GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to believe but in a little more than a year, NM will be the same age as Heather was when she was murdered.

ETA: I just fell down the FB rabbit hole. Seems PC's got a new man in her life.
Wow, that reminder hit me hard. It's part of what was so hard to comprehend about what he did with Heather. He had a daughter just about her age.

I saw that too, pics aren't great quality, but he looks much younger than her (gag). I'll never have anything nice to say, she makes my skin crawl. So I'll be quiet now.

With days to go, Sidney Moorer hasn't given in, solicitor says

Sept. 14, 2020

CONWAY, S.C. (WPDE) — With four days left before the anniversary of his conviction, Sidney Moorer has not given up the whereabouts of Heather Elvis or her belongings, solicitor Jimmy Richardson said.

Moorer, along with his wife, Tammy, was convicted of kidnapping Elvis last year, ending a seven-year-long investigation and legal fight that drew national attention.

Under South Carolina law, Moorer would be able to strike a deal with prosecutors for a reduced sentence if he led officials to Elvis' whereabouts within the year following his conviction.
[.....]
If nothing changes, both will have to serve out the remainder of their 30-year prison sentences.

I had always theorized that Tammy had always hid what happened to Heather's body and left Sidney to wonder where and how she was disposed of. I think other family members of Tammy had figured prominently in the permanent disappearance of Heather.

I don’t think TM would risk SM having ammo that could be used against her. Body location would be quite an arsenal.

I’ve never been sure of the scope of Sidney’s involvement. Not because I see anything redeeming in him, but because Tammy has to have the power and control and that would include limiting any action on his part that would strip of her of desired or needed power and protection from consequences. But who knows.

I don’t think TM would risk SM having ammo that could be used against her. Body location would be quite an arsenal.

I’ve never been sure of the scope of Sidney’s involvement. Not because I see anything redeeming in him, but because Tammy has to have the power and control and that would include limiting any action on his part that would strip of her of desired or needed power and protection from consequences. But who knows.

Agree.

I think he is guilty of kidnapping and killing Heather. But, I think he did not know where she was disposed of as it was Tammy's insurance policy that he would not throw her under the bus and no pregnancy result would ever be known because Tammy wanted ultimate control over him. I have always thought there was something to that early morning trip that Tammy's father and friend took.

Sadly, I don't think he is going to talk. I mean, they were talking a big game about their new attorney who was going to set the record straight with the truth. Maybe they think their version of the "truth" this attorney is prepping will set them free? So they are holding out hope on that??

They know the real truth, the one that makes the both guilty, they will never be proven innocent because they aren't. They both deserve to rot.

I think one reason they won't tell is Momma Caison knows too... and she still has control of the kids. They want their kids to believe they are being framed, innocent etc.... its the only way to keep that money coming into the jail for the commissary accounts. Deny, Deny, Deny

I think one reason they won't tell is Momma Caison knows too... and she still has control of the kids. They want their kids to believe they are being framed, innocent etc.... its the only way to keep that money coming into the jail for the commissary accounts. Deny, Deny, Deny
I hope you are right. I hope they’ve convinced those children of their innocence (even if their efforts were self-serving), but I’m afraid the Ms lack the decency to have even done that.

I can totally see Tammy spilling all the dirty details and placing the blame solely on Sidney.“Just look at what your daddy has done to this family! None of this would be happening if he’d just kept his pecker in his pants!” :mad:

Last edited:
Friday, September 18th:
One Year Parole Hearing – (@ am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 4, 2013, not found) - for *Sidney St. Clair Moorer (38/now 44) arrested (2/23/14), charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (4/27/18) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $30K Surety Bond.
Trial began on 9/9/19 with jury selection. Jury: 6 women & 6 men, with 2 alternates: 1 woman & 1 man. Trial ended 9/18/19 with guilty on both charges. Sentenced to 30 years for each count to run concurrently.
9/18/19 Update: Has one year from today to "provide substantial help on where the body is and possibly have his prison sentence reduced. Date: 9/18/20.
\*Tammy Lorinda Caison Moorer (41/now 47) – Trial on 10/8/18 found guilty of kidnapping & conspiracy to kidnapping. Sentenced to 30 years for each charge, to be served concurrently with time served for any time served thus far (5 yrs). Not eligible for parole. Her 1 year “to provide substantial help on where the body is” was on 10/8/19. No response from Moorer.

Are the parole hearings open to public, are they streamed or tweeted? Just curious when we will hear what happens, etc ...

So... any news? Did he tell or will he be doing his 30 year sentence?

I'm just coming up with old articles.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-014.gif.pagespeed.ce.SXCRW0-V4P.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads