Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone found SM's bike and LE found another item.

Has that item ever been disclosed? I think I recall her helmet being mentioned, but I can't find confirmation of that.

If she was a safe cyclist and wore her helmet properly, it should not be coming off in a crash or fall. BM described her helmet in a note he gave to a shopkeeper in town.

I'm just wondering if BM knows what that item is. LE doesn't have to disclose that to BM at this point, right?

Omg that’s horrible. His poor family having to suffer through those days when they knew he was somewhere near or on campus. So sad. :(
Barry seems too relaxed about the whole thing. He’s buying land and doing things that make me think he’s confident her body won’t be found. I think he could have disposed of her body there Saturday night. Here’s one thing I read about GPR, “ GPR can reach depths of 100 feet in low conductivity materials such as dry sand or granite. Moist clays, shale, and other high conductivity materials may absorb GPR signals, greatly decreasing the depth of penetration to 3 feet or less”.
I don’t know if concrete is a high conductivity material but I just wish they would have searched under the entire slab. MOO

But what if they found what they were looking for with what they dug out?

BBM

From the DM article below, BM said, 'She's mad at me because I fired her and don't let her work for me anymore.’

So my question is...what is BM’s reason for firing her? He didn’t say. After all, from an employee standpoint, she and her co-workers seemed to do everything that was asked of them that weekend. Did he also fire JP & CC? Then again, what for?

Employee of Suzanne Morphew's husband DENIES they were having an affair after Colorado mom vanished | Daily Mail Online
Yes, mine too.

I think Barry has a pretty high opinion of himself. He also cannot control his mouth. I am hoping that his every movement and conversation is being observed, and he controls his own fate, right up to his arrest and conviction.

MG had her phone set so that it reversed the image. In this Daily Mail article, there is a photo of her from the Lauren Scharf interview which shows her hair parted on one side of her head, positioned next to her selfie taken in the car, with the part of the opposite side. Also, if you look closely, her two front teeth are set slightly to one side of her mouth. As a final check, look at the hardhat which clearly says "DSI" reversed. That must be JP's headgear.
In the selfie with JP in the back seat, (which is also reversed) she is clearly driving, and he is on the rear passenger side. IMO
Employee of Suzanne Morphew's husband DENIES they were having an affair after Colorado mom vanished | Daily Mail Online
DBM

Last edited:
BM left Broomfield at around 5:45 on Sunday, arriving at the CR 225 turnoff of Hwy 50 at 9:00 pm on Sunday May 10. Both MG and JP said they did not arrive in Broomfield until after BM had left, and stayed until Tuesday, May 12 and then returned to Salida. MG said she has not talked to BM at all since the call in which he was crying and said he had a "family emergency". The communication that she was fired presumably came to her from the "two men".
I think it's a safe guess that BM was not in the same vehicle as MG and JP at any time that entire three days.
IMO

A couple of things:

1. how can you be so sure he left Broomfield at that time? I've not seen anything in MSM that says when he left for Maysville, just that he wasn't there when JP & MG arrived around 6pm that evening. For all we know, he was long gone hours prior.

2. MG clearly says BM contacted her by text, several days after she returned to Salida.

"Still, Gentile reports she did cooperate with most of what investigators asked of her, including, she said, five interviews. She also turned over her phone, but said she declined a polygraph. “I know my rights and I don’t have anything to hide,” she said. She says she heard from Barry again, days after, through text. “He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction.
“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

What the "two men" were said to have state to her after she returned to Salida was this (from the same link):

“We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money. You have rights, but you don’t have to give CBI your phone.”

Just to keep all these messy details straight.

Luminol - Wikipedia

Luminol chemiluminescence can also be triggered by a number of substances such as copper or copper-containing chemical compounds,[14] and certain bleaches. As a result, if someone cleans a crime scene thoroughly with a bleach solution, residual cleaner makes the entire crime scene produce the typical blue glow, which effectively camouflages organic evidence such as blood

Does this mean if the equipment was cleaned with bleach, will Luminol detect it. Does it work like that? I am so curious. I know next to nothing about Luminol. I am hoping someone smarter than I can decipher this.
It reads to me, the blood traces would be gone. But if equipment has bleach poured on it, the Luminol will detect the bleach.

Right. And...if bleach is used on carpets or anything like that, it's of course very obvious. No one bleached carpet or clothes here, IMO. But someone may have used bleach on tools or other objects. In which case, it's unlikely blood would be detected on them.

OTOH, if there was a lot of blood, swab tests would still pick up hemoglobin (that's rarely done, but if the whole place smelled of bleach? if there was no obvious source, I wonder how the forensic team went about inspecting premises and vehicles, etc).

The DNA is not destroyed by bleach, but it is a defeat for luminol (which would very much thwart finding the DNA in the first place). I believe there are other chemicals that could work instead, but they aren't common.

I know someone found SM's bike and LE found another item.

Has that item ever been disclosed? I think I recall her helmet being mentioned, but I can't find confirmation of that.

If she was a safe cyclist and wore her helmet properly, it should not be coming off in a crash or fall. BM described her helmet in a note he gave to a shopkeeper in town.

I'm just wondering if BM knows what that item is. LE doesn't have to disclose that to BM at this point, right?

AFAIK, it's never been publicly disclosed from any approved source, what the personal item was, found near the home.

I think Barry has a pretty high opinion of himself. He also cannot control his mouth. I am hoping that his every movement and conversation is being observed, and he controls his own fate, right up to his arrest and conviction.
I agree. They need to keep him talking. He clearly doesn’t talk about Suzanne or finding Suzanne. He gets riled up and starts talking when people he believes are beneath him (his workers) start talking about him. That 3rd worker needs to speak up. MOO

I apologize if a fellow WS'er has posted this. We are driving to Colorado to help in the search. This arrived today, our first communication regarding the search.

"Dear Friend,

Thank you for volunteering to help with the search for my sister Suzanne. I’m sorry information is slow in coming but we are so busy trying to get everything organized. I’ll be on Profiling Evil tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) to update Mike, Chris and you. Then, I will get information emailed out to you by September 17th. Much of the organization will occur onsite on the 24th but know that we are putting together search teams. The decision by the sheriff’s office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigations is welcomed. We need their direction.

My thanks to Chris McDonough and Mike King of Profiling Evil for allowing me to use their website to allow you to sign up. We’ll post information there as well as reaching out through email. Visit www.ProfilingEvil.com

Thanks for your goodness and your sacrifice of time in helping us bring Suzanne home.

Andy Moorman

Sent through Profiling Evil

www.ProfilingEvil.com

https://www.youtube.com/ProfilingEvil
This search may very well lead to finding SM. I'm thankful that so many are volunteering to join.

May SM be found and properly laid to rest.

And may her killer be brought to justice. MOO

AFAIK, it's never been publicly disclosed from any approved source, what the personal item was, found near the home.

I find it interesting that BM refers to the personal item as 'an article'. I know an article can be an item, however I tend to think of an article relating more to clothing.

JMO[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that BM's movements are being closely monitored. I remember when Scott Peterson was intending on fleeing to Mexico but was stopped and arrested before he made a clean getaway. I believe there are plenty of eyes on BM.
MOO

A couple of things:

1. how can you be so sure he left Broomfield at that time? I've not seen anything in MSM that says when he left for Maysville, just that he wasn't there when JP & MG arrived around 6pm that evening. For all we know, he was long gone hours prior.

2. MG clearly says BM contacted her by text, several days after she returned to Salida.

"Still, Gentile reports she did cooperate with most of what investigators asked of her, including, she said, five interviews. She also turned over her phone, but said she declined a polygraph. “I know my rights and I don’t have anything to hide,” she said. She says she heard from Barry again, days after, through text. “He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction.
“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

What the "two men" were said to have state to her after she returned to Salida was this (from the same link):

“We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money. You have rights, but you don’t have to give CBI your phone.”

Just to keep all these messy details straight.

I believe Barry told TD that he left the Denver area for home as soon as he finished talking to the neighbor, which would have been just a moment before she made the 911 call. He also told TD that he arrived at the turnoff, where LE was congregated because of the bike, at 9:00 pm. Here is a Google Maps and Directions calculation of the exact distance and estimated driving time, which fits BM's narrative. The shorter route allows him just enough time to make a fuel stop.
Considering that he seems likely to have been driving the big Ford truck pulling the trailer with the Bobcat in the evening hours, he seems to have had the pedal to the metal. IMO

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-13 Google Maps.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-13 Google Maps.png
    558 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors