ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I also remember hearing this on a show I watched about the case. I believe that and his blanket or stuffed animal that they reportedly cherished so much as it was his favorite...that was also left behind as well. I vaguely remember either the jacket or blanket was found stuffed in a couch left behind when they moved out
Crime Junkie podcast did a show on DeOrr Jr's case.
MISSING: DeOrr Kunz Jr. - Crime Junkie Podcast

The host said the boy's clothes and boots were indeed found at a home the parents had been evicted from for failing to pay rent.
And I know of no one who goes out and buys duplicates of clothing and shoes for their children.
Not saying it can't happen; but imo it's rare.
Sometimes hand me downs are ...passed down, but that's about it.

Little DeOrr is the only victim in this case.
Justice if needed has been slow in coming.
MOO

Last edited:
bbm
Ita.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

And with respect to the poster who said you eventually disconnect, I just don't think that bears out. Innocent parents of kids who go missing and who are never found, never stop looking or waiting or hoping or loving or fighting (whatever is appropriate for their circumstance). We see it here on this forum all the time. As much as it's true that 'life goes on' and you adjust to a 'new normal' that doesn't mean you 'disconnect'. Like William Tyrrell's foster parents who are still fighting for him as best they can and he's been missing longer than Deorr. Like the parents of murder victims who decades later publish books and still memorialise their children.

It's been twenty two years this month since my stepson was murdered. Even though his killers have served/are serving their 20 years to life sentence, believe me when I tell you that for his Father (my husband), his Mother, his Sister, his Daughter and me there is no disconnect, no real closure. Those are words people who've never faced such a loss use.

It's been twenty two years this month since my stepson was murdered. Even though his killers have served/are serving their 20 years to life sentence, believe me when I tell you that for his Father (my husband), his Mother, his Sister, his Daughter and me there is no disconnect, no real closure. Those are words people who've never faced such a loss use.

Re: disconnect. Firmly in the Nope group.

I experienced a natural miscarriage in 1989, at about 7 weeks.

Tears in my eyes right now, remembering this mysterious, unknown child, our eldest.

Not planning to recite examples, but people I know who have lost child before, near, during, or long after birth do not disconnect from those children.

JMHO YMMV LRR

The host said the boy's clothes and boots were indeed found at a home the parents had been evicted from for failing to pay rent.
And I know of no one who goes out and buys duplicates of clothing and shoes for their children.

MOO

I was actually kind of disappointed in them for how they described that. This is not new info by any means, but it’s been explained better in other media. The clothes were simply clothing and boots that somewhat matched the verbal descriptions of what he had been wearing on the trip. They never have been proven to be the clothes he actually had on. And often little kids have similar looking stuff. This really could be nothing. I mean, it’s probably not but it could be.

MOO

BBM
I buy duplicates of my kids clothes, regularly, espeically when they are little. We lived near a Walmart when the kids were toddlers and it was the only clothing store in town. The kids clothes would go on sale for $1-$5 and I'd buy the same shirt in every size, for example.

BBM
I buy duplicates of my kids clothes, regularly, espeically when they are little. We lived near a Walmart when the kids were toddlers and it was the only clothing store in town. The kids clothes would go on sale for $1-$5 and I'd buy the same shirt in every size, for example.

My kids were born (gasp!) before the internet! I lived in a very small town, many miles from a city, where everyone in town, rich, poor, and everywhere between bought most of their baby items from the same two clothing stores. Then, those items were handed down and passed around so that by the time the kids were in school most of them had multiples of at least one garment, and my youngest had a lot of duplicated things. I remember a t-shirt with a dinosaur on it that he wore two or three years because every time he outgrew one there was another just like it a bigger size.

It's not unusual -or, at least, it wasn't then. Now, with must faster shipping of mail order items (they used to take weeks to arrive) and the giant number of choices available on the internet it's probably less common in most areas. But I'm sure people in very small towns who support the local stores and then either pass older items to friends or donate them to the local churches still end up with at least a few duplicates of some items.

Of course, that doesn't prove anything -the parents in this case may have lied about the clothing, or even just been mistaken. But my own life experiences make it impossible for me to discount their story just based on finding an identical piece of clothing in their home.

Well, Deorr's "parents" won't ever have to worry about his clothing again. They fixed that. Poor baby.
Indeed they did. :(

Also reminded me of Scott Peterson when he pulled out the receipt for the marina ---when Vernal and Jessica showed receipts to prove that they were in Leadore on July 10th; despite no one else ever seeing this boy on the camping trip.
(East Idaho News interview with Lemhi Sheriff Lynn Bowerman on August 2015.)
Who does this and thinks they need proof of their whereabouts when their baby is missing ?
This was a missing child case, not a crime investigation --unless the parents felt that it was.
Just a recap of the odd events and coverup surrounding little DeOrr Jr's 'vanishing'.
Imo.

Who does this and thinks they need proof of their whereabouts when their baby is missing

??? I often have a purse full of receipts. I keep them for a variety of reasons. Sometimes I just want to know where my money went. Sometimes I think I'll want to return something. I'm an art journal keeper, so sometimes I hang onto receipts to paste into my book to remember a day or a place or a fight or a _____.

Again...not particularly unusual behavior; and not good evidence of anything.

If you pulled receipts out of where you had been when you had a missing child, I would be suspicious.
JMO

??? I often have a purse full of receipts. I keep them for a variety of reasons. Sometimes I just want to know where my money went. Sometimes I think I'll want to return something. I'm an art journal keeper, so sometimes I hang onto receipts to paste into my book to remember a day or a place or a fight or a _____.

Again...not particularly unusual behavior; and not good evidence of anything.

If you pulled receipts out of where you had been when you had a missing child, I would be suspicious.
JMO

Why? Millions of people the world 'round keep their receipts. Why should that behavior change if a child is missing?

I know what you mean. Surely your first thought, when thinking your child has genuinely gone missing or been abducted, is NOT “omg we need an alibi”

No; an alibi is not why I keep receipts. However, if I ever need an alibi...I have receipts.

I see the receipts as exactly that: proof the parents were where they said they were. I'm far more curious what was ON those receipts. Candy bars would be at least some tenuous evidence the child was there. Duct tape the same, albeit in a more sinister flavor. If they didn't purchase anything that could be considered suitable for a small child it might lend some circumstantial credence to the theory he was never there.

Context is important.
If your 2 year old were missing, in the same circumstances as Deorr Jr., and you pulled out your receipts to prove your story, sorry, but I would suspect you of disappearing your child.

If only Jessica and Vernal would tell the truth, then we would know, but since they are lying liars who lie, and would rather save their own skin than bring the baby home, then we don't know.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member