Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
PE guys just asked their guestpert, what to make of a husband who says he's searching for his wife but instead goes elk hunting.

Wh-h-h-ut??????

For real????

Maybe he's all done grieving.

JMO
Look. He did make a 27 second plea on Facebook. I don’t know what more he could have possibly done.

Life goes on, and maybe he needs something to go with the peanut butter he’s grilling. Perhaps elk is a nice complement.

Or something...

Back when BM video-recorded a plea for SM's return did BM contact news media to air the video or did he just post it to the Facebook group and that was that?

With nearly every plea word he uttered in his video he sported a coordinated side-to-side shaking of his head... we all know that 'tell' but what did it mean to BM? He seemed confused as to whom he should be speaking, to SM or to a perp. It seemed like he was unable to directly address a perp... that he either knows or doesn't believe exists... because he believes SM was taken by a mountain lion or for another reason?

His video plea was also incomplete: no offer of a financial reward for SM's return and he sounded pessimistic, defeated.

I perceive the restraint he presented in the video as being odd but it could be attributed to a feeling of helplessness. Did he expect a perp to contact him in some way after seeing the video on Facebook? To make an exchange, cash for SM? Likely not. That's not a realistic scenario.

I also wonder: at any time did BM think SM may have abandoned him (and their daughters) for someone else/to start a new life? There have been no hard indications of that being the case.

SM is disappeared, no trace. Similar to Barbara Thomas; disappeared, no trace.
BM posted his video on Facebook on Sunday May 17.
Lauren Scharf said in one of her Facebook Lives that she was not working that day and one of her colleagues alerted her about the video. LS said she called LE to see if they wanted to comment on it and LE told her they hadn’t seen it yet and weren’t aware of it.

ITA. If it was planted by Barry it's killing him that they aren't revealing it and if he didn't, and he's guilty, it's killing him not knowing what he overlooked! Either way, it's hilarious.

I think any incident to 'upset' BM is required: the workers speaking, AM, the coming search, media reports etc.
The stress he is experiencing will benefit LE investigation.
BM will continue 'putting the nails' into his arrest.
MOO.

I wouldn’t worry too much about BM buying a bike as a way to replace parts on SM’s bike. While parts are interchangeable in some cases, there is a lot of variability on why parts on one stock mountain bike wouldnt fit on another. Although a misstep on something like that would be a dead givenaway for Burry.

If he did buy a new bike, it was intended to match with him telling MG that he was going home to make the wife happy and bike or hikes.
I think the PE guys are thinking of the visit to the bicycle repair shop on Thursday before she disappeared.

They said he may have bought a bike but they were not going to go into that because "it could have been something for parts for her bike and one of the local repair shops may have fixed it."

In one of the earlier articles from the DM, there was a picture of BM next to a car with a couple of bikes on a bike rack. Maybe one of those belong to BM. I would think everyone in the family has a bike.

IMO

Look. He did make a 27 second plea on Facebook. I don’t know what more he could have possibly done.

Life goes on, and maybe he needs something to go with the peanut butter he’s grilling. Perhaps elk is a nice complement.

Or something...
Are we really surprised about this revelation?

What is surprising to me is his total transparency. I mean, AT LEAST act like a worried, concerned, grieving husband. Geeze :eek:

Well, that speaks VOLUMES if true.

However, maybe he was searching while hunting elk?o_O

Yes, no doubt he was just out searching for the "real killer."

Like OJ did when he was out tirelessly scouring all those golf courses, club in hand.

Apparently, BM has abandoned his original prime suspect, Tony the Tiger, and is now in hot pursuit of Morris the Moose.

Go get 'im, Barry!

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes, no doubt he was just out searching for the "real killer."

Like OJ did when he was out tirelessly scouring all those golf courses, clubs in hand.

Apparently, BM has abandoned his original prime suspect, Tony the Tiger, and is now in hot pursuit of Morris the Moose.

Go get 'im, Barry!

JMO.
I wonder if he recently bought the dirt bike specifically for searching the trails.

