Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

His status says research in progress, so it sounds like he is in the hands of the search volunteers looking for familial matches. Where do you find out his matches? Every once in a while on other threads, people post a PDF or spreadsheet (I think) of all the cases and their percentages, but I can never find it on their website, so I don't know where folks are getting it.

His status says research in progress, so it sounds like he is in the hands of the search volunteers looking for familial matches. Where do you find out his matches? Every once in a while on other threads, people post a PDF or spreadsheet (I think) of all the cases and their percentages, but I can never find it on their website, so I don't know where folks are getting it.
There is a link in their pinned Facebook post.

Thanks, Cubby.
If I'm reading it correctly, Delafield has a lot of potential for identification.

His top match is 62.9 cM, which isn't great. He's got 5 matches over 40 cM. Again, not great, but could be worse. I think it's going to take some time but they could get a lucky break. They've solved a couple of cases with top matches around that number of cM.

His top match is 62.9 cM, which isn't great. He's got 5 matches over 40 cM. Again, not great, but could be worse. I think it's going to take some time but they could get a lucky break. They've solved a couple of cases with top matches around that number of cM.

I think I read the DNA Doe also uses Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) but doesn't put out a spreadsheet for those results; hopefully they have better matches in that dbase.

Check out Delafield John Doe's admixture---very heavy on the North Atlantic:

Delafield.jpg
I noticed that.
I also noticed many of the other caucasian UIDs have very similar admixtures: Around half/less than half North Atlantic, less Baltic, even less West Med, then a bit of West Asian and this and that.
Delafield has much more red.

How does admixture help in the identification process?
Not sure, I was thinking it might help when organising the matches into a tree, as on gedmatch you can see their charts too. So if one match is missing one bit of your chart and another match has lots of same bit, one would be from the father's side and the other from the mother's.
Or it could be after staring at enough of these charts you can see just by looking where they were born and grew up and can focus on matches in the same area.
Either way, must be an important tool since they are using it!
Delafield has more North Atlantic (Western Europe) than the average caucasian from the US.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back