Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thought that maybe he was actually dumping something, realized he was spotted by an employee, and so then knocked on the door and made a small rucus to make it look like he was really searching for evidence of her disappearance.

Below is one other option that I was replying with before I spotted your suggestion.

Interesting about him looking through a trash can because isn't that now the 2nd time he was spotted near a trash dumpster. The other time being before she went missing when both him and SM were spotted near a shared dumpster near their home. During that other incident it sounded to me that he was not very friendly to the person cleaning out rental homes and he grilled that other person about what she/he was doing there near the dumpster.

If the report is accurate in this latest dumpster news, the fact he was actually spotted looking in that dumpster either means he really was looking for something that he wanted back like maybe her ring was attached to the helmet strap temporarily and he forgot to take it off the helmet before it was planted in the woods OR maybe it was just a ruse to make sure the employee spotted him digging through the dumpster to make it look like he really was looking for any evidence of her abduction.
An attempt to look more believable of his concern possibly.
JMO

I think this is the third bin/dumpster reference. Remember, in the LS interview, MG talked about all the tools from BM's truck in the hotel "bin".

Good thought that maybe he was actually dumping something, realized he was spotted by an employee, and so then knocked on the door and made a small rucus to make it look like he was really searching for evidence of her disappearance.

Below is one other option that I was replying with before I spotted your suggestion.

Interesting about him looking through a trash can because isn't that now the 2nd time he was spotted near a trash dumpster. The other time being before she went missing when both him and SM were spotted near a shared dumpster near their home. During that other incident it sounded to me that he was not very friendly to the person cleaning out rental homes and he grilled that other person about what she/he was doing there near the dumpster.

If the report is accurate in this latest dumpster news, the fact he was actually spotted looking in that dumpster either means he really was looking for something that he wanted back like maybe her ring was attached to the helmet strap temporarily and he forgot to take it off the helmet before it was planted in the woods OR maybe it was just a ruse to make sure the employee spotted him digging through the dumpster to make it look like he really was looking for any evidence of her abduction.
An attempt to look more believable of his concern possibly.
JMO

In the west, having a dumpster in public view is ALWAYS a problem. People who, for any number of reasons, don't have trash collection handy where they live will "drop it off" in someone else's dumpster. The refuse collection companies charge pretty steeply if they have to do an unscheduled pickup of an overflowing dumpster, will not allow them to be locked, and insist they are in an open area. I would guess that Poncha Market, at the intersection of Highway 285 and Highway 50, gets way more than it's share of uninvited depositors.
Likewise, the location is the turning point to the north, south, or east for anyone driving down Monarch Pass; and is therefore a logical spot to dump unwanted evidence. The fact that BM beat LE to checking by more than two weeks (since they missed gathering the video) is disconcerting. IMO

BBM:

It was noticed by someone, but the question is, was it reported to LE?

LE can't follow up on what they aren't notified about.

There's a reason BM didn't identify the missing person as his wife to the store manager.

He knew it would increase the likelihood that she'd contact LE about his odd behavior if she knew he was the husband.

That manager didn't strike me as being very assertive/pro-active whatsoever.
I don't think anyone from the store contacted LE about that interaction right away.
Regrettably.

JMO.
I'm not 100% sure, but I recall it was initially revealed in a social media post?

I do like your thinking in the bolded text and agree it's likely the case.

Poncha Market & DELI

Maybe it was one of his shopping stops on the 9th. For a sammich. And he recalled throwing his receipt in the trash as he walked out. Wanted to find it so he could show LE how he was busy sammiching all day on that Saturday, far away from Maysville.

In truth, he probably needed a sandwich and needed someone to make one for him. Because Suzanne couldn't.

