Found Deceased NC - Cory Dale Moore, 32, Lee County, 3 Sept 2020

mlhenn

Reaction score
Lee County deputies search for man missing since Sept. 3 :: WRAL.com

upload_2020-9-14_20-2-22.jpeg

Moore, who is white with brown hair and a light beard, is 32 years old.
He has tattoos, including his last name on his left forearm, mallard duck heads on both biceps and blue stars behind his ears.
He was wearing a white tank top, gray shorts and was barefoot.

•last seen Sept. 3, when he walked out of his home at 96 Pickard Road.

On barefoot. How far would someone get?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I pressume his family members are the ones who saw him walk out of the house barefooted.

Cases like this bug me. No details on his state of mind when he walked out of the house? Is there water nearby? Where's his cell phone & wallet? Is self-harm suspected?

I looked at his facebook page, specifically at friends who share his last name. Is anyone sharing or talking about his disappearance online?

Cases like this bug me. No details on his state of mind when he walked out of the house? Is there water nearby? Where's his cell phone & wallet? Is self-harm suspected?

I looked at his facebook page, specifically at friends who share his last name. Is anyone sharing or talking about his disappearance online?

I did a Facebook search for "Cory Moore missing," and a friend? of a relative posted about Corey with lots of comments.

The AWARE Foundation, Inc.

Includes a few photos of Cory.

119473135_1756949611123465_8472556731770666368_n.jpg

I agree about the frustrating lack of details. Google maps satellite shows a small lake about a 7 min / .4 mile walk from the home and the entire area appears to be heavily wooded. I have seen some facebook posts from mutual friends but I'm not sure if they're shared publicly.

Lee County deputies search for man missing since Sept. 3 :: WRAL.com

View attachment 263716

Moore, who is white with brown hair and a light beard, is 32 years old.
He has tattoos, including his last name on his left forearm, mallard duck heads on both biceps and blue stars behind his ears.
He was wearing a white tank top, gray shorts and was barefoot.

•last seen Sept. 3, when he walked out of his home at 96 Pickard Road.

His eyes look really sad to me. I hope he’s found safe and ok!

Still Missing
Could he had walked out to meet someone not far?
Hunting season about to start and I am not seeing any possible CCTV other than maybe a possibility of neighboring land?

Anyone with information about where Moore might be is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 919-718-4577.

Anyone having information on his whereabouts or have been in contact w/ him is urged to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office

Dispatch: 919-775-5531

Tip Line: 919-718-4577

Still Missing
No update by MSM or LE

Anybody found anything on Cory?

@TatianaBarbie
Any updates or searching from any comments in the above Missing Cory link you found?

There is no official "find" page on Facebook, just extensive posting from relatives on their own, personal Facebook pages. I can't discuss what they are saying, unfortunately.

Cory is still missing. He has 3 children. Not sure if he is close to any of them. There has been no activity on his bank account. He told his mother he was going to take a shower. Sometime later she noticed he was gone. He seems to left barefoot as his shoes are were at home, but his wallet and cell phone are missing. There’s been no activity on his cell phone either. The family worries he could be in trouble with some people he was messaging before he disappeared. The area has been searched with crews, drones, and cadaver dogs, but there were no hits.

I got this info from this article.
Father of three still missing nearly six weeks after disappearing from North Carolina home

I’m confused. At first it was said he was seen walking from his home. Could this have been misinformation because I haven’t heard about this since. They say he had issues in the past, I’m guessing mental health or substance abuse. He was messaging with someone before his disappearance. Could they have picked him up?

Him being barefoot is what puzzles me. Why wouldn’t he put his shoes on? This made me think suicide, but he took his phone and wallet, so I’m not so sure. Him showering before disappearing tells me he left with purpose though.

Cory is still missing. He has 3 children. Not sure if he is close to any of them. There has been no activity on his bank account. He told his mother he was going to take a shower. Sometime later she noticed he was gone. He seems to left barefoot as his shoes are were at home, but his wallet and cell phone are missing. There’s been no activity on his cell phone either. The family worries he could be in trouble with some people he was messaging before he disappeared. The area has been searched with crews, drones, and cadaver dogs, but there were no hits.

I got this info from this article.
Father of three still missing nearly six weeks after disappearing from North Carolina home

I’m confused. At first it was said he was seen walking from his home. Could this have been misinformation because I haven’t heard about this since. They say he had issues in the past, I’m guessing mental health or substance abuse. He was messaging with someone before his disappearance. Could they have picked him up?

Him being barefoot is what puzzles me. Why wouldn’t he put his shoes on? This made me think suicide, but he took his phone and wallet, so I’m not so sure. Him showering before disappearing tells me he left with purpose though.

At least one of his family members on fb seems to think he met with foul play. She posted this to her social media

“SPEAK UP BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE FOR YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING.
WE WILL NOT STOP LOOKING.
THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE FORGOTTEN.
EVERY DAY WE GET CLOSER TO THOSE RESPONSIBLE.
HE WILL HAVE JUSTICE.
WHAT SIDE OF IT ARE YOU COMING DOWN ON?”

Last edited:
I think the fact that he left barefoot is significant. This reminds me of the Adam Gilbertson case in 2017 out of Denver though Adam was not barefoot when he left. I think Cory may have hurt himself due to the stress he has had. If he left barefoot i dont think he went far. He took his phone so i doubt he is far from the last location his phone registered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back