GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

Friday, July 24th:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - OR – Mark Jeffrey Dribin (42) (last seen July 3, 1999, Portland, reported missing July 6, 1999; has not been found) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (32 @ time of crime/52) indicted (4/30/20), arrested (5/4/20 by U.S. Marshalls), charged (5/4/20) & arraigned (5/5/20) with 2nd degree murder.
Forensic Genetic Genealogy match
Trial was set to begin on 6/15/20 was cancelled.

5/5/20 Update: Arraignment hearing. Motion - Recognizance Release. Appointed attorney-D. Smith. Next Case Management hearing on 5/22, defendant need not be transported. Trial on 6/15/20.
5/22/20 Update: Court received defendant’s 60 day waiver. Trial date of 6/15/20 has been cancelled. 5/26/20: Motion of attorney withdrawal will be heard on 6/4. Next Case Management hearing on 7/13/20. 6/4/20 Update: New attorney is Calhoun. Next Case Management hearing on 7/13/20.
7/9/20 Update: Case management hearing has been rescheduled to 7/20/20. 7/14/20: Case management hearing has again been rescheduled to 7/24/20.

The Judicial Search doesn't list any comments on today's hearing; however, a new trial date is set for 2/28/2022 twelve-person jury @9am. Stay tuned people...that's over a year away. At least he's locked up.

I may get some updates next week, so don't go away for 11/2 years if you are following this case with me... I spoke with Mark's dad this afternoon.

I am definitely still following and praying for justice and answers. I hope Mark's dad is fairing well with this arrest and all of the delays and information that may come.

I am definitely still following and praying for justice and answers. I hope Mark's dad is fairing well with this arrest and all of the delays and information that may come.
I've been in phone contact with him, and he's holding up for a man in his 80's. He still tries to work out! And he can catch on to technology fairly quickly. A neighbor of his is going to help him learn Zoom.

Okay, well I talked to Mark's dad. Not alot to report. He had a Zoom call with the prosecutors and the victims advocates. There are two prosecutors- a male and a female assigned to the case. The male is Travis Sewell. They met with him and basically told him that it's still an ongoing investigation and that Lovrien isn't going anywhere, and that because of Covid, judicial proceedings are at a minimum right now. I have to make a trip to Portland in a couple of weeks, so if I hear anything there, I will report in.

Just came across this post on the Lori Vallow case. Any thoughts on how it might apply to Lovrien? Apparently he waived his right to his bail hearing as well.

Dylansmom08: Was trying to figure out what reasons Lori and her attorney would have to waive the prelim in doing some research I came across this really informative legal page on the subject. The first two reasons it gives are;
1)The defendant intends to plead guilty and wants to avoid publicity.

2)The defendant is guilty of more than the charged offenses and fears further charges from the potentially damning evidence that may come out at the preliminary hearing. Also, if the facts of the case are particularly nasty, and the defendant plans to plead guilty anyway, the less the sentencing judge hears about the facts, the better for the defendant.

snipped....

Dylansmom08: Was trying to figure out what reasons Lori and her attorney would have to waive the prelim in doing some research I came across this really informative legal page on the subject. The first two reasons it gives are;
1)The defendant intends to plead guilty and wants to avoid publicity.

I'm repeating this part - if you want to "tag" someone you need to put it like this:
@Dylansmom08 and they will get an alert. :)

My thoughts on him waiving his preliminary hearing/bail is that he knows he wasn't wrongfully accused, more may come out- i.e. ongoing investigation, and he's one bad dude that isn't going to make anything easy. I was watching a true crime show last night about a serial killer that feared getting the death penalty. Ironic that these cowards who find it so easy to kill other people, but can't handle the prospect of death for themselves.

I just heard on the end of a 48 Hours on ID program that no-body murder cases have an 86% rate of conviction, stronger than cases with bodies- 70% with a body. Only the strongest no-body cases make it to trial.

Hi guys, going on my 3rd night in Portland. It's been quiet where I've been. But I did have some fun and do some sleuthing this afternoon. Got hubby to drive me to Lovrien's house and took some pictures of it. He was actually arrested there. There were a couple of cars there, but couldn't tell if anyone else was living there. No one spotted me and came out and yelled at me. I will post them when I figure out how to get them here from my phone. I keep entering my password to WS wrong on my phone. I'll also update the locations map, as I had entered his address wrong.

Updated shots of relevant sites in this case. (I left off the bar, since it's not a confirmed sighting). The first location is Mark's house, the second one is Lovrien's house, the 3rd location is where Mark's car was found. upload_2020-8-25_22-14-24.pngupload_2020-8-25_22-14-24.png

Spoke with Mark's Dad tonight- for now the investigation is on hold with Covid and the fires and all... the detective has been assigned to cover the protests in Portland. Hopefully they subside soon with the horrible air quality. I can't imagine people wanting to be outside in toxic air. At least Lovrien is doing some time behind bars, so that's what we're clinging to for now as frustrating as it is.

07/24/2020 Hearing - Case Management
Judicial Officer: Ramras, Christopher
Hearing Time: 8:30 AM

12/14/2020 Hearing - Further Proceedings
Judicial Officer(s): Ramras, Christopher, Ramras, Christopher
Hearing Time: 8:30 AM
Comment: Special Panel

02/28/2022 Trial - Twelve Person Jury
Judicial Officer(s): Ramras, Christopher, Ramras, Christopher
Hearing Time: 09:00 AM

link: OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT - Online Records Search

Staff online