TN TN - Vickie Stout, 16, & Carla Atkins, 14, Dover, 17 Sept 1980

composites.jpg

Sketch of subject wanted for questioning. (TBI, 2015)
July 3 2020
Search for ‘man in the blue truck’ continues nearly 40 years after murder of 2 Dover teen sisters | WKRN News 2
''Driving into the town of Dover passersby are greeted by a large sign listing the Ten Commandments.

For many in the community, ‘Thou shalt not kill’ is a reminder of the biggest unsolved mystery the town has ever experienced.

The morning of September 17, 1980, 14-year-old Carla Atkins and her 16-year-old sister Vickie Stout left their home and walked up Highway 79 to a convenience store.

Witnesses said the two sisters left that convenience store and headed back home but never made it. ''

''It’s been the most baffling murder case that I’ve been associated with as a reporter.
David R. Ross''

“Some of the witnesses at the convenience store said they were seen talking with a man in a blue truck,” Gordon described.''

''Anyone with information in the case is urged to contact the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND.''

Today marks 40 years since the girls went missing. This is part 1 of 3 of the "40 years later" series of the podcast covering this case. This is going to include a breakdown of the events of this case, witness accounts, some new info, family statements, etc. Please listen if you get a chance.

Any updates on this? I'm local and am working on covering the case.
I can't really discuss at the moment, but there are a couple of things being looked at right now. This case is farther along than it's ever been. The podcast brought renewed interest to this case. I'm certain there are some people involved feeling some major pressure as they should be. It's only a matter of time now imo.

I can't really discuss at the moment, but there are a couple of things being looked at right now. This case is farther along than it's ever been. The podcast brought renewed interest to this case. I'm certain there are some people involved feeling some major pressure as they should be. It's only a matter of time now imo.
This is wonderful to hear. It's a case that should have been solved a long time ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back