CA CA - Sherry Pickle, 15, Long Beach, 14 May 1972

Bumping for Sherry. I wonder why the West Covina Police Sept. is looking at Sherry as a possible Bundy victim. Mysteries, do you know or do you have any thoughts on this?

Bumping for Sherry. I wonder why the West Covina Police Sept. is looking at Sherry as a possible Bundy victim. Mysteries, do you know or do you have any thoughts on this?
Bundy May or may not have been in CA in 1972 and she fits his apparent victim description

I wonder if Sherry's 1972 disappearance might have been connected with the May 1974 murder of a young woman also in Long Beach.

On May 20, 2013, a man named Gary Stamp (some sources state "Stump"), aged 61, was arrested in Texas. He confessed to a Long Beach California girl's May 1974 strangulation murder but was not certain of her name, which may have been Anna. She remains unidentified. Stamp was arraigned on June 12, 2013, in Superior Court but would die of cancer while in police custody.

LINK:

Long Beach Jane Doe - Wikipedia

I wonder if Sherry's 1972 disappearance might have been connected with the May 1974 murder of a young woman also in Long Beach.

On May 20, 2013, a man named Gary Stamp (some sources state "Stump"), aged 61, was arrested in Texas. He confessed to a Long Beach California girl's May 1974 strangulation murder but was not certain of her name, which may have been Anna. She remains unidentified. Stamp was arraigned on June 12, 2013, in Superior Court but would die of cancer while in police custody.

LINK:

Long Beach Jane Doe - Wikipedia
He might of been. We might never know unless he confessed to another friend or someone.

Last edited:
I saw this case on the Doe Network. I live in Long Beach so this haunts me a little. Whenever I look at her face or Robin Ann Graham's face, I feel like I've entered a time warp. They both have such a late 60's early 70's feel to them. it just gives me shivers. It's like we' ve left them behind and the world has gone on without them Who knows what they would have done with their lives if they were still alive. And I'm sure someone somewhere knows what happened or has information. I wish they would just ocme forward.
For me it's her name. You can just immediately guess which era she's from. Given when and where she went missing, a bunch of individuals come to mind, some more prolific than others.

I wonder if police were able to trace her last steps and maybe found something that belonged to her?
This is frustrating because there is obviously more info that is out there that we don’t have. For instance why do they believe she was a victim of homicide? Did she mention who she was seeing to her friends? If so who is he? Where is he now?

Sherry Jean Pickle
sherry_jean_pickle_1.jpg
sherry_jean_pickle_2.jpg

Sherry, circa 1972; Age-progression to age 59 (circa 2015)

• Missing Since 05/16/1972
  • Missing From Long Beach, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 09/14/1956 (63)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 100 - 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, hazel eyes. Sherry's nickname is Sonny. She has a scar on her right foot from bicycle spokes, and she has previously fractured one of her ankles. Sherry has a freckled complexion. She had perfect teeth at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance

Sherry was last seen at Coronado Avenue and Broadway in Long Beach, California on May 16, 1972. She possibly traveled to the Borrego Springs area, 150 miles southeast of Long Beach, afterward. She has never been heard from again. She may have traveled with a male companion after she went missing, or she may have tried to hitchhike to Los Angeles, California.

Few details are available in Sherry's case, but foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Investigating Agency
  • West Covina Police Department
  • 626-939-8500
  • 626-814-8540
Source Information

Hello all-

Cross posting this:

I looked for Sherry Pickle in the Ancestry Yearbooks and this photo of her popped up. I could not help notice the resemblance to Arroyo Jane Doe. Unfortunately, AJD mentions no ankle injuries or scars on feet but I about fell out of my chair when this photo came up:
download (1).png

Attachments

• Sherry Arroyo.pdf
    47 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members