:(

JMO

There is definitely a small black trash can sitting directly to the left of the front doors. (At least there was 05.18 when these images were last updated)
My question is, why that store? Why Poncha Springs?
And if he stopped there, after hours, to leave a note about her bike/helmet/clothing, did he stop at other little stores between home and Salida?
If yes, how come no one else has come forward to say he also stopped at their place of business?
That just strikes me as really unusual.
Pics are from google street view خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

It's definitely odd. I looked at Google Earth, and while it's hard to tell definitively, there doesn't appear to be much in the way of businesses between Puma Path and Poncha Springs - so this may be the closest gas station to BMs home?

But here's my question..... if BM is trying to just ditch something, why is he digging around? Wouldn't it be reasonable to just toss it in the dumpster or trash can and go on your way? Unless he was trying to "hide" it (whatever "it" was) under trash? If he was actually looking for something, what in the world might it be? This is two full days after she's been missing. So unless he had been at the store earlier in the day or possibly on Monday, the trash can makes no sense at all. as I would imagine it gets emptied regularly. If it was the dumpster - assuming he was looking for something possibly discarded on Saturday - what might that be that would be worth the risk of going to look for it? (All I can think of is a cell phone - maybe a panicked thought that he couldn't remember if he removed the battery or not and was getting paranoid that LE could ping it, even if powered off??) A bike helmet makes zero sense any way you look at it, unless one believes a socially responsible mountain lion took SM and just couldn't litter. Count me as befuddled on this one. MOO.

It just seems quite odd.
It's not as if there weren't tons of other places he could have stopped.
Not to mention, if travelling between Salida & Maysville, you actually have to go the opposite direction to end up at that little store, which is south of the highway (50) that you'd be travelling on. So, basically you have to go out of your way, to get there.
So again, why he chose that store at that time of day (after they were closed) seems rather odd, considering there's no way he could have actually expected to speak to anyone, since they were closed.
I do think he was caught off guard and hastily wrote that note to cover whatever it was he was really doing there.

jmo

ITA! Then he moves to a condo there? hmmmm

In the west, having a dumpster in public view is ALWAYS a problem. People who, for any number of reasons, don't have trash collection handy where they live will "drop it off" in someone else's dumpster. The refuse collection companies charge pretty steeply if they have to do an unscheduled pickup of an overflowing dumpster, will not allow them to be locked, and insist they are in an open area. I would guess that Poncha Market, at the intersection of Highway 285 and Highway 50, gets way more than it's share of uninvited depositors.
Likewise, the location is the turning point to the north, south, or east for anyone driving down Monarch Pass; and is therefore a logical spot to dump unwanted evidence. The fact that BM beat LE to checking by more than two weeks (since they missed gathering the video) is disconcerting. IMO
I’d replace “checking” with “dumping.”

It's definitely odd. I looked at Google Earth, and while it's hard to tell definitively, there doesn't appear to be much in the way of businesses between Puma Path and Poncha Springs - so this may be the closest gas station to BMs home?

But here's my question..... if BM is trying to just ditch something, why is he digging around? Wouldn't it be reasonable to just toss it in the dumpster or trash can and go on your way? Unless he was trying to "hide" it (whatever "it" was) under trash? If he was actually looking for something, what in the world might it be? This is two full days after she's been missing. So unless he had been at the store earlier in the day or possibly on Monday, the trash can makes no sense at all. as I would imagine it gets emptied regularly. If it was the dumpster - assuming he was looking for something possibly discarded on Saturday - what might that be that would be worth the risk of going to look for it? (All I can think of is a cell phone - maybe a panicked thought that he couldn't remember if he removed the battery or not and was getting paranoid that LE could ping it, even if powered off??) A bike helmet makes zero sense any way you look at it, unless one believes a socially responsible mountain lion took SM and just couldn't litter. Count me as befuddled on this one. MOO.

Nope, there's a Shell and a Conoco station right on HWY 50 that you'd have to pass, to reach Poncha Market. So, that wasn't it.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I don't think it was the dumpster that he was seen at.
It makes far more sense he was seen right through the front window of the store, where the regular sized garbage can is, where he was reported to have knocked on the door.
It also makes a lot of sense that he was there intentionally after hours, assuming no one would see him, where he could possibly retrieve something from that trash can - or - where he could place something underneath the trash already in there, and yet still never be seen by anyone.

jmo

Have there been any words of appreciation from BM about the oncoming search?

