Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s at 25:22.
25:22
okay interesting yeah though the um
25:26
okay show here here's uh a guy
25:30
who goes to a supermarket and
25:33
uh he's outside uh we have firsthand
25:36
information that he's looking through a
25:38
trash can
25:39
uh and he then knocks on the door of a
25:43
supermarket
25:44
and uh we have not shared this with
25:47
anybody yet till tonight
25:49
uh and this kid opens the door
25:52
and this individual turns and says
25:56
hey i'm looking for a baby blue bicycle
25:58
helmet anybody seen one in the trash out
26:00
here
26:02
and the kid goes what and
26:05
then the clerk comes over and ends up
26:08
getting a note uh about a baby blue
26:11
helmet
26:12
uh wife and uh bicycle clothes
26:16
but no description of the of anybody uh

My PSA for all, of a tip that I was taught here-on YouTube videos, bottom right, next to the word “save”, there are 3 little dots. Click, and you will see an option to “open transcript”. Best thing ever.
Thanks Dizzy! You saved me from having to listen to it again.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that he was thinking that if his wife was abducted, the perp may have thrown the helmet in the garbage. Then when he was asked about it, he went in and gave them the description of what she was wearing.

Was this BM’s way of trying to get LE to tell him they had found a baby blue bike helmet two days prior?

I’m sure the fact that LE found something but wouldn’t tell BM was eating away at him. Maybe he thought if he made public stunts to be claiming to look for the bike helmet, LE would contact him and say it’s already been found?
I think BM knows exactly what LE found that were personal items of Suzanne because he put them there.

The claim that BM was searching in the trashcan for SM's bike helmet. I'm not really getting excited over it. Could be if he was innocent, he was literally looking in business trashcans for it. Could be if he's guilty, he's doing busy work for appearances sake. I doubt at that very moment, he was committing a crime, concealing or planting any evidence. That's just my opinion.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that he was thinking that if his wife was abducted, the perp may have thrown the helmet in the garbage. Then when he was asked about it, he went in and gave them the description of what she was wearing.

True. My question is, why Poncha Market? Did he go through the communal dumpster by the house too? Did he visit every store, gas station, garbage receptacles along all of the trails near the house?

The claim that BM was searching in the trashcan for SM's bike helmet. I'm not really getting excited over it. Could be if he was innocent, he was literally looking in business trashcans for it. Could be if he's guilty, he's doing busy work for appearances sake. I doubt at that very moment, he was committing a crime, concealing or planting any evidence. That's just my opinion.
I certainly agree. IMO, if he was trying to sell the bike abduction, then the trash receptacle would seem unlikely, unless the bobcat was just being tidy.

Biking clothes is not really a description now had he said black biking shorts with a red biking top and grey tennis shoes, would have been an appropriate description. And if you wife is missing you should also put her hair color and length of hair, height, weight, eye color that would have been a description of your wife not the feeble attempt he made of descriping of his wife.

And why have we not heard that BM has been going around town handing out fliers for his missing wife? or someone saying they have seen him putting up fliers on telephone poles in the area, instead he is getting with the court to get guardianship of Suzanne's finances. and moving away from the family home.

JMO I agree, he was checking the dumpster to see if it had been emptied yet, I just dont see BM being a dumpster diver but who knows aldi's and dollar tree must be a great place to find hidden treasures but I don't see him going to check them out and I am sure the local grocery has any treasure, the fact that the store seemed closed and he had to knock on the window to get his narrative out. and to try and explain why he was looking thru the dumpster for a light blue bike helmet.
BM has successfully hid Suzanne's body and who knows what else for over four months now. With all the wilderness area and his awareness of cameras, why would he put something in a dumpster ten miles from his home? Where he could be caught on camera?

Intentional planting? Ran out of time and thought it would be emptied the next day? It just makes no sense.

I tried to listen again last night but still can't find the part where the man said BM said he was looking in the garbage for the helmet. Does anybody know at approximately how long into the video it was? I want to hear exactly what was said. It's such odd behavior to be only coming out four months after the fact.

I was hoping the psychologist would share some insight into the dynamics of the marriage, or at least say what she thought of BM moving her "out in the middle of nowhere,"with hardly any cell phone service and "no internet to speak of," or however AM put it.

Also her thoughts on Suzanne being browbeaten almost every single day over her depression and taking medicine for it, BM against her taking medical marijuana, etc.

I was hoping someone would ask a question about it but the only question I heard was why was she picked to be on the Price is Right.

okay show here here's uh a guy
25:30
who goes to a supermarket and
25:33
uh he's outside uh we have firsthand
25:36
information that he's looking through a
25:38
trash can
25:39
uh and he then knocks on the door of a
25:43
supermarket
25:44
and uh we have not shared this with
25:47
anybody yet till tonight
25:49
uh and this kid opens the door
25:52
and this individual turns and says
25:56
hey i'm looking for a baby blue bicycle
25:58
helmet anybody seen one in the trash out
26:00
here
26:02
and the kid goes what and
26:05
then the clerk comes over and ends up
26:08
getting a note uh about a baby blue
26:11
helmet
26:12
uh wife and uh bicycle clothes
26:16
but no description of the of anybody

I'm taking the "digging in the trash can" with a huge grain of salt. I think there may have been some poetic license in the employee's description of the incident. Maybe BM threw something in the trash and stuffed it down with his hand, thus, "digging in the trash."

MOO

Lauren Scharf replied to my PM last night. She hopes to have a new report on Monday.

Attachments

• 393D4078-C996-471A-808D-076E4A5CD299.jpeg
    393D4078-C996-471A-808D-076E4A5CD299.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Biking clothes is not really a description now had he said black biking shorts with a red biking top and grey tennis shoes, would have been an appropriate description. And if you wife is missing you should also put her hair color and length of hair, height, weight, eye color that would have been a description of your wife not the feeble attempt he made of descriping of his wife.
True, but if he gave a more specific description of the biking clothes, that would imply that he knew what she was wearing when she disappeared. He was supposed to have seen her last while she was sleeping. So he probably gave as vague a description as possible.

Maybe he still wasn't in his right mind when he wrote that note.

Have to wonder WHY he knocked on the door. Guessing he didn't INTEND to get busted with his paws in the trash so he had to do SOMETHING. (It's obvious to me he knew they were closed, it seems likely he assumed no one was around TO see him, then had to explain himself.)

Worst missing person poster ever. Really How Not To Describe A Person.

Did he ever indicate if A Person was missing or just a pile of biking gear?

An adult? A child? A satchel of bike stuff?

Can't help but wonder if this is the same shopping area he was shopping at on May 9th when he was supposed to be hiking, biking and making his wife happy.

Did he throw sumpin away on May 9th that he needed back?

JMwonderingO

Maybe he still wasn't in his right mind when he wrote that note.

Have to wonder WHY he knocked on the door. Guessing he didn't INTEND to get busted with his paws in the trash so he had to do SOMETHING. (It's obvious to me he knew they were closed, it seems likely he assumed no one was around TO see him, then had to explain himself.)

Worst missing person poster ever. Really How Not To Describe A Person.

Did he ever indicate if A Person was missing or just a pile of biking gear?

An adult? A child? A satchel of bike stuff?

Can't help but wonder if this is the same shopping area he was shopping at on May 9th when he was supposed to be hiking, biking and making his wife happy.

Did he throw sumpin away on May 9th that he needed back?

JMwonderingO

At the time, Barry said the girls were making posters. Baby blue bike helmet was the best he could do in the meantime, I guess. I wonder if he ever came back with a poster.

BM has successfully hid Suzanne's body and who knows what else for over four months now. With all the wilderness area and his awareness of cameras, why would he put something in a dumpster ten miles from his home? Where he could be caught on camera?

Intentional planting? Ran out of time and thought it would be emptied the next day? It just makes no sense.

BBM:

This happened after SM was reported missing.
LE was already asking questions at that point.
I think BM was nervous that heading off to any remote area would look incredibly suspicious.

Best guess is that something either occurred to him late or he noticed it after the fact and got worried that it might incriminate him, so he stopped at a public trash receptacle to dump it.

Serious shades of Fotis Dulos here.

I'd be interested to know whether this trash bin was in front of the store or at the side/rear of the store, and the size of it, i.e., whether it was just a regular trash can or a dumpster.

Also, would like to know time of day BM was at this store.
I'm wondering whether this occurred in the early morning before daylight or at night/after dark.

The DM article stated that BM was banging on the glass window to get the manager's attention, which means the store was likely closed at the time.

If that's the case, it REALLY begs the question as to what BM was doing there in the first place.

My main man William of Occam says he was tossing something into the trash surreptitiously.
Not attempting to retrieve something from it.

I'm definitely with my main man Will on this one.

JMO.

Last edited:
This morning's thoughts:

No evidence, this is pure speculation, but the incident at the market almost sounds like someone told BM they tossed something in the trash at the market that (or BM accidentally did himself). If that were the case, BM would only be looking in one specific trash can, not all of them.

I 'lost' my ATM card once. I had used it at a gas station and still had it in my hand when I inadvertently tossed it into the trash with some other stuff. I went back to the gas station to search just that one trash can.

Re: the unnamed other 'article' that LE found. I was thinking about what I wear cycling. I never ever go out without eye protection, even if it's just clear lenses. Perhaps that 'article' was a pair of sunglasses. Unlike a bike helmet (designed to stay on in a crash), glasses can get knocked off.

Also...I have searched high and low. I don't follow unapproved sources, and I am sure this was not a poster's opinion. I am sure AM(?) said that BM had already run into issues with LE over the discrepancies between what he told them about his travels that weekend and the actual evidence from the vehicles. Anyone recall that?

I'm wondering if that is related to the 'mechanical thing' on the bobcat and his whereabouts at that time.

Last edited:
BBM:

This happened after SM was reported missing.
LE was already asking questions at that point.
I think BM was nervous that heading off to any remote area would look incredibly suspicious.

Best guess is that something either occurred to him late or he noticed it after the fact and got worried that it might incriminate him, so he stopped at a public trash receptacle to dump it.

I'd be interested to know whether this trash bin was in front of the store or at the side/rear of the store, and the size of it, i.e., whether it was just a regular trash can or a dumpster.

Also, would like to know time of day BM was at this store.
I'm wondering whether this occurred in the early morning before daylight or at night/after dark.

Also, the DM article stated that BM was banging on the glass window to get the manager's attention, so I'm thinking the store was closed at the time.

If that's the case, it REALLY begs the question as to what BM was doing there in the first place.

My main man William of Occam says he was tossing something into the trash surreptitiously.
Not attempting to retrieve something from it.

I'm with my main man Will on this one.

JMO.
Off to the side of the market, looks like a 4cy bin with lid. Big green thing at link.

He was there at 8pm on Tuesday, May 12th.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x871515c2b9a72a79:0xcf51b8b54904fc2a!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipNH8fdcsEjZ7xttrJLsjTE1-1CeqRrh5EZ2vX2h=w240-h160-k-no!5sponcha market poncha springs co - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e2!2sM439b2_a9i950ZR5U2AP1A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjytqLa_vLrAhWCs54KHT8eCx8QoiowCnoECBsQBg

28449618-8328571-Police_have_not_disclosed_what_the_item_is_but_say_it_was_found_-a-2_1589743770807.jpg
This morning's thoughts:

No evidence, this is pure speculation, but the incident at the market almost sounds like someone told BM they tossed something in the trash at the market that (or BM accidentally did himself). If that were the case, BM would only be looking in one specific trash can, not all of them.

I 'lost' my ATM card once. I had used it at a gas station and still had it in my hand when I inadvertently tossed it into the trash with some other stuff. I went back to the gas station to search just that one trash can.

Re: the unnamed other 'article' that LE found. I was thinking about what I wear cycling. I never ever go out without eye protection, even if it's just clear lenses. Perhaps that 'article' was a pair of sunglasses. Unlike a bike helmet (designed to stay on in a crash), glasses can get knocked off.
Glasses could get knocked off but to get knocked off, travel uphill, cross a highway and land in the woods would be a tremendous crash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member