NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

I might be wrong, but Jackie Rodriguez was never contacted by the Alavez family to represent them, correct? As I understand it, she approached the family and started talking for them. The whole thing always felt weird to me, like she had an ulterior motive that wasn't really finding Dulce or helping this family. I think it's heartbreaking that her mother is still being accused of knowing something or lying. It looks like she's a vulnerable woman that didn't really realize what was actually going on. She is not a great communicator and people distorted her words since day one. To me, it looked like Dulce's mother was sort of "zoned out", probably medicated.

Where is Dulce Alavez? Investigators still pursuing 'solid leads' as anniversary approaches in case of missing N.J. girl

FBI special agent Daniel Garrabrant, who has been in law enforcement for more than 20 years, says very few people had their eyes trained on Dulce or her abductor before she vanished. But with school getting out more than an hour earlier, it's highly likely that many people were walking around the park while the predator was waiting in the wings.

"We believe there are witnesses out there who saw the abductor, who saw the vehicle in the area of the park and either haven't come forward because they're afraid to come forward or haven't come forward because they don't realize how important the information is that they have," said Garrabrant.

Federal investigators strongly believe that the suspect knew the lay of the land before taking the little girl.

"The person that did this likely lived in Bridgeton, been familiar with Bridgeton or had a reason to be where they were in that park," Garrabrant said.

6403698_new-dulce-brother.jpg

On October 15, 2019, police released a composite sketch, describing the man as Hispanic, roughly 5'7", slender build, roughly 30-35 years old. He last seen wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans and a white baseball-style hat.

Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari Sr. said there were more than just children on the court that day and witnesses were re-interviewed. This helped authorities provide a more accurate depiction of the person that could bring some answers in the case.

The FBI says the public should be on the lookout for a young Hispanic male, roughly 25 to 35 years old who was seen in the area of the playground.

6403764_dulce-sketch.jpg

Where is Dulce Alavez? Investigators still pursuing 'solid leads' as anniversary approaches in case of missing N.J. girl

FBI special agent Daniel Garrabrant, who has been in law enforcement for more than 20 years, says very few people had their eyes trained on Dulce or her abductor before she vanished. But with school getting out more than an hour earlier, it's highly likely that many people were walking around the park while the predator was waiting in the wings.

"We believe there are witnesses out there who saw the abductor, who saw the vehicle in the area of the park and either haven't come forward because they're afraid to come forward or haven't come forward because they don't realize how important the information is that they have," said Garrabrant.

Federal investigators strongly believe that the suspect knew the lay of the land before taking the little girl.

"The person that did this likely lived in Bridgeton, been familiar with Bridgeton or had a reason to be where they were in that park," Garrabrant said.

6403698_new-dulce-brother.jpg

On October 15, 2019, police released a composite sketch, describing the man as Hispanic, roughly 5'7", slender build, roughly 30-35 years old. He last seen wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans and a white baseball-style hat.

Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari Sr. said there were more than just children on the court that day and witnesses were re-interviewed. This helped authorities provide a more accurate depiction of the person that could bring some answers in the case.

The FBI says the public should be on the lookout for a young Hispanic male, roughly 25 to 35 years old who was seen in the area of the playground.

6403764_dulce-sketch.jpg
That's a very good sketch.
While I know ALOT of people wear ball caps, just the way it is depicted seems to show the interest in concealing their faces; low over the eyes. If LE wants the community to come forward, they need to enlist the help of the local Parish Priests. There needs to be a trusted intermediary; people are likely afraid.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Search Continues For Missing Dulce Maria Alavez Nearly Year After She Disappeared From Bridgeton Park

Noema Alavez Perez told police that she was unable to see her children from where she sat in the car with her 8-year-old sister, scratching off lottery tickets, but that when she exited the vehicle minutes later, 3-year-old Manny was alone and crying.

Perez called her brother and then police.

“We were with her at the park and people say that someone probably took her,” Perez said.

The 911 call launched a massive search and an Amber Alert based on a child witness description of a man in a red van.

Webb-McRae says every red van in the area has been investigated.

Random questions....apologies I do this !!!
A red van is pretty conspicuous...possibly its a commercial van ?? A red van would be visible on security cameras......the 8 year old sister stayed in the car rather than play with Dulce and her little brother ??

Search Continues For Missing Dulce Maria Alavez Nearly Year After She Disappeared From Bridgeton Park

Noema Alavez Perez told police that she was unable to see her children from where she sat in the car with her 8-year-old sister, scratching off lottery tickets, but that when she exited the vehicle minutes later, 3-year-old Manny was alone and crying.

Perez called her brother and then police.

“We were with her at the park and people say that someone probably took her,” Perez said.

The 911 call launched a massive search and an Amber Alert based on a child witness description of a man in a red van.

Webb-McRae says every red van in the area has been investigated.

We were with her at the park and people say that someone probably took her,” Perez said.”

“People” - guessing young people playing on the basketball court? There was another woman with children that saw Dulce also?

“Someone probably took her” - if you didn’t see anyone around Dulce, why would you say that? Unless you saw a strange person hanging around? And who gave the description of the red van and the sketch?

We were with her at the park and people say that someone probably took her,” Perez said.”

“People” - guessing young people playing on the basketball court? There was another woman with children that saw Dulce also?

“Someone probably took her” - if you didn’t see anyone around Dulce, why would you say that? Unless you saw a strange person hanging around? And who gave the description of the red van and the sketch?
Nothing about this case has rung true to me from the onset. I’m sorry, but I can’t believe the narrative as currently presented.

amateur opinion and speculation

I don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other on this case as far as who is responsible for Dulce’s disappearance. At first, I felt it was clear what happened and then as time went on, I wasn’t as sure. However I have always wondered why, out of all the missing child cases I have followed here in the last year, this case was so kid gloves in the media. Suspicion and accusations were hurled early on with other cases such as Gannon, Harley, Cupcake, Evelyn, King, Tootie....to name a few as to who everyone thought did or did not do the disappearing. Not on this case though. Even the newspaper turned comments off.
I so hope this case can be solved but I am not feeling like that’s a realistic hope. I think Dulce is nearby. Whether in the park or in the close surrounding woods. I keep searching for news on her but the updates seem wishy washy to me. Dulce deserves better than that.

I didn’t catch that until you said it. Whether there were a dozen basketball players there or 4 little girls (both versions have been presented), why indeed would anyone say “someone took her” if no one saw anyone around to do so.

Nothing about this case has rung true to me from the onset. I’m sorry, but I can’t believe the narrative as currently presented.

amateur opinion and speculation

I agree, and have thought about this case long and hard.

From the beginning, I have tried to figure out Noema. Some of the contradictions in this case could be explained by a language barrier, utter naivety and immaturity, low intelligence, an initial feeling of guilt for her negligence, fear, or evasiveness. Her flat emotional demeanor could be usual for her, an emotional block due to Dulce's fate on her watch, or from being medically sedated. Without knowing anything relevant about her, or what she was like before the day Dulce went missing, I can't form an opinion based on her words or actions. Therefore, I have found it difficult to analyze or judge her either way.

When I consider what her stated thought process was when she discovered Dulce missing, it could encompass naivety, low intelligence or evasiveness. For example, her first thought was that Dulce ran off (with her ice cream, or carrying the empty container) to play hide and seek, expecting her little 3 year old brother, who was enjoying his ice cream to come look for her. My thoughts were a 5 year old may play hide and seek at home with a 3 year old, but not under these circumstances. Why would she think that? She spent critical time searching for Dulce (she said 10-15 minutes).

Then, when she couldn't find Dulce, people at the park suggested that she might have been taken (abducted). That seems like a logical deduction, without them ever seeing a suspect, and is one I would have considered immediately if my child went missing. It seems that Noema never considered that possibility, although she later told Dr. Phil that she did, but didn't want to face it at the time.

I think most people would call 911 at that point, but Noema called her brother who lives nearby. "Because we have a dog and I told him to come from the house to the park, walking with the dog, and if he sees my daughter, to tell them, 'Why are they taking her.' After that (her bro and dog searched the park for 30 minutes) I called the police," Alavez-Perez said".

This statement, which I have never heard absolutely floored me. It made me re-visit the language barrier for sure, and naivety, immaturity and possible intellectual impairment. Her actions in calling her brother, instead of LE, could also denote delay tactics, but I did wonder at the time why her brother didn't tell her to call 911 before he set out with the dog.

On relection, I believe that Noema (and her brother) had a fear of involving the police, a fear which had been ingrained since childhood, and that may explain why she didn't call LE until it was a desperate situation which they couldn't solve on their own. The same fear of police, which has kept their community afraid and silent. Obviously, ICE hauling in Noema's boyfriend immediately sealed many lips that might have spoken up with leads.

I don't think Noema would go on Dr. Phil's national TV show if she had any knowledge, or anything to do with Dulce's disappearance. She showed incredible courage to be there and I think she did it for Dulce. jmo

I don't think Noema would go on Dr. Phil's national TV show if she had any knowledge, or anything to do with Dulce's disappearance. She showed incredible courage to be there and I think she did it for Dulce.

Quote RSBM.

Thanks for your post; I agree with you on all counts, and I really don't think searching with the dog was a delay tactic. They just wanted to find her.
Many people hesitate to call police for awhile when a child is missing but they think is probably still in the area.

I agree, and have thought about this case long and hard.

From the beginning, I have tried to figure out Noema. Some of the contradictions in this case could be explained by a language barrier, utter naivety and immaturity, low intelligence, an initial feeling of guilt for her negligence, fear, or evasiveness. Her flat emotional demeanor could be usual for her, an emotional block due to Dulce's fate on her watch, or from being medically sedated. Without knowing anything relevant about her, or what she was like before the day Dulce went missing, I can't form an opinion based on her words or actions. Therefore, I have found it difficult to analyze or judge her either way.

When I consider what her stated thought process was when she discovered Dulce missing, it could encompass naivety, low intelligence or evasiveness. For example, her first thought was that Dulce ran off (with her ice cream, or carrying the empty container) to play hide and seek, expecting her little 3 year old brother, who was enjoying his ice cream to come look for her. My thoughts were a 5 year old may play hide and seek at home with a 3 year old, but not under these circumstances. Why would she think that? She spent critical time searching for Dulce (she said 10-15 minutes).

Then, when she couldn't find Dulce, people at the park suggested that she might have been taken (abducted). That seems like a logical deduction, without them ever seeing a suspect, and is one I would have considered immediately if my child went missing. It seems that Noema never considered that possibility, although she later told Dr. Phil that she did, but didn't want to face it at the time.

I think most people would call 911 at that point, but Noema called her brother who lives nearby. "Because we have a dog and I told him to come from the house to the park, walking with the dog, and if he sees my daughter, to tell them, 'Why are they taking her.' After that (her bro and dog searched the park for 30 minutes) I called the police," Alavez-Perez said".

This statement, which I have never heard absolutely floored me. It made me re-visit the language barrier for sure, and naivety, immaturity and possible intellectual impairment. Her actions in calling her brother, instead of LE, could also denote delay tactics, but I did wonder at the time why her brother didn't tell her to call 911 before he set out with the dog.

On relection, I believe that Noema (and her brother) had a fear of involving the police, a fear which had been ingrained since childhood, and that may explain why she didn't call LE until it was a desperate situation which they couldn't solve on their own. The same fear of police, which has kept their community afraid and silent. Obviously, ICE hauling in Noema's boyfriend immediately sealed many lips that might have spoken up with leads.

I don't think Noema would go on Dr. Phil's national TV show if she had any knowledge, or anything to do with Dulce's disappearance. She showed incredible courage to be there and I think she did it for Dulce. jmo

IMO there's a serious language problem that some of us - meaning me - didn't give enough weight to. Noema was born in the U.S. and I made an assumption that her grasp of English would be much better than I now believe. I finally understand that Noema probably hasn't had much if any exposure to non Latino communities so to expect her to speak and think in English like my kids was flawed thinking. MOO.

That may also explain the changes in the circumstances. Original reports said the little boy came back to the car crying while later reports said Noema (and/or her sister, depending on the source) grew concerned when they couldn't see the kids for a while. That made little sense because they couldn't see the playground anyway.

My point is that as you say there are numerous reasons for Noema's behavior; language for one and it's possible Noema also feared for her parents as it was recently reported that they are also undocumented. And so on.

Thanks for your well thought out point of view!

Watching the Dr. P interviews directly is more informing than the written summary reports, imo. Lots of misinfo cleared up by watching.

1) Noema could see her kids from the car, just not the swings.
2) She went to look for the kids after she didn’t see them for a while. She called out, assuming Dulce was playing hide & seek. Her search included 2 buildings with maintenance equipment in the woods behind the swings & a trail that goes into the woods. Both shown in vid.
3) She speaks English very well, to the degree no interpreter was needed for her interview w Dr. P. He spoke w similar vocab & speed typical of other shows, imo.
4) Her “flat affect” was addressed. She says she only cries in private, not even in front of her fam.
5) Her fam (according to “representative”) blames Noema for being negligent.
6) Several fam members are undocumented & this situation “endangers” them.

My thoughts after watching are that she is NUMB from criticism from home, the public, the media & prob herself. She’s lost her daughter & has NO support. She’s cooperated fully w LE. Her instincts tell her an Hispanic man who persistently wanted to date her, whom she consistently rejected, may have something to do w Dulce’s disappearance. The recently released sketch, a few posts back, is consistent with the description Noema gave Dr. P., imo.

I highly recommend watching the vids over the articles. It’s the dif btwn firsthand & secondhand info, imho.

Dr. P. offered to relay info to LE, as a layer of protection similar to CrimeStoppers, to reassure undocumented people with info to come forward. He also offered to raise the award to 75K at the time the interviews were done. I’ve not found the show’s contact info to back that offer.
Dr. Phil’s Interview Clips: Search

It looks like Noema was trying to be a good, present mother. She was probably terrified of losing her other babies too. She didn't have custody of Dulce, so I imagine the poor girl/woman was terrified of what her family would say to her. Also, the fact that many of her family members are undocumented probably also put a lot of pressure on her. I feel so bad for her and Dulce, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back