Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

None of this sounds suspicious to me. California water is...different, especially in dammed lakes. It's usually snow melt. Even on a day where it's 103, and you are burning on the shore, the coldness of the water hurts and makes you gasp. You get tired quickly. The currents tend to be unpredictable, it's often hard to see, and just about anything could be on the bottom. Not like the much tamer, warmer, shallower swimming holes I grew up with back east. But it is very easy to forget that in our blistering summers. Every summer, we lose people at lakes and rivers and canals. (Please be careful, and wear life jackets.)

I completely agree with your thoughts. I grew up in Texas on a lake and frequented many other lakes all over Texas and Oklahoma where the water is very warm in the summer. I now live in Colorado and even on the warmest 100 day in Pueblo, CO the water temp is only in the low 70’s on the very top surface and at about 6ft it drops into the 50’s! It’s truly amazing to experience. We hear of people drowning in the Colorado lakes frequently and I just told my husband that my best guess it’s the water temperature and all it takes is one gasp to fill your lungs with water. Or going into shock quickly because of the severe cold temperatures. I think the dangerously cold temperatures should be posted around the lake warming people how cold it is.

Terrence Green was with the cast of Glee at the lake. He was one of Nayas friends. He quoted Heathers tweet with the picture of them all at the lake saying how he will never forget that moment because the news broke about a body being found minutes after they all screamed her name at the lake and left.

https://twitter.com/rawswagger/status/1284371228195577857?s=21

I completely agree with your thoughts. I grew up in Texas on a lake and frequented many other lakes all over Texas and Oklahoma where the water is very warm in the summer. I now live in Colorado and even on the warmest 100 day in Pueblo, CO the water temp is only in the low 70’s on the very top surface and at about 6ft it drops into the 50’s! It’s truly amazing to experience. We hear of people drowning in the Colorado lakes frequently and I just told my husband that my best guess it’s the water temperature and all it takes is one gasp to fill your lungs with water. Or going into shock quickly because of the severe cold temperatures. I think the dangerously cold temperatures should be posted around the lake warming people how cold it is.
Very correct. she is lucky she would even be found. People sink in to Tahoe to never be recovered. I'm also in Colorado. People think I am nuts to swim without a wetsuit...it can get dangerous if you are not conditioned, and I doubt she was a serious swimmer. Usually swimming in temps under 60 will get you done quickly if you are not trained for it. There is a serious reason we equate ourselves to cold water. It takes months to condition your self.

Every night before I go to bed I go on Instagram, and Twitter, to read what everyone is saying about Naya (I love reading the tributes by people) and how much of an amazing person she was. This morning before I went to bed (I'm a night owl at times get in bed around 3 or 4) I went on Reddit because I have honestly been trying to wrap my head around this since it happened trying to figure out in my mind what could have went wrong and get an understanding of what might have happened. I've stated before I didn't know Naya personally what so ever. I LOVED her on Glee, and her talent in general, and her character always made me laugh. I have been devastated about this. I never have been so impacted by a celeb death before and I think what it is for me is the circumstances surrounding how she died, and how in this particular celeb death they had to search for a body with the possibility of never finding it. It has been so hard to wrap my mind around it and on top of that I NEVER thought this would happen to Naya of all people. It is just so shocking and you can tell that her friends are wrecked over it. I can't imagine what her family and friends must be feeling right now.

That being said back to me being on Reddit. I was reading some posts about people asking what could have happened, why couldn't she have grabbed the boat, etc which were all the same questions I was wondering myself like not out of being a complete *advertiser censored* about it but more so trying to understand WHY this happened. There was a particular theory that made so much sense and I NEVER thought of it, and I don't think it has been mentioned on here before. The theory is the possibility that Josey jumped into the water and Naya panicked jumping in after him. However by the time she got him and everything the boat had drifted away, so in the middle of all that panic she had to swim with Josey to catch up the boat, got exhausted and just couldn't get herself back onto it. The person pointed out how Naya was found in her clothing that she wore as she was walking to the dock which if you watch that presser it was said one of the ways of identifying her by the clothing and they we didn't see what bathing suit she was wearing so they wouldn't have known. Obviously I am sure they could look at her to know it was her but they also go by clothing when identifying as more confirmation you know what I mean? So I went back to look at the picture she posted of her and Josey from that SAME day not long before the accident would have happened. If you look in that Instagram picture she posted of her and Josey that day you can see part of her unclothed shoulder which means she does not have that black shirt on that she was wearing when she got onto the boat, she was wearing the swim suit when that pic was taken. I'm wondering if they were on their way back to the dock or possibly getting ready to go back IDK and he jumped in. This would also explain the ladder being up and not down. Any mother would panic over that and jump in after them even if they have the life jacket on because it's a lake which I am sure Naya knew the dangers of. Also the other thing I read was more info on that lake and people who have grew up in that area said there are undertows and currents that can pull a person under and they cannot get back up. They were even talking how even with a life jacket on it can suck you under and be that dangerous. Naya wasn't stupid she grew up around that lake and I'm sure she heard stories. Plus I could see a four year old saying "Yeah Mommy and I went swimming" to him them both jumping in that's how a kid would prob describe it. I just had to come on here and post about this to see what others thought.

Last edited:
The person pointed out how Naya was found in her clothing that she wore as she was walking to the dock which if you watch that presser it was said one of the ways of identifying her by the clothing and they we didn't see what bathing suit she was wearing so they wouldn't have known.

My initial response to that is that she apparently sent photos of herself and Josey on the boat to friends, and they could see from those photos where she was on the lake, which is how they knew where to look for her body. (I don’t think these photos have been made public.) So it’s possible those photos showed her in a particular bathing suit that they used to identify the body. I haven’t seen any news that she was found fully clothed, as though she jumped in without being prepared. Not to totally discount this theory, which is certainly possible!

My initial response to that is that she apparently sent photos of herself and Josey on the boat to friends, and they could see from those photos where she was on the lake, which is how they knew where to look for her body. (I don’t think these photos have been made public.) So it’s possible those photos showed her in a particular bathing suit that they used to identify the body. I haven’t seen any news that she was found fully clothed, as though she jumped in without being prepared. Not to totally discount this theory, which is certainly possible!

oh you are right! I had not thought about this.

Rivera and her son Josey Hollis Dorsey had been swimming in the lake. Once she had helped him back on to the boat the boy "noticed the decedent put her arm up in the air and yelled "help,"" the report from the Ventura County Medical Examiner says. "The decedent then disappeared in to the water."

Investigators found her purse on the boat. In it was her cellphone, syringes with a still-unidentified pink fluid substance, ID and a filled prescription slip for amphetamine.

What could that be? Anyone has any idea?

Rivera and her son Josey Hollis Dorsey had been swimming in the lake. Once she had helped him back on to the boat the boy "noticed the decedent put her arm up in the air and yelled "help,"" the report from the Ventura County Medical Examiner says. "The decedent then disappeared in to the water."

Investigators found her purse on the boat. In it was her cellphone, syringes with a still-unidentified pink fluid substance, ID and a filled prescription slip for amphetamine.

Syringes with a pink fluid made me think of B12 shots.

Most likely children's amoxicillin or possibly pepto bismol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back