, slaps, claps, humming, wails would be the norm. Trust me when i say non verbal didnt mean they didnt get their point across!

I TOO worked with non verbal disability clients for decades. Some of them can be very demanding, especially as they get older. AS workers we could leave at the end of the shift but, for those living with their parents it can become unbearable. This is not excusing any behaviour of the parent/parents. Respite care and in home care can give some relief. But it's all the about recources. MOO

I think that was the point of the report? To demonstrate that, although the gate was locked, an adult was able to squeeze through the fence, and therefore an adult could have done that in order to place Braylen there, or maybe even that an adult could have deliberately damaged the fence in order to place him there. Have I misunderstood that?

How would an adult get back out?

I think that was the point of the report? To demonstrate that, although the gate was locked, an adult was able to squeeze through the fence, and therefore an adult could have done that in order to place Braylen there, or maybe even that an adult could have deliberately damaged the fence in order to place him there. Have I misunderstood that?

Maybe it was I who misunderstood and your thoughts make much more sense. I’ll blame it on all the confusion of following this from day one. :D

The same way I'd imagine?
I think they mean because the wall below the fence is so tall that they may not have had a way to climb back up to the fence, if they dropped down. There are alternatives, though. They could have used some of the apparent pool furniture to climb back up, they could have stood on the ledge just inside the fence and tossed from above into the pool, or perhaps the "lock" for the gate is one-sided where the inner knob will still turn to allow exit without a key, even when the external knob is locked.

I think they mean because the wall below the fence is so tall that they may not have had a way to climb back up to the fence, if they dropped down. There are alternatives, though. They could have used some of the apparent pool furniture to climb back up, they could have stood on the ledge just inside the fence and tossed from above into the pool, or perhaps the "lock" for the gate is one-sided where the inner knob will still turn to allow exit without a key, even when the external knob is locked.

Oh Haha ok. Sorry. Well I'd pictured that you would walk up the steps and along the wall around the fence

Just for clarification, non-verbal is not the same as mute, correct? He could potentially make sounds, but not words?

The "nonverbal" part of your question has been answered. Just wanted to add that someone posted an interview video up thread & the mother said "I know he's crying". Your question did make me think about him not crying out/out loud if he actually fell out the window (doubtful moo), but I'm going to guess it to be a typical cry, not a silent one.

Do we know what the case was with Braylen?

I remember that the mother said he cried a lot and said this in her recent statement:

"If you want to just drop him off somewhere, please drop him off to the police station, you can drop him off here. Call my phone," Cox said. "I know he's crying, I know you can't get him to stop crying. He's being picky, he's not eating and even if he's scared I won't be mad. Please just drop him off to me. I just want him home. That's it."
Mother of Braylen Noble: 'I just want him home'

So I think it's safe to assume he was very capable of making noise.

And while I'm here I'll add that there must be a way into and out of the pool area - either it's sloped or there are stairs - otherwise people wouldn't have access to the pool itself. If an adult went through the damaged bars then it looks like there's a big enough shelf that they could walk around to the access point.

And finally, @Yemelyan's post reminded me about some research we all did on a thread several years back. We learned that drowning, as opposed to other CODs is tricky and usually only determined by elimination unless there is direct evidence such as witnesses.

So it's a bit misleading that msm is now claiming that Braylen's autopsy was "inconclusive." For one all reports are not yet in and for another it makes it sound like the coroner won't be able to find a COD. That may or may not be true.

MOO.

That picture of the damaged fence is pretty misleading. What you don't see is that the fence sits atop an 8-10' concrete wall. You can't just slip through that gap and be on the other side. You'd fall a long way and then hit the concrete pool deck.

I wish the media would stop skewing things just for clicks/views. The pictures on Twitter make it look like someone could slip thru easy-peasy and that is just not so.
View attachment 263224
I wanted to add that I believe this damage to iron fence may be from a riding lawnmower from lawn care. Those things are in a hurry and tend to back into fences, light posts and hvac systems. I do not think the damage was from a person physically bending rails or using tool.

I'm still trying to figiure out how he was in that pool for so long without being seen during the previous searches. I always thought that a body floated when drown but am I wrong about that?

They usually sink first and then will float a few days later, the exact timing depends on the depth and temperature of the water and how fast putrefaction occurs.

This pool was supposedly partially drained so a body of Braylen's size likely would have floated relatively quickly IMO unless caught on something near the bottom, weighted down, or other factors we don't know.

The comments were from attendees of vigil who expressed (paraphrase) their support for members of the family who weren't involved in what happened to Braylen
And people expressing their immediate thought (at the finding of Braylen) was how he could possibly be in a pool that they'd searched and been near all week.
A motorcycle club showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member