GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

The robbery charge might also indicate Andy was taken to an ATM and the perp was on video there.

They are charging larceny of motor vehicle and robbery, so it must be two separate crimes, right?

It’s quite common for stolen vehicles to be used to commit other crimes. I wondered if something like that is connected to the robbery charge. JMO

Oh WOW-- LE was quick, as I figured they would be in catching perp.
There were 2 men, I thought, that AB met with, so pretty sure the 2nd one will be arrested in no time.
Now, where is Andy ??? He needs to be found soon.

side note-- I am so angry that this felon was out walking around, carrying a weapon and hurting innocent people for no reason at all.
Andy did not deserve this, nobody deserves this.
I hope this never gets outside again.

Very thankful they have arrested one man, hope he spends his life in prison.

It seems like it would be a miracle that Andy is still alive but there is still hope I assume.
Yes I am glad they caught the first perp. I’m wondering why he was out? I hope not one who got released due to coronavirus.

My opinion is that there is still hope. We see many cases that end tragically, but also cases that defy the odds. AB could have jumped out of the moving car & is lying somewhere injured. He could have been beaten & left for dead- but still clinging to life. He could be locked up somewhere. We just don’t know. If it were my friend/ loved one, I’d hang on to hope & work toward a rescue. I think odds are excellent to find Andy- either way- because there are 2 perps. Either one will flip on the other- in exchange for sentence reduction, or will reveal Andy’s location to avoid death penalty. Mo

The victim blaming on these news articles is driving me up the wall. I’ve personally bought basketball tickets off of CL in the same area. So obviously I thought it was a good idea for a place to meet.
Yep - I've done many FB/CL transactions - I do a fair amount of sleuthing first (thank you WS for making me so paranoid) but still - I could be a victim just as easily - 3 cars sold using this method.
JMO

If you’ve ever known someone who has spent time in prison with a lot of these low-life’s, they will tell you one thing these low-life’s always say is ... “I take what I want”. Let’s see what this ends up being. I sense ... 1-2 guys plotting to steal Andy’s car and if any trouble started, or maybe it was part of the deal, they were able to get more money from him, his phone, and/or an ATM. This really pi**es me off. These losers who wreck people’s lives!

Yep - I've done many FB/CL transactions - I do a fair amount of sleuthing first (thank you WS for making me so paranoid) but still - I could be a victim just as easily - 3 cars sold using this method.
JMO

Yes... have to be careful. I have done several sales too: Always leave information on who and where you are meeting. I did so but was still nervous... and try to meet where there are cameras watching.

Virginia man arrested in connection with Raleigh man’s disappearance | CBS 17

SABBM:

Court records show Merritt has several prior charges, including a conviction in January for assault and battery. He also served time behind bars for a 2013 conviction on burglary and drug charges.

This absolutely enrages me.

There needs to be a two-strike law for violent offenders.

I don't care how many more prisons we need to build.

If a person commits more than one felonious assault, that person needs to be locked up until they're too old and feeble to pack a punch.

No exercise or yard time for violent offenders, either.

The last thing these monsters are entitled to is the opportunity to work on building up their muscles.

JMO.

Last edited:
A witness in Danville, VA says he saw police investigating/examining a vehicle behind a church on Hughes St. Public records list Justin Merritt’s address on Hughes St. He accused of stealing Andy Banks’s SUV. Banks is STILL missing @WNCN

https://twitter.com/ColleenWNCN/status/1305969135990517764

Virginia man arrested in connection with Raleigh man’s disappearance | CBS 17

He parked it near his house! What the heck?! Someone in that house knows something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back