So Barry was going through the trash at Poncha Market. Kid comes out and asks what he is doing. Says he is looking for a baby blue bike helmet. Then he writes the note.
Wasn't that the oddest thing? It's bizarre to think of BM looking through garbage trying to find SM's bike helmet. I wonder what he was really doing by going through the garbage? Was BM actually throwing something into the garbage? It sounds insane!! MOO

PE guys just asked their guestpert, what to make of a husband who says he's searching for his wife but instead goes elk hunting.

Wh-h-h-ut??????

For real????

JMO
Posters have been suggesting (in jest I thought) he may go hunting the past couple days. I scrolled & rolled thinking how dumb that would be and surely he wouldn't o_O
Barry is really a special kind of stupid.

Wh-h-h-ut??????

For real????

JMO

Oddly, there were notices here and there around the internet (including Outdoor Magazine) about illegal elk hunting in Colorado this spring.

Bull elk carcasses found without heads, rest of carcass left to rot. It probably wasn't BM, but it is known to occur and it's despicable. I don't believe his road kill story. The elk antlers/skull was on his property when AM was there - so around May 12 or a bit later. Out of season, very odd thing to do (especially given what else was going on - who takes time away from searching for one's wife to decapitate an elk by the side of the road?)

Perhaps it was there even longer - but if there was rotting flesh on it, it certainly didn't die in season and it's still weird to bring it home.

Especially, you know, with mountain lions around.

IMO.

In any of Barry’s s scenarios, why would be be digging in the trash at Poncha Market? Did he go through the dumpster near their home, the one where he and Suzanne ran into the cleaning lady? Every trash container in the area? Was he going through the trash, or did the person interrupt him throwing trash away? Where does that trash end up?

Many are thinking that BM is sweating, or at least should be. I don’t believe life is a whole lot of fun for him these days, but I don’t know if he’s feeling the heat either. His confidence might be superseding the fear he should be feeling.

BM has not reacted in a typical manner with regards to his missing wife, why should we expect he would react in a typical manner when facing intense scrutiny?

Until he’s arrested, he’s on top.

JMO

... I asked the question thinking along the lines of an attorney arguing, as an example, a screenshot is not solid evidence of timestamps, it could have been falsified to look an actual text exchange between parties, etc. I would imagine actual evidence turned over from the cell provider or recovered from LE is better but screenshots still work as evidence. IMO
@K9Enzo bbm sbm
Yes, ^ thinking along the right lines above. Sorry if already answered and discussed, as I'm catching up.

"In the United States Federal courts the best evidence rule is part of Article X of the Federal Rules of Evidence (Rules 1001-1008).[6] The rule specifies the guidelines under which one of the parties of a court case may request that it be allowed to submit into evidence a copy of the contents of a document, recording or photograph at a trial when the "original document is not available."[6][7] If the party is able to provide an acceptable reason for the absence of the original then "secondary evidence" or copies of the content in the original document can be admitted as evidence. The best evidence rule is only applied in situations in which a party attempts to substantiate a non-original document submitted as evidence during a trial.[7] Admissibility of documents before state court systems may vary."
Best evidence rule - Wikipedia. bbm
See also
Best Evidence Rule

More at Digital evidence - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Many are thinking that BM is sweating, or at least should be. I don’t believe life is a whole lot of fun for him these days, but I don’t know if he’s feeling the heat either. His confidence might be superseding the fear he should be feeling.

BM has not reacted in a typical manner with regards to his missing wife, why should we expect he would react in a typical manner when facing intense scrutiny?

Until he’s arrested, he’s on top.

JMO
Oh, I think he’s rattled alright.

He was silent from the beginning, and only started talking once former employees came forward. From those clips we heard, he was angry in both tone and content (meth heads, etc).

He’s blasted the investigators, the investigation, and has lamented how his life is being ruined.

He’s also apparently holed up in a condo in another town.

He’s gone from being an upstanding member of the community with a picture perfect family, to a pariah.

And a murder suspect.

For a man who appears to be obsessed with image, that can’t sit well.

I don’t think he’s all that confident, because he knows law enforcement has caught him in lie after lie, and inconsistency after inconsistency.

Every night when he goes to sleep, it could be his last one as a free man. Every knock on the door could be law enforcement with an arrest warrant.

I think he’s nervous. He should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member