Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

Not that it has anything to do with COD, but it made me sad to see the weight-loss/weight-control drugs in her system (phentermine/amphetamine). Too much pressure on young women in Hollywood to have that particular body that's almost unachievable without pharmaceutical help.

From DailyMail link above,

'Shortly after they jumped in the water, the decedent told Josey to get back on the boat. She helped him onto the boat and he then heard the decedent yell 'help' and she put her arm in the air. She then disappeared into the water,' the report added.

It seems that she knew something was wrong just BEFORE she got her son back in the boat. I wonder what she could have sensed was wrong that still allowed her to get him on the boat but caused her to immediately drown thereafter? It sounds just horrible!

Knowing that you are going to die with the knowledge that your own child will be left alone on a boat to possibly die too is a parent's worst nightmare. Bad enough to die and leave your child, but to not even know in your last moments alive that your child will be safe? Unbearable.

The syringes with unidentified pink liquid is odd. If it were amoxicillin (usually dosed every 8-12 hrs) I'd think she would just keep the whole bottle rather than drawing up the dose(s) ahead of time, and I doubt they'd be staying out for long enough to require bringing the medication along anyway. And if her son were on amoxicillin for an infection (best guess - an ear or lower resp. tract infection), I doubt she'd take him swimming. If it were a Vitamin B12 shot, that's only dosed at most once daily, and if taking chronically it's just a once monthly injection, so wouldn't be necessary to bring along on a boat. Also they could probably rule out any Rx medication by checking her and her son's Rx history and roughly matching it by sight with the the pink liquid. Since they apparently don't know, it seems to me it's probably neither of those medications but something else altogether. I have no idea what it could be.

These Hollywood doctors need to stop prescribing whatever celebrities ask them too. There's no good reason for Naya Rivera to have that weight loss/appetite suppressant, she was never overweight, she wasn't even "chunky". Brittany Murphy had so much crap in her system when she died, stuff that was prescribed to her and some of it shouldn't even have been prescribed together. She was SO fragile.
Wouldn't it be super uncomfortable to swim with a sinus infection?

Not that it has anything to do with COD, but it made me sad to see the weight-loss/weight-control drugs in her system (phentermine/amphetamine). Too much pressure on young women in Hollywood to have that particular body that's almost unachievable without pharmaceutical help.

Agreed...double-whammy. No wonder she was so thin.

Naya Rivera's ex-husband and estate file wrongful-death suit on behalf of the actress' son - CNN
snipped
When Rivera and Josey went out on Lake Piru, the suit alleges wind gusts were 21 mph in the area that afternoon and pushed the boat away from them.
"Josey, who was closer, managed to get back on the boat on his own volition and braced himself on the boat, which was rocking back and forth forcefully in the current and wind. Josey knew Naya was still in the water, and heard her cry, 'Help! Help!' in her struggle to get back to the boat and avoid drowning," the lawsuit reads.
"Josey searched in vain for rope to help his mother get back on the boat. Josey then looked back at the water for his mother, and saw that Naya had disappeared. Josey yelled for help and cried alone in the boat until he was found more than an hour later," according to the claim.

'Glee' star Naya Rivera is laid to rest in a Hollywood Hills cemetery

The suit alleges the pontoon Rivera rented from Parks Management Company did not have a safely accessible ladder, adequate rope, anchor, radio, or security mechanisms to prevent swimmers from being separated from the watercraft, according to court documents obtained by CNN.
There were no flotation or lifesaving devices aboard the boat, which would be a violation of California law...
--
more at link-
the details are so terrible IMO - poor little guy

It’s such a terrible tragedy and to be witnessed by her son is just awful. But I struggle to see the basis for the case. Many more steps could have been taken which would have potentially helped in this incident- one being if Naya had been wearing the life jacket that was left in the boat. Signage may have helped, but she had been swimming in the lake since she was a child and surely knew it’s perils. As for the steps and the rope if she was too far away from the boat these wouldn’t have helped.

It’s such a terrible tragedy and to be witnessed by her son is just awful. But I struggle to see the basis for the case. Many more steps could have been taken which would have potentially helped in this incident- one being if Naya had been wearing the life jacket that was left in the boat. Signage may have helped, but she had been swimming in the lake since she was a child and surely knew it’s perils. As for the steps and the rope if she was too far away from the boat these wouldn’t have helped.
I think if a rope was tied off in the boat it could have saved her life had Josey been able to throw it out to her. He was frantically looking for a rope to throw to his mommy. But alas, there was no rope. There were no life saving devices on that boat that I've heard of. That is negligence.
Now we have a drowning.
Now we have her little boy having to live with these memories and horror for the rest of his life.
Such a tragedy.
He's lucky he lived that fateful day imo.
All moo

Last edited:
Such a sad and tragic situation, but this lawsuit rubs me the wrong way. If the conditions were so bad, why were they in the water in the first place? Why wasn't she wearing her life jacket? I thought swimming was prohibited in this lake except in a small specified area?

Why didn't he throw her her life vest? Would a rope have helped much? I don't think a rope will help keep your head above water. What good would a radio have done? They don't claim there was no ladder, just no "safely accessible ladder." Whatever that is. I don't see any kind of ladder helping if you are separated from the boat.

I just dont get the lawsuit. I guess some people can't pass up the opportunity of a big payday. Regardless of if it is right or wrong.

Such a sad and tragic situation, but this lawsuit rubs me the wrong way. If the conditions were so bad, why were they in the water in the first place? Why wasn't she wearing her life jacket? I thought swimming was prohibited in this lake except in a small specified area?

Why didn't he throw her her life vest? Would a rope have helped much? I don't think a rope will help keep your head above water. What good would a radio have done? They don't claim there was no ladder, just no "safely accessible ladder." Whatever that is. I don't see any kind of ladder helping if you are separated from the boat.

I just dont get the lawsuit. I guess some people can't pass up the opportunity of a big payday. Regardless of if it is right or wrong.
The fact that she had the life vest in the boad and didn't use it is not going to help their case. Because that's how the tragedy started, she didn't use the life vest so she drowned. The baby had his life vest, as far as I know.

Yes, from what I remember hearing is that Naya was offered a life jacket, and politely declined. Then the marina put one in the boat anyway. She also had an issue with vertigo amongst many substances found in the toxicology report. Unfortunately, IMOO, I do not think they have a strong case. I am very sad for that poor young boy to witness his mother drowning in such a horrible way calling for his help. Tragic all the way around:(..

'Glee' actor Naya Rivera shouted for help and waved her arms in the air before drowning, her son told investigators

I fear they have been sort of feeding the kid with information. I think it’s a bit far fetched that a toddler would be able to get on the boat by himself, he was obviously helped. I don’t doubt she asked for help though, but going from not remembering much to remembering a lot of details is weird. They need to leave this kid alone, money is not going to bring Naya back and this poor kid has suffered enough. This rubs me the wrong way, TO ME, they’re exploiting both Naya and her son. Not cool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back