TX TX- Darren Coker, 30, Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport, 14 Sept 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Missing Louisiana man last seen in Lubbock

Darren is from West Monroe, LA.
He was expected to arrive in Hobbs, New Mexico, but has not.
upload_2020-9-16_20-18-25.jpeg
•white male
•brown hair, green eyes
•approximately 170lbs and is 6 feet tall
•last seen wearing a white baseball cap, white Under Armor T-shirt and black Under Armor shoes

•last heard from at approximately 9:40 p.m. Sept. 14 while at the Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport.

Officers believe Coker entered a Ford F-550 work truck, New Mexico license plate IRL2867, with a bucket attachment, ladder attached to the top with an ALPHA business logo on the doors. The truck’s GPS last showed the truck was in the area of 50th Street and Avenue A.

Lubbock police seeking missing Louisiana man

Avenue A & E 50th St
Lubbock, TX 79404
Google Maps

Investigators believe he entered a Ford F-550 work truck with New Mexico license plates and an Alpha business logo on the doors. The truck has a bucket attachment and a ladder.

...Investigators believe Darren Coker entered a Ford F-550 work truck on Monday that is believed to have been in the area of 50th Street and Avenue A.

So did he “enter” this work truck at the airport & it’s last GPS showed 50 St. & Ave A
OR
did he enter the truck where the GPS last showed?

If he got into the truck at the airport & GPS was working at 50th & Ave A, then why isn’t it working any longer? Did he disable it?
Or did they locate the truck at that location and Darren abandoned the truck?

Very confusing for sure!

A link above shows the area at 50th St & Ave A.

Was Coker the driver or passenger? If he was the driver, where did he get the keys from? Was the truck in long term parking? I’m from Louisiana and many of our guys are working in the oilfield providing drilling, pipelining, and production services in New Mexico.

Was Coker the driver or passenger? If he was the driver, where did he get the keys from? Was the truck in long term parking? I’m from Louisiana and many of our guys are working in the oilfield providing drilling, pipelining, and production services in New Mexico.

Great questions. When I read the articles the first time I just assumed by “entering” the truck that meant he was a passenger being picked up at the airport. But then the more I read, I’m not so sure about that. If he was driving then where’d he get the keys as you already asked? Plus if there was another individual involved, I feel like they would include that in the article, right?

A F550 is definitely a work truck. I feel like he was supposed to pick it up & drive it to the job site in NM.
The circumstances around him picking the truck up, leaving in it, & GPS not working after that last location is what’s confusing!

Lubbock Police Department

Comments...family commenting and posting on their page

Comments make sense; hopefully he is found soon & the circumstances around him disappearing come together.

One article states he is from West Monroe LA (northeastern part of state); not too far over the state line from me.

Mom seems to think he's in NE Louisiana. I guess that's where he was from? I guess until LE confirms and he explains to his family what happened he's still missing?

No updates from MSM. Maybe DC has been located but family and employer want to keep quiet.
There is a lot of missing information about DC disappearance. Praying for a good outcome.
Lubbock Police Department

His mother commented again 22 hrs ago. It’s a promising comment but not the same as if she physically saw or talked to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virginiab3ach
Back