MA MA - Susan Taraskiewicz, 27, Boston, 12 Sept 1992

Sept 14 2020
Massachusetts cold case of murdered 27-year-old woman: Mother says it's 'never, ever too late to come forward'
''On the 28th anniversary of the death of a Saugus woman — whose body was found in the trunk of a car in Revere — Susan Taraskiewicz’s mother said she’ll never stop seeking justice for her daughter.

A $250,000 reward for information leading to an arrest is still in effect for the case.

“I don’t know how they keep it all bottled up for 28 years,” Taraskiewicz’ mother Marlene told the Herald on Monday. “It’s never, ever too late to come forward.”

“She was a beautiful, loving, caring person,” Marlene said, later adding that she loved the cartoon character “Snoopy.”

“I’m not going to ever give up,” Marlene said. “I will never give up until I get justice for Susan.”

State Police urge anyone with information about the murder to call the State Police Detective Unit for Suffolk County at 617-727-8817.''

Speculation, imo. ST was put into the trunk of a car, then left at an auto repair shop, until she was located, and taken away.
Not unlike packing a suitcase, which is rifled through, then put into a luggage hold and ultimately located and taken away.
It would not be surprising if ST had jealous and resentful subordinate and /or other airline co-workers, who wanted to put Susan, (only 27 yrs old) "In her place".

Murder Mystery: An Unsolved Slaying Of an Airline Worker ...
www.wsj.com › articles

''It Pursues Possible Links To Sexual Harassment Or Even a Theft Ring''
''Mar 11, 1997 - A large drawing on the inside of a luggage hold depicted Ms. Taraskiewicz naked with her legs spread''

Massachusetts cold case murder remains unsolved despite $250G reward
Sept 15 2020 rbbm.
''Susan Taraskiewicz, of Saugus, was beaten and stabbed and her body left in the trunk of her car, which police found on Sept. 14, 1992, in the Massachusetts town of Revere. She was a 27-year-old supervisor at Logan Airport for Northwest Airlines and disappeared two days earlier after going on a sandwich run for work colleagues.''

''Marlene Taraskiewicz, 78, refuses to let her daughter’s case gather dust.
“She is not a cold case. She is an active case. And will stay active until I get justice for her,” she told Fox 25 Boston for a story that aired Monday, marking the 28th anniversary of the murder''.

''Taraskiewicz endured harassment on the job. Two she held responsible in a diary were later arrested in a huge credit card scam at Logan, the station reported.
Her mom believes her daughter was killed under the mistaken belief that she knew about the scam, the station reported.''

“We are certain there are people who have this information. Whatever reasons you have had not to come forward thus far do not matter anymore. Time passes, people and motivations change. Things that didn’t seem important suddenly do, and vice versa. Fears and worries shrink away, and pale in comparison to the realization of what is right and just,” state police said in a Facebook post. “It is long past time for anyone who can help this family, to bring some peace, and to do right by Susan, to step up and do just that.”
Police still seeking leads in 1992 killing of Susan Taraskiewicz, offering $250K reward

I've been following this horrible ST case for a while. Extremely sad & heinous. It's bad enough that ST endured regular harassment on the job - but to have this end in her death was horrific.

IMHO she was killed for one of two reasons:

1) I suspect the harassers were hoping that she would quit (which many others would have done under similar circumstances), and when she didn't...

1) Another possibility: It's not clear if her death had anything to do with the credit card scam; IIRC she doesn't mention this in her diary (that her mother later read). But, it's possible she was going to go to her management about this.

It's extremely suspicious that no one at her job reported her missing for 1 1/2 days, despite the fact that she had only left to get the crew sandwiches & was going to be back soon. After she didn't come back in a reasonable amount of time, they should have contacted someone about this - especially given that she had left late @ night, when the possibility of foul play and/or an accident (that no one would notice due to it being dark) would have been increased.

Side-note: A while back I started watching an older TV crime drama, Law and Order: Criminal Intent (2001-2011). Good series. The 2nd season episode "Baggage" (2003) is obviously based on this ST case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back