Does the silence seem like he doesn’t want anybody scouring his turf and he wishes everyone would just stay home?

Wouldn’t it be nice if BM supplied water, coffee and a bag lunch for each person in the search? If he doesn’t step up to the plate, I wonder if there is a community organization or church that would be willing to help out.

This is a huge undertaking for AM and I give him a lot of credit for organizing this search for his sister.

Best of luck for all that are going especially our WS members who are giving so graciously of their time and expenses. You are doing way more than BM even thought of doing.

I thought she said the tools were on the hotel "cart."

Yes, Morgan said “hotel cart”

04:02
didn't have the right equipment although
04:03
barry had left some tools behind in a
04:06
hotel cart
04:06
looked like it very emptied out his
04:08
truck bed is what it looked like
04:10
like all kinds of stuff that we didn't
04:12
need to do a retaining wall with so they
04:13
waited for further instruction
04:15
gentile said barry called crying monday
04:18
morning
04:19
he said like suzanne has gotten
04:22
gotten attack or a mountain lion has got
04:24
her we're heading up the mountain like
04:27
we're gonna go find what we can

I know we have debated this back and forth, but I was peeved from the beginning about LE’s request for everybody to save footage so that it could be picked up at LE’s leisure. The day they said it, I thought that it was either a message to whomever or they were doing it wrong. Simple folk should not be expected to thumb drive stuff or have a huge amount of storage so it doesn’t get written over. I would rather they have asked to email to a box if they were unable to preserve the footage, or give them a call. I guess they didn’t need it, as some have suggested. I still would have liked to see Barry at Poncha Market to see exactly what he was doing there-and by I, I mean anyone directly involved in the case. Opportunity missed.

Did this store owner or employee state (I don't remember) that LE asked for the stores footage but they had to tell them they no longer had it OR LE never even asked for it? To me there's a difference. If they specially requested it, it was because they were looking at that area, if they didn't, that area was not on their radar for whatever reason.

If LE did specifically ask that store to turn over saved video from the time period they indicated and it was already gone, that would stink. IMO

Bleach - perhaps Poncho Market carries a small selection of household cleaning items.

The note is absurd, even for someone as rattled as BM probably was when caught rummaging through a trash can.

"Hey, guys, my wife has gone missing, so please be on the lookout for a blue bike helmet and some cycling clothes".

If anyone had questioned me when I was rummaging through the trash can at the service station where I accidentally tossed my ATM card, I would have had no problem telling them what I was looking for. Might even have asked if they had a pair of gloves I could use.

Who knows? Maybe he had just stashed the helmet and clothes in the trash can. They would have tied the bag off before tossing it in the dumpster, I think.

Personally, I don't find him looking in the trash a problem, only if it the only one he looked in.
I hope that I would challenge myself to look for clues in every dumpster and trash I possibly could, methodically going down all streets and the access highways both sides.

I do find him not having a flyer to hand out a problem.
Even if he is unable to make one, a daughter or friend could generate one for him

Have there been any words of appreciation from BM about the oncoming search?

Does the silence seem like he doesn’t want anybody scouring his turf and he wishes everyone would just stay home?

Wouldn’t it be nice if BM supplied water, coffee and a bag lunch for each person in the search? If he doesn’t step up to the plate, I wonder if there is a community organization or church that would be willing to help out.

This is a huge undertaking for AM and I give him a lot of credit for organizing this search for his sister.

Best of luck for all that are going especially our WS members who are giving so graciously of their time and expenses. You are doing way more than BM even thought of doing.

Everything @Blue Amethyst in addition to adding, has BM reached out to their local church? Or indeed, anyone locally, business, etc, that would aid in this?
It will sure be interesting to know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd