GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

New

RSBM:
I don't care how many more prisons we need to build.

Me neither! Build them. Lock them up. Jmo
RIGHT ?!?!?!?
I live near a State Prison
2 HUGE buildings are sitting empty, that used to house prisoners.
The smaller facility across the street now houses them.
I keep hearing how prisons are OVER Crowded yet here sits a huge EMPTY Prison.
SMH

He parked it near his house! What the heck?! Someone in that house knows something.

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I've followed countless cases where the spouse or other close family members had absolutely no idea the terrible things the suspect was involved in.
I consider them victims as well, until/unless LE gives me reason not to.

Last edited:
A witness in Danville, VA says he saw police investigating/examining a vehicle behind a church on Hughes St. Public records list Justin Merritt’s address on Hughes St. He accused of stealing Andy Banks’s SUV. Banks is STILL missing @WNCN

https://twitter.com/ColleenWNCN/status/1305969135990517764

Virginia man arrested in connection with Raleigh man’s disappearance | CBS 17
When was this witness of a vehicle search, I wonder? What kind of vehicle? Or do they mean the RR was parked there?

Vehicle has been found, an arrest has been made so NOW Andy needs to be found.
The driving path taken from Cameron Village in Raleigh to where the RR was found in Virginia--
I am sure LE is searching off those main highways/roads.
How about where the RR was seen, with lights off near a stop sign ?? Might be a good place to look around for Andy also.
JMO

The victim blaming on these news articles is driving me up the wall. I’ve personally bought basketball tickets off of CL in the same area. So obviously I thought it was a good idea for a place to meet.
I haven't seen that and don't want to. But if there is a test drive vs exchanging tickets for money, that does warrant more vigilance. But, hey, we all think we are never going to be that one. I just hate this for Andy's family and friends.

The supposed girlfriend and/or mother of JM’s young children. I don’t want to violate any rules by linking her social media. Her name was mentioned a few pages back.

eta: it looks like her name was deleted from the thread.

If you look at his profile she makes a comment on one of his profile pictures

Well this all saddens me. I fear he will be found shot and dumped somewhere. What has happened to people?! This Merritt guy’s record and his FB is a ... **** show, seriously. Sigh.

BBM

Nothing has happened to people. Humans have been killing other humans and stealing and committing all manner of atrocities for many thousands of years. None of this is new. It's why the saying, the most dangerous animal is man, is true. IMO.

A witness told CBS 17 he saw Danville police officers investigating behind a church.

“It must’ve been a Range Rover involved that was behind a church on Hughes Street,” he said.

According to public records, Merritt’s home address is also on Hughes Street.

[...]

A man who lives near where Banks’ Range Rover was found is hoping for a positive outcome.

“I saw a lot of police and they were investigating. I’m hoping he’s OK and I’m praying for him, but there’s always something going on around here,” said Michael, who only provided his first name and lives near scene where Range Rover was found.

Virginia man arrested in connection with Raleigh man’s disappearance; friends pray for missing man | CBS 17

Police find vehicle, still searching for former Gastonia man

Banks was reportedly wearing blue Patagonia shorts, a gray shirt with a picture of a mountain on the front and flip flops.

Anyone who might know where Banks is or believe they may have seen him since Saturday afternoon is asked to call 911.

Banks was reportedly meeting two men about the Range Rover. The potential buyer said he was bringing along a mechanic. The three men reportedly left together for a test drive of the vehicle and Banks' family has not heard from his since.

I wonder how long it’s been since he and his girlfriend broke up?

I’d also be curious where on the road the phone was found? Would it have been more likely to have been thrown out the driver or passenger side?
M
Agreed. It’s also highly concerning that the phone was thrown out in Raleigh but the car was spotted about 2.5 hours away in Va.

I fear AB might be in Raleigh and not in a good way.

Normally when you test drive a vehicle you get it on the highway to get it up to higher speeds. I’m wondering if they were all in the car and the second offender pulled a gun, and made Andy throw his phone out once they were on the highway. I also wonder if they’d drive to a more remote area before getting off again???

M

Normally when you test drive a vehicle you get it on the highway to get it up to higher speeds. I’m wondering if they were all in the car and the second offender pulled a gun, and made Andy throw his phone out once they were on the highway. I also wonder if they’d drive to a more remote area before getting off again???

This article from my local news this morning mentions that the arrest warrant says Merritt threatened Banks with a gun during the process of stealing the car. I haven’t been able to find a copy of the arrest warrant.

Virginia man extradited to Raleigh on charges he stole SUV belonging to missing man Andy Banks

Hopefully LE makes the second arrest today and AB is located as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back