OH - Emily Noble, 52, Westerville, 24 May 2020 *husband not guilty*

Community searching for Westerville woman who's been missing since late May | 10tv.com

Aug 16

May 24 was the last time anyone saw her.

Her husband told police the couple went to Uptown Westerville to celebrate her 52nd birthday.

Then someone living in the area saw her back at home that evening around 7 or 8 p.m.

Her husband said the couple went to bed and when he woke up, she was gone, leaving her keys, phone and credit cards.

Police said there didn't seem to be any signs of foul play.

Authorities searched the nearby woods, water and land and say Noble's disappearance is suspicious.

People gathered today to search for Emily. The search for Emily Noble is expected to last until around 2 p.m.

Community searching for Westerville woman who's been missing since late May | 10tv.com

Aug 16

May 24 was the last time anyone saw her.

Her husband told police the couple went to Uptown Westerville to celebrate her 52nd birthday.

Then someone living in the area saw her back at home that evening around 7 or 8 p.m.

Her husband said the couple went to bed and when he woke up, she was gone, leaving her keys, phone and credit cards.

Police said there didn't seem to be any signs of foul play.

Authorities searched the nearby woods, water and land and say Noble's disappearance is suspicious.

People gathered today to search for Emily. The search for Emily Noble is expected to last until around 2 p.m.

Her disappearance is suspicious because it literally looks like she vanished from that area. So sad.

I hope LE finds something, just a little hint in the good direction. If she left her home, it had to be when it was still dark. Because otherwise someone must have seen her. Even when it's early in the morning.

Any updates on the search for Emily? I’ve been thinking of her specifically for several days now. I of course do not know her personally but this case...I can’t shake the feeling that she wants to be found... She NEEDS to be found. Not sure why but this case really hit a soft spot with me.

Last edited:
What the holy heck? If this is Emily I will be very curious to see how long they think she has been deceased and if there is any chance at all that they missed her body in previous searches.
It's bizarre. These are not dense woods out in the country somewhere...it's a treed lot (maybe an acre or two) in a heavily populated area. You can see her condo from that lot. And it is owned by the City of Westerville, so police would have had free and unfettered access to it 24/7. There is a VERY busy walking trail along one side and a well-traveled road and sidewalk on another...it is mind-boggling.

ETA: The article indicates "...the area has been searched multiple times by officers, dogs, and drones."

Last edited:
It's bizarre. These are not dense woods out in the country somewhere...it's a treed lot (maybe an acre or two) in a heavily populated area. You can see her condo from that lot. And it is owned by the City of Westerville, so police would have had free and unfettered access to it 24/7. There is a VERY busy walking trail along one side and a well-traveled road and sidewalk on another...it is mind-boggling.

ETA: The article indicates "...the area has been searched multiple times by officers, dogs, and drones."

I was thinking the same thing. If it’s her, was she moved? Or just missed by *everyone*?

I watched the 11:00 PM newscast on WBNS-TV tonight.

WBNS news reported on their newscast that it may not be until sometime tomorrow before police will know the identity of the body that was found earlier this evening.

The Westerville Police Chief told WBNS news tonight that they are aware that the area where the body was found tonight is the area where Emily Noble has disappeared.

The police chief said that before the body was found tonight, that same area had been searched by officers, dogs, and drones.

In the updated video, the police chief asked people to stop speculating. He said they can not yet tell if the body is male or female. I’m guessing that means whoever it is has been deceased for a while. I can’t imagine missing a body that was still decomposing. A heavily
Trafficked area would surely see or smell something in that case. I would think the body would almost had to have been moved there later. But if it is heavily trafficked, wouldn’t that be risky dumping a body in a place like that? I’m still holding out hope this is not Emily but I can’t shake how I kept thinking of her case and the overwhelming feeling of her wanting to be found. I haven’t had those thoughts since the day after I posted that though. May she be peaceful wherever she is.

At 7:30 p.m. Wednesday evening, some civilians say they saw the body and called police, according to Westerville Police Chief Charles Chandler. He could not confirm who these people were or where they saw the body, but did say they are cooperating with police.

So the body was visible from the road I guess, but for how long? I mean if it is noticed now it couldn't have been there for a long time.

In the updated video, the police chief asked people to stop speculating. He said they can not yet tell if the body is male or female. I’m guessing that means whoever it is has been deceased for a while. I can’t imagine missing a body that was still decomposing. A heavily
Trafficked area would surely see or smell something in that case. I would think the body would almost had to have been moved there later. But if it is heavily trafficked, wouldn’t that be risky dumping a body in a place like that? I’m still holding out hope this is not Emily but I can’t shake how I kept thinking of her case and the overwhelming feeling of her wanting to be found. I haven’t had those thoughts since the day after I posted that though. May she be peaceful wherever she is.

Skeletal remains were found at the edge of my neighborhood at the beginning in March. Less than feet off a well traveled walking/bike path, about 75 yards from a house. And 200 yards from the neighborhood swimming pool and playground. My friend and her sons would walk by and ride scooters in the cul-de-sac every nice day over the winter, even just 4 days before the remains were found. Turns out, it was a man who had gone missing the summer before, 7 or 8 months before. Nobody reported a foul smell or anything. I guess it happens! BUT, there weren’t searches for that man like there have been for Emily. While I can somewhat understand no reports of a smell, I don’t understand the body not being *seen* in all those searches.

@realanastasia , I think you're being nice. I think you pretty much nailed it. Who does this?IMO
I do this on the weekends quite often. Actually it's been about two years since I've returned to bed on a weekend. Often on week days I do as well, and my husband can sleep during anything! On the weekends, I do it to ensure I don't wake him because I feel after he works all week, he deserves to sleep in. And I often get up early and clean while he rests. I don't find this odd, it may be to some but not everyone thinks the same.

I can't say the spouse didn't do anything but, we have no clues to some of what I'm seeing and I'm not sure why some things are being stated as a negative fact, yet it's not in anything that I've read.

At 7:30 p.m. Wednesday evening, some civilians say they saw the body and called police, according to Westerville Police Chief Charles Chandler. He could not confirm who these people were or where they saw the body, but did say they are cooperating with police.

So the body was visible from the road I guess, but for how long? I mean if it is noticed now it couldn't have been there for a long time.

Not sure about visibility from road...the people who found her were actually searching the area for her. They called 911 around 7 pm.

911 caller told Westerville police body found appeared to be female

"According to that 911 call, the body appeared to be a white woman who was "tiny" in stature. The caller said she and at least two other people were in the area searching for Noble when they came across the remains.

The caller also said they saw a rope hanging from a tree."

The police's statements seem strangely defensive, which is interesting to me. A tiny white woman in the lot next to Emily's home...suggesting it might be Emily isn't exactly "wild speculation." Of course we don't know until there's positive identification, but acknowledging it might be her as being (well) within the realm of possibility might quell some of the speculation they seem so concerned about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back