Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• B815FC66-5FDF-4CA2-A488-14729D5360F7.png
    B815FC66-5FDF-4CA2-A488-14729D5360F7.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 8B882745-F404-41CF-B798-58D6CBCC85EA.png
    8B882745-F404-41CF-B798-58D6CBCC85EA.png
    356 KB · Views: 226
  • 46C9E921-7CDA-4274-B4B5-D991358DAB25.png
    46C9E921-7CDA-4274-B4B5-D991358DAB25.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 177
Hmmmm.... I wonder if this makes the brother complicit? Depending on the message content of course. Hoping the cell phone pings are enlightening.
Of course, my imagination is running wild at the term “multimedia messages.” Maybe they contain photos or video that give important clues, if they aren’t actually incriminating.

I'm sick thinking about what pictures or videos he sent his brother.
Nauseating.

In a search warrant application to examine Justo Smoker's LG smartphone, East Lampeter Township police Detective Chris Jones said records he obtained showed that Smoker texted and sent multimedia messages to his brother, Victor Smoker, 15 times between about 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on June 21.

Reminder:
Victor Smoker has not been charged. On Thursday, a woman who answered the phone number listed as his in the search warrant application said a word or two in Spanish and hung up.

Man charged with Linda Stoltzfoos' kidnapping repeatedly texted brother after her disappearance: search warrant

It could not be determined what, and if anything had been found based on the warrants, it states. I hope the LE have something here, I hope they can get an extension on sealing the warrant. Its good too hear that they have more than we imagined, Just dont release too much information publicly I hope. Get Linda back to her family, and community is the objective. Then let Smoker be held accountable, Im still hoping the best for Linda and her family!

Hi all :)

Just a thought about the multimedia messages, my android - when I text and use an emoji, if my text message is long and containing an emoji my device changes my message to a multimedia message - maybe that's what happened here and he didn't send photographs/vids?
Also, if there were photographs and videos taken and sent to the brother, particularly if they contained any image of Linda, couldn't the brother be arrested/charged for having knowledge of Linda's abduction and not reporting it to LE - would it not make him complicit in the crime as an accessory or something like an accessory?

Hi all :)

Just a thought about the multimedia messages, my android - when I text and use an emoji, if my text message is long and containing an emoji my device changes my message to a multimedia message - maybe that's what happened here and he didn't send photographs/vids?
Also, if there were photographs and videos taken and sent to the brother, particularly if they contained any image of Linda, couldn't the brother be arrested/charged for having knowledge of Linda's abduction and not reporting it to LE - would it not make him complicit in the crime as an accessory or something like an accessory?

My mind boggles at what emojis he would have thought appropriate during that time. Ugh. The thought of pics and video being taken, being sent, turns my stomach. I doubt it was the 'what do I now' variety. More like bragging. :mad:

My mind boggles at what emojis he would have thought appropriate during that time. Ugh. The thought of pics and video being taken, being sent, turns my stomach. I doubt it was the 'what do I now' variety. More like bragging. :mad:
I suspect he was asking for advice. Maybe whatever happened was further advanced that he anticipated. As in death wasn’t his original intent, and if so, where to stash the remains?

According to this latest article, the detective learned of the texts from cell phone records he obtained. (@Lyanna, it says JS had an LG smartphone, so I’m assuming that would be android and could be emojis.) But when JS was identified as a suspect, it was weeks after those texts would have been sent. Both parties probably erased them. So given that LE might have only obtained legal permission and requested information on those texts from the cell provider in the beginning of July (after they identified JS as a suspect) could they still be waiting for that information? I have no idea how long it would take for LE to obtain deleted texts. Anyone?

I guess the texts could be anything from “mmm this moo goo gai pan is really good” to something to set up a lame alibi to lurid crime video.

According to this latest article, the detective learned of the texts from cell phone records he obtained. (@Lyanna, it says JS had an LG smartphone, so I’m assuming that would be android and could be emojis.) But when JS was identified as a suspect, it was weeks after those texts would have been sent. Both parties probably erased them. So given that LE might have only obtained legal permission and requested information on those texts from the cell provider in the beginning of July (after they identified JS as a suspect) could they still be waiting for that information? I have no idea how long it would take for LE to obtain deleted texts. Anyone?

I guess the texts could be anything from “mmm this moo goo gai pan is really good” to something to set up a lame alibi to lurid crime video.

How To Recover Deleted Text Messages On Android

Hope this link works - I was surprised to read the sentence that it could be almost impossible to retrieve messages from an Android device! :eek: unless it's backed up from what I can gather?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member