Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a rough one for me as I knew the family and taught one of the other kids when I was a teacher.

<modsnip: Stating information as fact without an MSM link or without being a Verified Insider is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
So what we know so far:
  • Woman in 30s and man age 50 arrested for murder.
  • Victim's mom is in her 30s and dad is age 50.
  • Victim's parents have nine (!!) (now eight, I suppose :() children including a 6-month-old infant. That's a lot and must be very stressful.
Mom quoted as saying 'I can't eat or sleep properly. I miss and love my eldest princess so much, she's missing out on her baby sister, who has learned to smile and coo already.' Speaks about herself and how her missing daughter affects her, then segues to random comment about her youngest infant daughter cooing and smiling perhaps to show what a good mom she is. It's all about the mom and nothing about the missing daughter. I know that's just one quote, but... I don't have a good feeling about this.

Edited to correct ages of suspects.

I had similar thoughts about the mother's words. What with that and seeing the focus of police on the family home, and the ages of the arrestees, I don't think the charges are much of a surprise.

But I am still shocked that parents could kill their own child :( And the poor other children in the family who must be upset and confused as anything :(

So they have murdered one child
I had similar thoughts about the mother's words. What with that and seeing the focus of police on the family home, and the ages of the arrestees, I don't think the charges are much of a surprise.

But I am still shocked that parents could kill their own child :( And the poor other children in the family who must be upset and confused as anything :(

I suppose I should say, 'charged', but we don't know all the circumstances this was based on yet, and playing devil's advocate, they could still be innocent.

But you do have to question if one/both are responsible, the reasons. Did an argument get out of hand? Was she perhaps a rather uncontrollable teen? Was there abuse going on in the home? This and more will all come out in due course no doubt.

But with all the other children involved, one just a baby, it is a very sad and disturbing time.

This is a rough one for me as I knew the family and taught one of the other kids when I was a teacher.

<modsnip: Stating information as fact without an MSM link or without being a Verified Insider is not allowed>
Going by SW's fb they put on a good show of one big happy family.

I think with the poor other kids involved I wont go into more detail re fb.

But it must be v difficult working in a sector that directly or indirectly deals with families where there may be issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member