Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

Yes, that is why I am very skeptical when it comes to Beth Doe and isotopes. As I said before, she does not give me that Slavic vibe, but, hey, I might be wrong.
Personally, I think it's possible that she's Slavic. I have ancestry in Romania and that side of the family, at least on the surface, resembles her reconstructions.

I just hope this isn't some random murder and that Beth and her killer have no connection whatsoever. If thats the case, then I don't see how he'll ever be brought to justice.

Since isotopes have been a big topic in Beth's thread-- 1993 Douglas County Jane Doe has been identified and it turns out she was a local girl. All her life. The isotopes were completely wrong. CO - CO - Douglas Co., WhtFem 154UFCO, 13-20, Hwy 67 near Horse Creek, Jun'93
Hi, I think the investigators just went with the top "hot spots" in their analysis of Rainbow Falls Jane Doe- Alaska and Southern Canada. It doesn't necessarily mean Colorado wasn't included.

If only they could publish the isotope map like they did with the Isdal Woman, we'd have a complete picture of all the possibilities. The maps will show the "red zones" and the "cooler areas". I consider them very accurate, from my experience, and gives you something fairly solid to work with when trolling the genealogical records. Of course, you go with the hot spots first, especially if they are located at large population centers.

I just hope this isn't some random murder and that Beth and her killer have no connection whatsoever. If thats the case, then I don't see how he'll ever be brought to justice.

If it helps, I think that the likelihood of that being the case in this particular instance is very low. I feel like long-term UID cases as a whole are more likely to be personal crimes than other murders, considering that one of the most common reasons why someone is seemingly never reported missing is that the people who would have reported them missing under normal circumstances had something to do with their demise. On top of that, there's a lot about Beth Doe's case in particular that strongly suggests personal malice and contempt on the part of the killer.
I personally think that whoever did this had a serious problem with Beth Doe herself and that Beth Doe was singled out as a target of somebody's scorn. I also think that although anticipating that this person would go as far as they did in acting on their hatred would be impossible, people who knew both Beth Doe and her killer would have likely been aware of the animosity between the two. Hopefully, this means that finding out the identity of one will lead to the identity of the other.

This is kind of unrelated to the previous part of this post, but the fact that they tried (and failed) to get the killer's DNA from the suitcases suggests to me that they don't have any DNA on the killer at all. That's very odd, considering that there was (apparently) a sexual assault, and that would obviously have a high chance of leaving traces.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts sleuthing and discussing DK have been removed.

Do NOT sleuth and post personal information and social media accounts for people who are not officially KNOWN to be missing and some who are actually known to be alive.

Does anyone know what lab is doing DNA testing?? Is it just the state's forensics lab?

I'm not sure. She's not on DNA Doe Project's case list.

Her first DNA was done at University of South Florida, so they might be doing the further testing as well.

Does anyone know what lab is doing DNA testing?? Is it just the state's forensics lab?

I'm not sure. She's not on DNA Doe Project's case list.

Her first DNA was done at University of South Florida, so they might be doing the further testing as well.

Beth and Baby's DNA was initially retrieved at the University of North Texas and uploaded into CODIS.

The University of South Florida did the Isotope analysis, not DNA.

The lab (I can tell you it's in Texas) that has Beth's DNA is attempting to produce DNA suitable for genetic genealogy. I only have a rudimentary knowledge of that but I believe genetic genealogy uses a lot more "markers" than standard DNA.

If the lab is successful, that is when an organization such as Parabon, DNA Doe Project or whoever PSP chooses to use, becomes involved.

Beth and Baby's DNA was initially retrieved at the University of North Texas and uploaded into CODIS.

The University of South Florida did the Isotope analysis, not DNA.

The lab (I can tell you it's in Texas) that has Beth's DNA is attempting to produce DNA suitable for genetic genealogy. I only have a rudimentary knowledge of that but I believe genetic genealogy uses a lot more "markers" than standard DNA.

If the lab is successful, that is when an organization such as Parabon, DNA Doe Project or whoever PSP chooses to use, becomes involved.

My bad on University of South Florida. I seem to have written it down wrong in my notes :p Thanks for catching the mistake.

This might be a good record to check although you're looking at hundreds if not thousands of girls/women from countries like the Czech Republic, Poland, etc. who came to the USA up to 1971. (Lots of possibilities and you won't find Beth Doe if she arrived less than 5 years previously. But with free access, you get to see the original document and any family she may have come with which should help with following up.)

About Free Access: Africa, Asia and Europe, Passenger Lists of Displaced Persons, 1946-1971

The upheavals wrought by Nazi persecution and the Second World War caused mass uprooting of individuals and groups. Many of these individuals wished to emigrate from Europe in order to begin a new life – a goal supported and coordinated by the International Refugee Organization (IRO) and later by the Intergovernmental Committee for the Movements of Migrants from Europe (ICEM).

This collection consists of passenger lists of immigrants leaving Germany and other European ports and airports between 1946-1971. The majority of the immigrants listed in this collection are displaced persons - Holocaust survivors, former concentration camp inmates and Nazi forced laborers, as well as refugees from Central and Eastern European countries and some non-European countries. Many of the immigrants listed in the collection fall outside the ITS (International Tracing Service) mandate. (QUOTE Ancestry)

PS. The extra hundreds of records only show up when you type in USA as an exact Keyword and not as exact Destination although they arrived in the US. I pretty much covered those that show up in the latter search.

This name was mentioned about a year ago on this thread but never really discussed.

Nahida Ahmed Khatib – The Charley Project

I was looking though missing persons from the late 70s and her photo and story reminded me a lot of Beth. I understand she’s a bit older and she’s missing from quite a ways away, but there are some similarities between her and Beth.

A75F5067-494A-44B9-B324-E1ACB689A7E5.jpeg 88E7FEAA-564C-430E-BFDE-749332A9289A.jpeg1ADE096E-8DF0-4DE1-971B-B968481BF3B7.jpeg

This name was mentioned about a year ago on this thread but never really discussed.

Nahida Ahmed Khatib – The Charley Project

I was looking though missing persons from the late 70s and her photo and story reminded me a lot of Beth. I understand she’s a bit older and she’s missing from quite a ways away, but there are some similarities between her and Beth.

I don't see it. Age is a good bit off. Circumstances point to immediate (and likely local) foul play. If Nahida were 7 months pregnant when she went missing, she likely would be showing. And while NamUs does list scars on Nahida's abdomen and forehead (not mentioned for Beth Doe), there is no mention of a scar on her left leg that was on Beth's. Separately, maybe none of these would be enough for a definitive rule out but collectively, I think it's very unlikely. JMO.

Last edited:
I've gone over the Ancestry list of European displaced persons records for ages 14 to 24, arriving in the US in 1961 or after. I started ruling out one by one but, when I got to the Germans and saw how many there were, I started just looking for ones with sponsors who were from the Southeast. Only one German who went to Maryland I couldn't follow up on and officially rule out. Now I'm doing ages 25-29 and have a couple of Czech possibles, one with a sponsor in Texas and one in Delaware. Unless she's 25 or over, I think she's probably not a "displaced person".

There’s a one in four chance that what’s written on Beth Does hand is WSR 57.

About 3 months prior to the discovery of Beth Doe, the final victim of “The Waverley 3” was found on the outskirts of Waverley, Iowa.

All three of the victims were found sexually assaulted, strangled and dumped around Waverley.

Waverley, Iowa is home to the WSR or Waverley-Shell Rock School District.

The victims were-

14 year old Valerie Lynn Klossousky found murdered 6/13/1971

18 year old Julie Ann Benning found murdered 11/28/1975

19 year old Maria Lisa Peak found murdered 9/7/1976

Here’s a link to Iowa Cold Cases detailing all 3 murders,

Valerie Klossowsky

At the time of her murder the first victim Valerie Lynn Klossousky born 3/7/1957 was attending WSR Junior High. She was found on a river bank under a bridge, possibly dumped from the bridge above.

Considering the difference in age and the years that seperate the Waverley victims deaths, it’s surely beyond coincidence that they were all born within 3 months of one another. (the second and third victims both being born in December of 1956), with one explanation that is far more reasonable than any other.

If the individual that targeted/lured the victims was the same age as the victims, it would result in such a pattern without the perpetrator having to know the girls D.O.B. or perhaps even they’re age.

Just an individual targeting peers, as the perpetrator got older so did their victims.

(An adult targeting peers would not result in such a pattern because an adult’s “peer” has a wider age range (if not without boundary) than that of a child or teenager. I don’t know about you but when I was in year 8, I had year 8 friends and year 8 girlfriends, I also had year 8 rivals and/or enemies.[It is where most motive lives, between peers.])

I say targeted/lured because whilst I find the “age-pattern” to be strong circumstantial evidence that the girls were targeted by a peer, I also find aspects of the first crime (the sexual assault/strangulation/[dumping?]) to be strong circumstantial evidence that a 14 year old boy was unlikely responsible.

These details are only at odds if you presume the individual that selected/targeted the victims is the same individual that sexually assaulted, strangled and dumped them. Why not a teenager luring victims into the hands of an adult male? (like a daughter/son bringing a “new friend” back home to where their father is waiting.)

I suggest there exists a reasonable possibility that the Waverley victims were targeted/lured by a peer. That this individual was most likely born in 1957 and considering the vicinity of the crimes, most likely at some point attended a school in Waverley.

WSR 57?

Supposing the number written on Beth Does hand is 57 and it was a clue left by Beth Doe in an attempt to lead police to her killer.

Then it seems to me there are 3 possible explanations for WSR 57.

Firstly: Beth Doe at some point during her “captivity” became aware of a previous victim who was a WSR pupil born in 1957. (Valerie Lynn Klossousky)

(It probably never entered Beth Does mind that her own identity would not be discovered and if she didn’t know the name of whomever abducted her then linking her inevitable murder to another victim might be a clever way of leading police to her killer.)

Secondly: Beth Doe was lured by a WSR pupil born in 1957.

Thirdly: Beth Doe was the individual that lured the Waverley victims and was killed because she had “outlived her usefulness”?

I think there exists a reasonable possibility that these crimes are connected and that the evidence should be compared for similarities.

P.S. I might just add that whilst the second and third victims were born in December of 1956, they were murdered late in the year (November and September) at which point the majority of individuals the same age as these victims would have been born in 1957. I don’t think it unreasonable to surmise that whoever killed the the second and third victims may have at some point presumed them to have been born in 1957.

Also I found no evidence to suggest that the second or third victims ever attended a WSR school, however that’s not to say they didn’t?

P.S.S. The most reasonable explanation for the postmortem gunshot to Beth Does neck would be to conceal cause of death, also the removal of Beth Does ears, nose and breasts might have been to prevent identification. So maybe that’s why Beth Doe was dumped 900 miles from Waverley, transporting a corpse that distance might explain why Beth Doe was dismembered and deposited into suitcases?

Just throwing that out, cutting nose and ears off is a well known way of punishment for a wayward prostitute by her pimp.
Not sure if i want to buy the isotope analysis, it has been wrong more often than not.
But many East European Roma women (she looks Romani) end up in prostitution, at least in Europe where I am. I assume the US may not be so different.
She may have betrayed her pimp and he killed her and dumped her, knowing that it would be hard to identify her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back