Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

Jason Autry, man convicted in Holly Bobo murder, released from prison

by Kaylin Jorge

Wednesday, September 16th 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — The man who pleaded guilty in the Holly Bobo case on Monday has been released from prison.

Jason Autry, a co-conspirator turned star witness for the state, previously gave crucial testimony in the kidnapping, rape and murder of Holly, who went missing in 2011.

Autry pleaded guilty to lesser charges as part of a plea deal on Monday. Autry was sentenced to eight years on Monday, but is being released because he's already served that time.

Autry's attorney says Bobo's parents approved the sentence.

by Kaylin Jorge

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — The man who pleaded guilty in the Holly Bobo case on Monday has been released from prison.

Jason Autry, a co-conspirator turned star witness for the state, previously gave crucial testimony in the kidnapping, rape and murder of Holly, who went missing in 2011.

Autry pleaded guilty to lesser charges as part of a plea deal on Monday. Autry was sentenced to eight years on Monday, but is being released because he's already served that time.

How awful is that? Wasn't he the one who had her tied up in the barn and invited the men to 'go and hit it'?

Didn’t see that coming. We all knew there was some deal made for his testimony but I can’t believe he’s walking out of prison on time served. Some people testify because it’s the right thing to do. They don’t need a deal. Such a brutal crime with so many involved and none of them gave a nickel about Holly through the whole thing, including Jason Autry. Like the Kelsey Berreth case, sometimes you have to make a deal with the devil I guess. Only saving grace is HB’s family signed off on it.

Didn’t see that coming. We all knew there was some deal made for his testimony but I can’t believe he’s walking out of prison on time served. Some people testify because it’s the right thing to do. They don’t need a deal. Such a brutal crime with so many involved and none of them gave a nickel about Holly through the whole thing, including Jason Autry. Like the Kelsey Berreth case, sometimes you have to make a deal with the devil I guess. Only saving grace is HB’s family signed off on it.

I agree with the idea and complications of making a deal with the devil. With no deal, the Bobo family would still be waiting for justice I fear. It would be like they are victimized again and again waiting for these pieces of garbage to be tried and convicted. I would probably agree to a deal also just to know what happened to my child or loved one. I can only hope that Autry never has a day of peace in his life.

How awful is that? Wasn't he the one who had her tied up in the barn and invited the men to 'go and hit it'?

No. Autry wasn't in on the kidnapping and rape. That was Zack and Dylan Adams and Shane Austin.
Autry helped after that. Autry knew of a deep spot in the river to dump her after she was gutted (sorry),
but once they got to the spot, Holly was still alive. Zack shot her once in the head. Then disposed of her north of his house.

No. Autry wasn't in on the kidnapping and rape. That was Zack and Dylan Adams and Shane Austin.
Autry helped after that. Autry knew of a deep spot in the river to dump her after she was gutted (sorry),
but once they got to the spot, Holly was still alive. Zack shot her once in the head. Then disposed of her north of his house.
Thank you.

I always was nagged by the awareness that the only thing that supported Autry's having done NONE of the worst stuff, was Autry saying so.

Prior to the trial, he was thought to have been the leader of the gang. Nothing in the physical evidence distinguished any of them from any of the others. There was no logical reason for him to have done different.

It was just his uncorroborated version of the story.

It always felt to me like he was buying a Get Out of Jail Free card in exchange for telling what the state needed to hear, and iirc he had been given the other evidence so his testimony could be sure to fit whatever other evidence they had. And one of the few things he had to tell them beforehand, where he said they killed her and left the body, turned out to be NOT accurate at all - even though disposing of the body was the one thing he said he did participate in.

So we can tell ourselves that he got off because he really wasn't that involved, and just happened to join in later on. But I think we're lying to ourselves when we do so. (And I think the DA and the Bobo's see it for the lie it is, but knowingly made a deal with the devil to get the others convicted by any means possible.)

by Kaylin Jorge

Another case where the DA felt they had to make a deal with the devil to get the bigger guy, like in the Patrick Frazee conviction. It's sad this happens but sometimes a necessary move.
I'm sorry he's out, but I'll bet not for long.

I found the article about the rape in the barn and that Autry came into the crime later on.
IF Autry is telling the truth, he didn't fully know what he was in for the day Holly was murdered.
He was supposedly roped into the disposal of her body after he went to Adams for a fix.

The article brings back some awful details about what happened.
Co-conspirator in slaying of Tennessee woman offers grisly details of her murder

And... I did archive this article as well, here (with everything trial-related).
9/14/17 Day 4 is Jason Autry testimony. Click magnifier symbol to enlarge.

I found the article about the rape in the barn and that Autry came into the crime later on.
IF Autry is telling the truth, he didn't fully know what he was in for the day Holly was murdered.
He was supposedly roped into the disposal of her body after he went to Adams for a fix.

The article brings back some awful details about what happened.
Co-conspirator in slaying of Tennessee woman offers grisly details of her murder

And... I did archive this article as well, here (with everything trial-related).
9/14/17 Day 4 is Jason Autry testimony. Click magnifier symbol to enlarge.

In the article I noticed Holly's brother mentioned. I remember reading many postings on the old Topix board. Some of the local folks seemed to think that he was somehow involved and that Holly's abduction was not completely random.

Zach Adams said the reason he went to the Bobo home that morning is to teach Hollys brother to cook meth.

I tried (still looking) for a link that says it is confirmed untrue. Clint was never charged with any kind of crime and the family denies he was in any way involved.

eta: I'm giving up for now, but here is the best "Autry testimony" article I have found:
Jason Autry testifies all day, explains how Zach Adams killed Holly Bobo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd